Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Death Knight Application from Anachronos Alliance.

4 posters

Go down

[Declined]Death Knight Application from Anachronos Alliance. Empty [Declined]Death Knight Application from Anachronos Alliance.

Post  Darkisa Sat Jan 09 2010, 23:11

Name(optional): Ben

In-game name: Darkisa
Class and spec: Deathknight, Blood/Frost Tank.
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Darkisa

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with?
Yes
What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
I have around 40-50 fps in 25 man raids and no more than 150 latency. I don't have connection problems.
Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
I am in search for a powerful, raiding guild, that takes raids seriously and has a goal to progress further in the game. Additionally, my gear is fairly decent, but I haven't cleared some raids that I want to (like Ulduar 25, TotGC 25, etc.)
Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
Unfortunately not, as I am on the Alliance side of Anachronos.
What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
I am currently in Ruined, and I would leave this guild because I find that officers and other members in the guild are not helpful to others.
What previous guilds have you been in?
I have been in serveral guild:
Oligarchy: Many people were joining without officers reviewing the character or asking for an application
RED ARMY: Wasn't focused on progressing
If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?
As soon as I am accepted.
Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
No, I do not.
Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
I have a level 77 paladin on which I play when I have nothing to do.
What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
I love hanging out with my friends, going out to parties, and just generally having fun. I devote time when I am not with my friends or on WoW towards my studies, skateboarding, or playing on the piano.
Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic: I haven't played during Classic.
Molten Core -
Onyxia -
Blackwing Lair -
Ahn'Qiraj -

The Burning Crusade: This was on an old account that no longer exists.
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Cleared
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Ma'aru and Kil'Jaeden weren't downed.

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Cleared
Malygos 25 -Not done
Ulduar 10 - 5/14
Ulduar 25 -4/14
ToC 10 normal - 5/5
ToGC 10 heroic - 2/5
ToC 25 normal -4/5
ToGC 25 heroic - 0/5
ICC 10 - 3/12 (Up to Saurfang, didn't down Lady)
ICC 25 - 1/12

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - DBM
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - CDtimer
Grid - Yes
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? Recount

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
This is definitely not a problem.
Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Yes.
How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
I play the piano, hang out with friends, skateboard, and study.
Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
Flask of Stoneblood as my flask, buff food is Fish Feast. I can support myself and can always earn gold.
Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? I am very familiar with my spec and it is my own custom build. I have 2 specs for tanking (Blood and Frost). Blood being the spec I use when I am MT as I have the benefit of spells like Vampiric Blood. I use Forst for AoE tanking, such as the Lady Deathwhisper encounter and HoR and can use spells such as Howling Blast to quickly gain aggro on all mobs.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
I use a program known as Rawr that suggests upgrades for your gear.
Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
Unfortunately, this is not something I normally do, but this is something that I can make essential to my playing style if required.
How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?
I currently do not have any professions, but I will very soon get Enchanting and Jewelcrafting so I can provide Gems and Enchants for myself and fellow raid members.
Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
Unfortunately, I do not have access to one.

Darkisa

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Death Knight Application from Anachronos Alliance. Empty Re: [Declined]Death Knight Application from Anachronos Alliance.

Post  Stylez Sun Jan 10 2010, 00:56

Couple of questions...

1. Why are you using glyph of icebound fortitude? This was fixed a while ago and no longer grants any damage reduction once you are at or over 540 defense. Glyph of Death Strike would be more beneficial to you for single target (this could be debatable however, but it's my personal choice) or Glyph of DnD/Disease if you wish to be able to aoe tank nicely.

2. Your frost tanking spec. You have picked up Hungering Cold and Acclimation which are both pretty much useless for tanking. Granted, acclimation has it's uses for extra resistance but in most cases, it's 3 wasted points. You also didn't pick up Guile of Gorefiend, an extra 6 seconds on IBF and 45% extra damage on crits with the mentioned abilities, which is a brilliant talent in itself for survival and threat. Id suggest something like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0xhZhxcxN0Izc0fuzAocxh:Tad for you. Your glyphs I will not even get into, but I have included suggested glyphs in the above link.

3. How come you're using a 20 str gem and 2x 10str10crit in your tanking gear to hit red sockets? Granted the extra stam is nice, but if you really want the socket bonuses (of course 1 red is required for meta) you should use Dodge Stam or Agi Stam purples to hit them over those gems. Or even just put 30 stams in your shoulders/belt and one of the mentioned purples in your legs for 9 stam bonus. The dodge/def gem in your gloves seems a bit silly to me too due to your abundance of defense already, but I'll leave that one be.

Just my 2 cents.
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Death Knight Application from Anachronos Alliance. Empty Re: [Declined]Death Knight Application from Anachronos Alliance.

Post  Feyri Sun Jan 10 2010, 01:36

Well apart from what Stylah said, I'm just curious why you're so far below the hit cap. Even as a Frost tank, one should get at least 160 hit rating, which is required to be able to at least maintain some decent threat on bosses due to Nerves of Cold Steel giving you 3% hit for melee specials. Not to mention you do need to have slightly more than that due to Howling Blast and/or Icy Touch misses are a threat loss all around. Even with 160 hit rating, and either a Boomkin or a Shadow Priest present in the raid, you'd still need to eat up some Snapper Extremes to maintain some proper hit rating. You can easily exchange some of those relatively odd strength-crit gems into hit-stamina gems.

Also Stylah neglected to mention - Not having Glacier Rot is a TPS loss, since you lose quite a bit of your damage output which translates to threat. Yes, you use Obliterate, and yes, you use Rune Strike, but you do have to sometimes dump your Runic Power on Frost Strike, and reapply diseases either via Glyphed Howling Blast -> Rime+KM if possible, or just a plain 'ol Icy Touch. In addition to that in your Frost spec you have one glyph missing, glyph of UB which is far from even being decent for an DPS death knight, and glyph of Death Strike. Neither one of those is anywhere near optimum for a Frost tank, and they don't even relate to any proper dps spec when put together.

As for your professions, it's all nice and well to have the extra stamina from mining and the "o shit" heal from herbalism, but they are far from being optimal raiding professions, especially for a main. Yes, you said you're changing them, I just think you should get it sorted before applying to a raiding guild, you have a level 77 paladin - use that character to harvest things.

Fish Feast is not optimal for a Death Knight tank. I'd use Strength (for the extra TPS and avoidance), Agility (for the extra avoidance) or Hit (for reasons mentioned above) increasing food.

On a side note- Rawr and tanking gear, gemming and enchants don't make a very good team.

Feyri

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Death Knight Application from Anachronos Alliance. Empty Thanks.

Post  Darkisa Sun Jan 10 2010, 11:08

I'll take all of your advice and implement it immediately.

Darkisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Jan 11 2010, 09:05

Thanks for the application, I'm afraid we have no room for any tanks at the moment.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down