Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Withdrawn] X-Realm Application Destruction Warlock

2 posters

Go down

[Withdrawn] X-Realm Application Destruction Warlock Empty [Withdrawn] X-Realm Application Destruction Warlock

Post  Arbaal Fri Oct 30 2009, 16:08

Personal
Name(optional): Adam

In-game name: Arbaal
Class and spec: Warlock - Destruction
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alonsus&n=Arbaal

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?

Framerate during a raid is generally at the 75 fps mark, both my PC and connection are reliable and my average latency during the evening is 201

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?

After looking through quite a number of recruitment posts on the EU forums I found myself drawn more to your guild thanks to your expectations of members, your level of progress, your raiding times and the general attitude your guild presented in its post.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?

Unfortunately I have not, this is an xrealm application and I have never played with anyone from your server.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?

Currently I am playing in a small 10m guild that was formed by a few people I knew on the server. Unfortunately I have always been a progress focused player and although I will be sad leaving, I can’t keep playing in content I cleared 4 months ago and with people who aren’t really serious on the raiding front.

What previous guilds have you been in?

WWNCG, AGCG, Solid, Unique, Meteor

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?

If I was accepted for trial I could transfer immediately or at least as fast as the account management site would let me.

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?

At this time I have applied to no other guilds and have no applications pending.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?

I have a level 80 death knight and warrior, however they were more pvp alts than anything else, a small amount of 10m raiding on the death knight is all I can add.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?

Outside of the game I do have a few interests; I enjoy gaming on xbox 360/ps3 and other pc games. I read a lot and do some writing as well.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core – Cleared at 60
Onyxia – Cleared at 60
Blackwing Lair – Cleared at 60 (achievement doesn’t quite sync up here I wasn’t accredited with the clear when the system was put in)
Ahn'Qiraj – Up to Princess Huhuran at 60

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon – Karazhan, Zul’ Aman and Gruul cleared at 70, Magtheridon I did not kill
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye -
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell -

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Cleared
Malygos 25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10 – Cleared (13/14)
Ulduar 25 – Cleared (13/14)
ToC 10 normal - Cleared
ToGC 10 heroic – Up to Anub’arak (4/5)
ToC 25 normal - Cleared
ToGC 25 heroic – Up to faction champions (2/5)

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Lose your Illusion(25 man), I could say that this cache was rare(25 man), Crazy cat lady(25 man), Orbit-uary (25 man), Heartbreaker (25 man), GotUR (10 man)

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Yes
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Yes
Grid – This I do not use, normally I rely on the blizzard raid frames, but I would happily change to grid if needed or asked to
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? CTraid assist

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

This screenshot is from a few months back but my UI hasn’t changed much if at all since then:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img224/3650/wowscrnshot083109190642.jpg

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?

Yes I am. One of my main goals in this game is progress at the highest levels, hard modes though the same fights in some ways, represent the true goal of the instance. I am more than prepared to spend all the time needed upon clearing the hard or heroic versions of each and every fight to come.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?

If it is for the best I am willing to be sat out, I understand that fights sometimes need specific class stacking.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?

Doing dailies, pvping a bit on alts, chatting to friends.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?

I am more than capable of supporting my expenses through dailies and playing the AH when needed. The consumables I typically use are Flask of the Frost wyrm, Firecracker salmon, Potion of wild magic, Potion of speed.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?

