Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Application MM hunter

4 posters

Go down

[Declined] Application MM hunter Empty [Declined] Application MM hunter

Post  Diebymypet Sun Oct 18 2009, 14:13

Name(optional):David

In-game name:Diebymypet
Class and spec:MM hunter 7/57/7
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Diebymypet

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
When im playing on my laptop, i get about 15-20 fps, but on my PC its no less than 60. My connection is kinda reliable (since i phoned the shit out of my Internet Service Provider), got around 150 latency max.
Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
Ive heard you are making progress, raiding constantly, and full of mature players. What else could a huntard wish for himself?Smile
Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
Just read about Kessinas App,(GL btw:)) she was my mistress in exodus, and i was trying to be a Jnr Officer.
What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
My current guild is insómnia, and well, i just realised, thats not my kinda guild. Nice people, but lack of good raids, and loads of moaners about "i wanna come to raid plzplzplz"
What previous guilds have you been in?
I was in drunken cows in TBC, aswell as Well of Eternity in vanilla WoW, but i was just lvling in there.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
I had one before accepted in Insómnia at Hostile, but no word from there for about 4 days, and i asked them to close my app.
Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
Ive got a 80 Tankadin, with heal offspec( about 2-3 gears is missing to be proper for offspec) and ive raided with her till ulduar10 4 bosses
What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
I LOVE to read. Especially good Sci-Fi books, or fantasy, but i love the classics too (Cathedral, Malevil etc)
Got a girlfriend too, who tend to moan a bit when i play too much, but hell, thats the way it is:) Oh and "sometimes" i go into my classes too (student of law here:)) And the most important, i love to getting on Kessinas nerves:D
Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core -N/A
Onyxia -N/A
Blackwing Lair -N/A
Ahn'Qiraj -N/A

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon -Kara for a few times
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Nope
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - BT only at lvl 80 for fun:

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 -Cleared
Malygos 25 -nope, it was enough at 10 man version with pug...
Ulduar 10 -Last 2 bosses are still needed
Ulduar 25 - Flame Leviathan and Deconstructor.
ToC 10 normal - Cleared
ToGC 10 heroic -nope
ToC 25 normal -tried it for a few times with pugs, but no luck..
ToGC 25 heroic -no

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
-
Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 Yes
Friday = 19:30-23:30 Yes
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 Yes
Monday = 19:30-22:30 Yes
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 Yes

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - DMB is a must imo, so ive got it too:)
Omen - I need it, because i tend to be quiet an aggro monkey if i forget about MD.
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Only Spellflash
Grid - no
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?
Not that is good for raiding:)
If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
I will Post it this evening.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? But ofcourse, without fails theres no learning.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
For the greater good, everything:)
How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
Doing loads of hcs with alt, and doing dailys, or just chatting with friends.
Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? The main reason ive started an alt, was for JC/BS combinations, which are giving all the money i need for pretty much everything. For raids, im using Flask of Endless Rage, and 40haste buff food, since im MM.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
For a long time i was Survival. Then someone adviced me, to try MM, because easy rotation/great DPS. Ive tried it, and suited me pretty well. Imo Surv is not as good without a 232 ranged weapon at least. BM is dead for raiding, but kick ass for pvp.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
Lot of people is laughing at me, because i have only around 330 Arp, and "MM hunters need to get loads of Arp"
I say its not true. For the best dps, i needed to get haste capped, so my steady shot is at 1.53 cast speed. With haste food its even less, not to mention the paladins aura talent, which gives even more haste. The second stat for me is agility, then crit.
The "new" T9 set is terrible for MM hunters, since the first set bonus is rather for survivals (i only fire serpent sting once, then Chimera refreshes it) and the second set bonus is rather for BM hunters. The conquerors sets first bonus is great, i still need that (thats why im not equipping the rest of my T9 items) and even gives me more haste. For gems i use haste if needed, but the rest is agility/crit, or just agility (since it gives crit too:))
For enchants well those are the same as every hunter uses.
Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.
Since im ranged, and if im moving it decrases my dps, i rather describing it at petchwerk. First of all, if im the only hunter i always use misdirection. Ifn im not the only one, i talk with the others, or with tanks about it. Same goes for improved hunters mark, if im not the only hunter, i always shout, noone should overcast it.
So the fight begins, i start with serpent sting. I shoot an arcane, for once, then an aimed shot, then chimera shot, for refreshing my Serpent sting. Then spamming steady shot, until chimera is ready again, then if i feel like, i shoot an arcane/aimed shot, then spamming steady until chimera etcetc. At the start of the fight i activate rapid fire, and if that ran out, i activate readiness, then rapid fire again. Never using rapid fire under the effect of BL, because i can balance my dps better then.
Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
After each patch im checking Elitistjerks.com for a good rotation, and a good boost for dps( if needed ofc)

