Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Stylah - Holy/Retri Blood Elf Paladin

2 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Stylah - Holy/Retri Blood Elf Paladin Empty [Accepted] Stylah - Holy/Retri Blood Elf Paladin

Post  Stylez Sun Sep 06 2009, 22:12

Hello guys and girls, here's my application for Bloodpack.

Personal
Name(optional): Matt

In-game name: Styláh
Class and spec: Paladin, Holy main, Retri off. My offspec on dualspec at the moment is the pvp prot faceroll spec for arena. That said I can change it to retri whenever.
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Styl%C3%A1h

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?

Generally 30+ even on the most intensive graphical fights. Internet connection is stable also, french internet is actually pretty good. Latency is generally around 20-50ms.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?

Ideally, I would like a nice strong raiding guild with solid progress to back them up, which Bloodpack seem to offer. I've seen a fair few members flying around on their rusted drakes too so it shows you have dedication to the hard modes as I do. I have been looking at Bloodpack for a while also and waiting for the opportune moment to throw an application to you guys, that is now.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?

I may have done, whether they or I remember when and where I have no clue. Vouch probably not as I haven't asked anyone to.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?

Currently guildless as of about 30 minutes prior to writing this application.

What previous guilds have you been in?

On this realm since I transferred back here from Aggramar I have been in Almost Skilled since the roll back from my Death Knight on Grim Batol alliance. I left them as said above about 30 minutes ago.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?

N/A

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?

No and I don't plan to, unless of course I get declined here.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?

On this server I have a level 70 Orc Shaman, a level 63 Undead Mage and a level 80 Night Elf Warrior. The warrior was transferred here from Grim Batol. It was my Death Knights alt over there. I also have a level 80 Human Death Knight still on Grim Batol. I raided with my Death Knight primarily until early June this year as it was my WotLK main until I rolled back to my Paladin. Cleared everything with that char up until Algalon 25 man and have attempted him with it. My warrior I did Naxx 10 and bit of Ulduar 10 with.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?

Not much really.
General gaming on me Xbox 360 *cough* guitar hero pro here *cough*. Karting in Bergerac whenever I feel like it on weekends. Going out raving with mates and getting absolutely wrecked is also quite a favorite pasttime.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - N/A
Onyxia - N/a
Blackwing Lair - N/A
Ahn'Qiraj - N/A

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - All.
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - All.
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - All, but actual M'uru and KJ kills were post nerf and at level 80.

Wrath of the Lich King:
Normal Raids - All.
Heroic Raids - All, minus TotC heroic and Anub on 25 man.

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Answered in an above question.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Yes.
Omen - Yes.
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Yes, ForteXorcist.
Grid - Yes
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

Ugh, this is the best recent one I could find. I usually take screenies of my own character sheet so I can monitor how my stats are improving in a raid environment with procs up etc. The only thing you can't really see in this picture however is Elkano Buff Bars.

[Accepted] Stylah - Holy/Retri Blood Elf Paladin Wowscrnshot083109202045.th

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?

But, of course. Hard modes are now the real progress, shame to say really, I miss basic overtuned fights, like sunwell I guess Razz

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?

Aye, I have done so before, so no problems.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?

Arena, leveling alts, running around Orgrimmar like a nub, the usual.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?

Yeah I can keep myself topped easily.
I usually use Flask of Distilled Wisdom. The old 65 int flask. Somehow I just found it to be better than any WotLK flask. Stange, I know.
Runic Mana Potions, just in case my stupidly high mana pool does actually look to start to wane, always handy in an emergency.
Food buffs I usually use SP/Stam or Crit/Stam if there isn't a fish feast around.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?

Why did I choose Paladin? Hmm. Tough one actually, I don't honestly know. I remember back in the start of TBC I had a hunter and a mate kept pwning me with his Paladin in duels, I have a feeling it may have been that. Since then I've loved Paladin and made this a couple weeks into TBC. I am very familiar with all 3 specs of Paladin as I had to actively play all 3 specs in TBC, even retri in TBC :O
I do indeed have dual-spec.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples if so.

To be entirely honest, yes and no. No being because generally I like to theorycraft my own statistics etc for my characters, mainly Paladin and Death Knight because I personally feel I have mastered them fully. If some things I find are a little dodgy and I could use some help with I just head on over to EJs if I feel the need to.

What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids?