I chose the warlock class due to preferring to raid as a ranged dpser, I picked this class at the start of WoW and I haven’t felt any desire to swap mains yet. My spec was chosen as I felt it would be the best choice for optimise my dps, I could drop the 3 points from supp to place them in things like soul link (for heroic modes general aoe), or shadowfury (heroic anub’s adds, I believe some guilds find a warlock taking this useful) there are other options as well. I am of course willing to respec should the guild require it, and yes I do have duel-spec.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible. For example, a combat rogue might reply:

"A lot of the tier 9 quality gear has a lot of armor penetration on it. As I've been fortunate enough to obtain an armor pen trinket (mjolnir runestone), I am well within reach of the armor penetration soft-cap. This means that I have enough armor penetration from gear that when my trinket procs, my total armor penetration reaches 100%, thanks to 45% from the trinket proc, and 55% on my gear. So I gem enough ArP to keep myself at this soft cap, and then gem agility in most other sockets, which is worth more DPS after the soft cap. With my current gear, for yellow sockets with worthwhile bonuses I use agility/crit gems, but in the future, with the relatively high crit/low haste on t9 gear, it may well become more worthwhile to use agility/haste gems, especially on encounters that favour double wound poison.

If I were not running a Mjolnir setup, I don't yet have enough ArP from gear that it's worthwhile gemming for ArP, so instead I'd stick to agility unless I gain some more ArP gear."

As you can see from my armoury link above I’ve focused mostly on spellpower stacking, as I’m already hit capped in a raid environment I felt this would be the best option when improving my dps (about my hit as you can see the gear I’ve logged out in is capped in a raid when a boomkin/SP is present, I can also swap a few pieces to make sure I’m capped when one isn’t present as well). My overall strategy involves making sure I stay hit capped for raids while pushing my other dps stats up, spellpower works out best overall however I try not to forget about haste and crit, though from sites such as EJ it is shown that mathswise spellpower is always best once hit capped.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.

Well before any fight I use rank 1 lifetap to stack my eye of the broodmother trinket and to keep up the lifetap glyph. When the fight begins I open with Immolate and pet attack, then depending on the boss I stick CoD up at the end of the immolate cast. I follow this up with conflagrate then chaos bolt, using incinerate as filler until conflagrate comes off CD, refresh immolate, chaos bolt should be off CD now and the cycle goes round again.
If the fight won’t last 1 min I will swap the curse to CoA, and when moving I use rank 1 lifetap (full rank of course when needed) to keep trinket stacks up and the glyph up, I normally use corruption at this time as well since I try not to waste GCD’s while moving.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.

I of course keep myself updated from sites like EJ, mmochampion, and the EU and NA Warcraft forums. I also have RAWR to check out my potential dps and to help research possible gear upgrades.

What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids?

Tailoring and Jewelcrafting, both of these were taken for raiding purposes. Even after the JC gem changes it still seemed one of the strongest professions to take, and tailoring has been a powerful raiding buff for sometime now.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/aq4i1qmBA5Si9Dx1/sum/damageDone/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mrrWVLHFJGdIGWZD/sum/damageDone/

Any additional things you'd like to add?

I’ll add just a bit more about me, I consider myself a friendly player with a good sense of humour but also someone who always focuses on a raid nights and gives it his all. I spend a lot of time researching and working out boss strats and figuring out ways to improve my skills.

Arbaal

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn] X-Realm Application Destruction Warlock Empty Re: [Withdrawn] X-Realm Application Destruction Warlock

Post  Rhiannon Sat Oct 31 2009, 00:53

Thank you for the application, well written and thorough. We've currently got four trialists at the moment, including another warlock, so I'm reluctant to take another warlock trial on just yet. If you're still interested in a week or so, check back and I'll have an update for you.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn] X-Realm Application Destruction Warlock Empty Re: [Withdrawn] X-Realm Application Destruction Warlock

Post  Arbaal Sat Oct 31 2009, 15:02

Thanks for the reply, I can understand not wanting to take on too many trialists at one time, I'll check back in a week to see if anything has changed.

Arbaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Wed Nov 04 2009, 20:32

If you're still interested, we're going to offer you a trial.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Arbaal Mon Nov 09 2009, 00:55

Apologises for the late reply, it seems I wont be xrealming after all so I must decline the offer of a trial. Sorry for wasting your time and I wish you all the best of luck.

Arbaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Wed Nov 11 2009, 03:16

Thanks for getting back to us, best of luck.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down