What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids?
Skinning/LW. Leatherworking is good for selfenchants, such as 130Ap on wrists. (thats why its not maxed out, thats the only thing i needed it for.
Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.

Any additional things you'd like to add?
I know, there are a lot of hunters on this realm, but to be honest, few of them know how to deal with their class (especially since Easymodegearingup). I know how to play with it, how to do 5k dps in a 10 man raid, and even more in 25 mans (ofc less if i need to move a lot:))
Im mature,but i tend to be childish, since its a game( ask Kessina:D)

Diebymypet

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Application MM hunter Empty Re: [Declined] Application MM hunter

Post  Sythe Mon Oct 19 2009, 14:00

Ok, first up we have 3 regularly raiding hunters so I don't think there is likely to be a spot for another - I'll leave that up to the GM however some comments on your application/gearing strategy.

To sum up - and I will put some reasoning in after - haste should really, really, really not be your focus as a hunter, whether MM or SV.

Basically the only affect haste has for a hunter is the speed of SS cast and auto shot, stacking haste doesn't affect ANY or your other shots' effectiveness.

MM actually has the most varied number of shots of all the hunter specs so you should be maximising there affect, not spending the points somewhere else.

Using a Spreadsheet

For all that follows I started by importing your char into the online version of the Hunter Spreadsheet available at Elitist Jerks as follows.

1. Go to http://www.femaledwarf.com/ (completely random URL I know).
2. Import from armory - 1st clue regarding haste, your trinket isn't even in the [hunter-centric] item list
3. Gear tab -> very bottom -> add 95 haste to model your trinket
4. Gear tab -> Ammo -> Choose cutters/razorheads (it only does this automatically for engineers)
5. Pet tab -> Choose Wolf -> Enable common pet spec
6. Buffs/Debuffs tab -> Enable best raid buffs (x2 Hunter and Target) - this is only for example numbers anyway
7. Shot Priority tab -> Enabled shots = KS/SrpS/CS/SS

I've chosen this really simple rotation initially to illustrate a point later based on your 'spamming SS' and 'Arc/Aimed when I feel like it' comments.

I've also left out rapid fire/racials etc. to keep things simple with regard to rotation.

8. Hit 'Update DPS' to get initial numbers - note as with all simulators these numbers will be high as they are ideal numbers in a perfect world Wink

You get 6854 DPS and the following breakdown for the worth of stats point for point.

Stat (DPS Value)
Ranged DPS + 1 (6.968)
Hit + 1 (when below cap) (2.499)
Agility + 1 (1.354)
Crit + 1 (1.109)
ArP + 1 (0.957)
Int + 1 (0.644)
Haste + 1 (0.544)
AP + 1 (0.525)
Stamina + 1 (0.000)
Mp5 + 1 (0.000)

Looking at this table (ignoring hit as you are capped with talents) you can see that point for point both Agi and Crit are worth double that of Haste, even Int is worth more.

Rotation

As MM you could be using all your shots when they are off CD only using SS when everything else is not available - the only possible exception to this is Arcane shot which I will come to later.

So going back to the spreadsheet and changing the rotation to KS/SrpS/CS/Aim/Arc/SS (again no big CDs or racials), hit Update DPS.

You now get 7034 DPS - Thats a +180DPS change (about 2.5%). Now I realise from your description you do use your shots - this just illustrates how important they are to your rotation rather than 'when I feel like it'.

I mentioned that there is a situation where you remove Arcane shot from your rotation - this is when ArP comes in. At a certain magic number ArP means that replacing Arc with SS increases your DPS.

Using the spreadsheet to test this for your gear etc. shows that the difference between using Arc or not is minimal, however if you replaced the haste trinket with a hit one and spent the 3 points you currently have in Focussed Aim on Improved Arcane Shot 3/3 you would see a DPS increase.