Enchanting and Tailoring. I've had enchanting ever since I made this character, originally coupled with Engineering. Since I started leveling this again I dropped Engi for Tailoring. I know, Tailoring might seem an odd choice to you as JC or BS could be a better option. However I found Lightweave and Swordguard cloak enchants to be very, very useful for healing/dps due to their ~70% uptime in combat. So basically 46 SP and 295 SP from them? Yes please, means I can int stack more.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.

N/A

Any additional things you'd like to add?

If any questions arise about AS, I will explain them thoroughly.
Just made a quick edit, I missed something I should've put.

Cheers for reading.
/Stylah.
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Stylah - Holy/Retri Blood Elf Paladin Empty Re: [Accepted] Stylah - Holy/Retri Blood Elf Paladin

Post  Rhiannon Mon Sep 07 2009, 12:01

Thanks for the application. We'd like to know a few more details before deciding one way or the other.

My own questions are:

Your spec's obviously a maximum throughput spec, and you're using two t8 rather than 4 - have you not found both stronger/longer sacred shields and divine sacrifice to be useful to your raids?

With the 3.2 changes to paladins, several have started matching stronger socket bonuses rather than int in everything. Could you explain your gemming choices? A nightmare tear in the neck, rather than say a SP/int in neck and int/mp5 in helm seems like taking int gemming to the extreme (34 int, 10 stam vs 24 int, 21 sp, 5 mp5).

Your departure from Almost Skilled sounds, from the way you describe it, less than amicable. Could we get a summary?

What was the name of your Death Knight?

Anyway, very thorough application, we'll get back to your short

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Stylah - Holy/Retri Blood Elf Paladin Empty Re: [Accepted] Stylah - Holy/Retri Blood Elf Paladin

Post  Stylez Mon Sep 07 2009, 12:56

Well the reasoning behind the pure int stacking ignoring certain, yet useful socket bonuses was purely because I was damn near the only tank healer in AS. We had me and a disc priest only. There were few holy paladins so I stacked myself up with pure int for the big mana pool to keep on healing without fear of going oom on long fights. The heals were still strong with constant usage. Also remember I have got the lightweave unlike most healadins which is up as stated at least ~70% of the time, so it left me with the option of being able to stack more int yet still have powerful heals. I know it relies a little too much on procs and RNG but it seems to work.
The reason I never had 4 set T8 is because I never did get 4 set, I wanted it but the best I got was 3/5 with T9.25 shoulders and BiS gloves - Gauntlets of the Thunder God.
I've kept the 51/5/15 spec throughout the time I have been playing this again for the above reason I mentioned with Int. stacking and, from what I can tell is the best for my playstyle. I mean, I can respec if need be and I'm asked to, I've looked at several different healing builds, including the Divine Sac build also and played them too, but have stuck with 51/5/15.
About the leaving AS. Last night as I said I made this application extremely quickly after my departure. Why I left? Basically, I got the crappiest whisper(s) possible from the GM, Manddi. The leaving wasn't just a quick decision based on those whispers, but has been a long time coming and I've been dwelling over it for the past couple of weeks, last night what he said to me was the finisher. I wish I took screenshots of it to post but I didn't. However what he said to me was full of Fs and blinds and just pure insult followed by "if ur gonna keep being like this fuck off out the guild m8" so I said ok and left. Excuse the language there but I'm just quoting him.
Hope that clears things up a bit.
Sty.
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Sep 07 2009, 14:31

You're significantly overstating the uptime on lightweave embroidery. Pre 3.1 it had a 50% proc chance and 45 second ICD, giving it an absolute maximum of 33% uptime, it was stealth changed in 3.2 to a 35% proc chance with a 60 second ICD, though the SP value was increased to match the buffs to other professions. 15 second duration with 60 second ICD = 25% uptime maximum.

Sources: http://www.stratfu.com/blog/2009/08/quiet-tailoring-nerf-in-32/#comments and http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t30655-wotlk_complete_mage_compendium_3_2_2_updated/p197/#post1344893

Anyway, that aside, we'll be happy to give you a trial. Whisper me ingame for an invite.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylez Mon Sep 07 2009, 15:33

Ooh, indeed, never actually noticed the decrease in uptime. I should've read that myself, sigh.
My bad on that one.
I'll be waiting for you to come on to bug you for the invite Smile
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down