Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Acceptedl] Wiggerlywoo - Mage

2 posters

Go down

[Acceptedl] Wiggerlywoo - Mage Empty [Acceptedl] Wiggerlywoo - Mage

Post  Wiggerlywoo Tue Sep 08 2009, 16:38

Personal
Name(optional): James

In-game name: Wiggerlywoo
Class and spec: Mage Fire/Arcane dual spec
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Wiggerlywoo

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? minimum 25-30 fps and about 80-100 ms most days

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? Heared alot of good things about the guild and know them from the old TBC days

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? The only person i can think of would be Stylah atm

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? i was in almost skilled untill early in the morning due to having a new born baby and not being able to stay to there strict raiding times meant there was no need for me to be there

What previous guilds have you been in? Almost skilled, Drunken Cows, Ludicrous, Phoenix Rising

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? N/A

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? N/A

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? Yes i have a lvl 80 prot warrior named ragnerous i raided most content with him also untill my mage become my main

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? Working with reptiles, goin out with friends

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core -
Onyxia -
Blackwing Lair -
Ahn'Qiraj -

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Cleared to vashj and kael
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - only downed a coupld of bosses in BT

Wrath of the Lich King:
Normal Raids - Most content except yogg 10 man and Totc
Heroic Raids - All content except Totc

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]

Although i have marked yes to all that means i will try to the best of my ability to achieve this, i have a 3 week old baby that also needs my time and some times it will make it impossible for me to raid, i hope you understand Smile

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Yes
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Powa aura
Grid - Yes
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice. [Acceptedl] Wiggerlywoo - Mage WoWScrnShot_090809_142719

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? Yes ofcourse i dont mind relearning tactics and spending gold on respecs, repairs and such

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? Yes ofcourse i dont mind you have to do these things for the progresion of the guild

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? Sitting round org or dalaran, pvping, chatting to guild members and friends u know the normal

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? yes i am able to i use frost wyrm flasks along with SP/Stam food unless a fish feast is available Smile

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? i am familiar with most mage specs and am happy to respec at any point, i have chosen my current spec for the damage increase that it gives although the dps may be a small amount lower they actual damage is higher then the other 2 specs.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples if so.

What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids? Enchanting / Tailoring my enchanting is maxed but do not have any of the ulduar recipes as of yet, my tailoring is not fully maxed out yet as i prefer to concerntrate my gold into repairs, buff foods and flasks for raids

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.

Any additional things you'd like to add?.

As stated previously i am a father to a new born baby and i hope you can understand if i dont turn up on time or am not on when i am supposed to be as my baby does take presidence over the game, however i wil do my best to turn up on time for the raid invites and will give 100% focus when i am in a raid environment

Wiggerlywoo

Back to top Go down

[Acceptedl] Wiggerlywoo - Mage Empty Re: [Acceptedl] Wiggerlywoo - Mage

Post  Rhiannon Tue Sep 08 2009, 17:00

Thanks for the application, and congratulations on the baby. Having just taken on two new trialists we're going to give it a week or two and evaluate our recruitment needs; funny thing when you recruit a couple people, your raids go from being a bit short to having five people too many, but that's how it goes. I should probably have closed recruitment temporarily, so I'm going to do that now. If you're still looking for a guild in a week or so I'll contact you and update you on our recruitment needs.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Oct 19 2009, 00:44

Ok, going to take another look at this app. If people have questions, ask now!

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Oct 19 2009, 14:19

I see you're logged in arcane spec - do you happen to have any more arcane friendly gear? 15% hit from gear is somewhat excessive when you only need 8% :p. But I guess if you've not had the drops it can't be helped.

I notice you've not taken combustion in your fire spec since it was re-worked. Not had a chance, or don't think it's worth it even after the changes?

That's about all I could come up with, everything seems ok!

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiggerlywoo Mon Oct 19 2009, 14:31

Yes i agree 15% is majorly overcapped but as u say i just have not had the drops the guild i am currently in has some of the biggest loot whores you have seen that have snapped up every bit of loot there is although i am not letting it get me down Razz i am however trying to rework my gear so that i do have lower hit but more haste which at current prices is rather expensive.

as for the fire spec this is the one i have found i can cause maximum overall damage with but as willing to take any criticism i know most mages now a days are goin 0,53,18 for the icy veins which happens to be the spec i am looking at giving a try out Razz although the loss of threat reduction may prove deadly overall it would be better off damage wise

Wiggerlywoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Oct 19 2009, 14:35

FFB's making a come back for raiding guilds only due to anub'arak heroic 25, due to the large AoE component, which makes it the superior spec. Fireball/ttw as you have is still the top single target scorch spec though, but since combustion changes I believe it's worth picking up in a spec.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiggerlywoo Mon Oct 19 2009, 14:52

well thank you for criticism and i will look into all suggstions Very Happy

Wiggerlywoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Tue Oct 20 2009, 15:14

We're going to give you a trial, whisper me in game when you get the chance!

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down