Finally as well as providing an interrupt, there is a school of thought that speccing Silencing shot is a DPS increase as it gives yet another instant shot to put in the rotation.

Movement

You mention that your DPS goes down with movement - whilst this is obviously true for all hunters (all classes for that matter) - MM is actually the most forgiving spec to movement. This is because of the high number of instants, and non-reliance on such talents as Sniper Training in the SV tree.

The other major shot that causes issue with movement is SS. This is the shot you are basing your entire rotation on and hence the issue with movement is magnified.

Just Stack Agi

Back to the spreadsheet - replacing the following gems.
Helm - Yellow -> +20 Agi
Shoulder - Yellow -> Nightmare tear (activates meta)
Chest - Blue -> +20 Agi (you don't need the hit socket bonus)
Belt - Green -> +20 Agi
Legs - Blue and Yellow -> 2x +20 Agi (again you don't need the hit socket bonus)
Gloves - Yellow -> +20 Agi

You now get 7101 DPS - Thats a +66DPS change over and above the better rotation number above (about 1%).

Trinket

I mentioned above that your [haste] trinket isn't supported by the spreadsheet. Lets swap in the Darkmoon card greatness (2nd Bis until ToC 25 HC, but just costs gold) - not forgetting to remove the additional 95 haste added by hand.

You now get 7306 DPS - Thats a +205DPS change over and above the better rotation and re-gem number above thats a wopping 3% increase (nearly).

Even if you don't have the gold for the darkmoon card you could swap this for a hit trinket giving you 3 extra talent points to spend, the '2nd' mirror of truth that you probably had drop from Brewfest boss etc. etc.

Other

I would agree that the T9 4-piece bonus is a bit meh however when coupled with the upgrades of the T9 gear itself its probably not worth keeping 2 pieces of T8 for the 10% damage increase to SrpS - I haven't run the numbers however.

Your pet is still doing 15-18% of your total damage and a +600AP boost is not to be sniffed at (pet AP is low compared to the hunters so this is a big % age difference).

As to your comment about the T9 2-piece bonus I think you may be confused - the ability for SrpS to crit applies to the tick damage as well meaning its ideal for MM hunters.
Sythe
Sythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Diebymypet Mon Oct 19 2009, 15:31

I can only thank you for your response, and for showing the way. Really appreciate it. Even if im not needed, i will do as u suggest, because it makes sense a lot:) Thank you again.

Diebymypet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sythe Mon Oct 19 2009, 15:36

No problem!

The number one consideration is to have fun - part of my fun is min/maxing however Wink
Sythe
Sythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Diebymypet Tue Oct 20 2009, 11:04

Done the things u said, and well.. my average dps is lower than 1-1.5k... It could be my fault, but i dont understand why.

Diebymypet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sythe Tue Oct 20 2009, 11:53

Hmm... Is this DPS on dummies or in raid?

Getting used to new rotations etc. will take some time, but you should see a DPS increase.

I'll give you a shout in game.
Sythe
Sythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Diebymypet Tue Oct 20 2009, 12:13

Dummies so far. And in HoS. Btw lets just leave my app, i dont wanna take any other hunters place from raiding:D
Sorry for wasted your time, bt if youd need me, i would have been given some reply from GM.Smile
Byez and take care!

Diebymypet

Back to top Go down

Post  Muppit Tue Oct 20 2009, 15:47

i dont norm reply to any posts on application but i feel i have to with this one ::

you applied to the guild on sunday , a class leader replied to your application monday (and is trying to help you on your spec/rotation etc ) and you put this as your post today

Diebymypet wrote:Dummies so far. And in HoS. Btw lets just leave my app, i dont wanna take any other hunters place from raiding:D
Sorry for wasted your time, bt if youd need me, i would have been given some reply from GM.[Declined] Application MM hunter Icon_smile
Byez and take care!

its seems to me that you didnt want to change the way you play for the guild.

and did it ever think that the gm may of been leaving it to the class leader to speak to you about your application and then speak to each other about it all

anyway good luck at were ever you go , and i do hope you dont make the same silly mistake their as you may of done here
Muppit
Muppit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Tue Oct 20 2009, 16:10

Think that was probably over-reacting, he did take on board Sythe's advice and tried his suggestions. I'll admit I've been a bit slack with replying to some of these applications, but indeed, we're fine on hunters for now. Thanks for the application.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down