[Trial] ╠cekÝll - Mage x-realm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Trial] ╠cekÝll - Mage x-realm

Post  Icekill on Mon Mar 08 2010, 12:39

Personal
Name(optional): Lauri Luhtonen

In-game name: ╠cekÝll
Class and spec: Arcane mainly , fire and FF in my dualspec depending which fight we are doing
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&cn=%C3%8Ccek%C3%ADll

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? Yes

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? My fps is nothing to be proud of, 6-8, I should be getting a new computer soon. My internet and computer never let me down. Have about 30-100 latency depending how bad ravenholdt is on that day.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? Because you look like a raiding guild with who is good to raid with. Also you are recruiting a mage currently

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? No

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? Renovo - They only raid 3 days a week and there are some "retarded" people who don't know what is east and west etc. the best part is aswell that the officers don't care if they dont move to west or east side and let them get away with their stupidness. I just don't get enough from the guild raidwise

What previous guilds have you been in? Was in EPU, we stopped progress raiding for about 2 months in summer and some of the members made Renovo. Raid leader and Guild Master had to quit WoW due to real life issues

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? As soon as I see the post

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? None, though I made an apply to reroll holy pala to our guild because we only have one at the moment and people are whining about it.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? I have loads of alts:
Pala: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&cn=Draude
Shaman: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&cn=Luhtis (both enha and resto gear are equal)
Warlock: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&cn=Kakku
DK: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&cn=Beleg%C3%BBr (played dk as my main in 3.0 and went back on playing mage in the end of 3.0, played as dps mainspec)
Rogue: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&cn=Hairles

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? Nothing much... I'm into all kinds of sports and music. I play have played the piano soon for 5 years now and continuing to play it in the far future. Also spend some time after school with my friends

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core -
Onyxia -
Blackwing Lair -
Ahn'Qiraj -
Naxxramas -

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Cleared all, maggy and gruul in the late TBC though
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - 3/6 and 2/4 before Sunwell release, 3/4 in 3.0 before wotlk
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Cleared MH and 4/9 in BT before WotLK patch, killed Illidan in Wotlk patch, none in Sunwell

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - All
Malygos 25 - Did the 6 min kill in 3.1 only
Ulduar 10 - Didn't do much Ulduar, had only yogg+1 left in 3.1, at the moment making a Herald of the Titans group
Ulduar 25 - 5/9 hardmodes in 3.1, had Freya hardmode just pull away but guild stopped progressraiding. Cleared rest of the hardmodes in 3.2
ToC 10 normal - All
ToGC 10 heroic - 50 attempts
ToC 25 normal - All
ToGC 25 heroic - Got 4/5 before 3.3, killed Anub'arak in 3.3
ICC 10 normal - 11/12
ICC 10 heroic - 9/12
ICC 25 normal - 11/12
ICC 25 heroic -

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about. Moar Dots!?

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
There is some ice skating project incoming but I'm going to try to put it before raids. IF SOME day I won't be able to attend, I will inform it to you.

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - DBM
Omen - Blizzard has it's own threat meter now so no
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - No
Grid - No
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? My MSBT shows me all the procs I get

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9453/wowuia.jpg

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? Alredy have and IMO it's the most fun part about raiding

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? Have nothing againts this, was a pain in the ass to try to do anub'arak heroic without JoL >_>

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? Playing alts, afking in dalaran for more /played or just farming (how I love that word).

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? Organised some Ulduar sell runs and have had 25k+ g for quite long, also flasks barely cost anything. 50% increased frost lotus drop rate ftw.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? Mage was my first class in this game and I just loved it from the beginning. It also has been the most stable class in the game and has had least changes in specs / spells during the game. As I alredy said, I'm playing mostly arcane since it does more dps and have fire / FF in my dualspec because the cleave/aoe damage is just imba for some fights. (Lich king, Anub'arak)

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible. Stacking as much spellpower as possible. I'm trying to keep 900-1000 haste as arcane and not go under or over it, rest comes from gear.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? I don't only focus on nuking the boss exept on somefights where theres nothing else to do. Always being aware where to move and what abilitys the boss is doing, getting 4 stacks of arcane blast on saurfang for faster add nuking, buffing amplify magic. Arcane blast for 4 stacks and arcane missiles with missile barrage, use evocation with pushing the limits (t10 proc) for faster channel

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so. I don't read theography of my class because I don't need it. If there is something that is going to change mages I can read it from the patch notes.

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids? Spellpower, and a spell power proc

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. http://www.renovo-guild.com/logs.html Feel free to check any raid

Any additional things you'd like to add? I'm applying as a mage, but you are reqruiting a shaman aswell and I can consider rerolling it if it is needed more.

Icekill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Trial] ╠cekÝll - Mage x-realm

Post  Rhiannon on Mon Mar 08 2010, 17:27

Impressive app, though it worries me when someone says they don't need to read the theorycraft of their class or use any tools. Having said that your gearing is mostly optimal (though without 2t9, it is usually not optimal to gem purples for a 5 sp bonus, only a 7 sp bonus, and similarly haste becomes extremely strong (unless gcd caps come into play) making it worthwhile to gem reckless + purified for a 7 sp bonus). Rawr's suggesting that ditching the purifieds in your bracers and ring for runed, and the runed in your legs for a reckless/purified, will be an 8 dps increase. Obviously this is a tiny fraction of a percent we're talking about that would easily be swallowed up by RNG and I wouldn't expect any regemming of old gear, just something to keep in mind for new gear. Gear is pretty impressive overall though.

I am however curious about one of your spec decisions, notably the decision to take 3/5 arcane stability, 2 more points than you need to get down the tree, over something like Magic Attunement. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only situations where pushback plays a major part in ICC are the trash mobs just before deathwhisper, Stinky's aura and possibly the weekly quest to slay the giant. I don't think the aoe on BQL, Putricide or Sindragosa cause any pushback, only thing I can think of is frostbolt volleys on Deathwhisper and Valithria. I'd have thought 6 yards extra on your main dps spells would overall be more useful, especially with so many fights promoting spreading out and involving a fair amount of movement. Any thoughts/justification for your choice here?

Overall a decent application, we'll be back to you shortly.

Rhiannon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Icekill on Mon Mar 08 2010, 20:22

Had the 2t9 bonus when I gemmed the 12 sp 10 spirit gems into 5 sp socket bonus and havn't just bothered to replace them because it is not going to change anything in dps.

I specced 3/5 in arcane stability since I always was in range of whatever I am dpsing and it's just annoying to lose 2-3 missiles from arcane missiles just because a blood bolt hits me on BQL (esp when I have all procs and cd's), also played arcane on LK for abit and infest is a pushback aswell + pain and suffering (p2/4 ability). Also on Festergut the puke thing is bugged IMO because I still can cast while under the effect and get pushback from it.

Icekill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy (Dwerimia) on Tue Mar 09 2010, 08:56

I also used the same arcane spec that you are using now but found that having the increased resistances and range from Magic Attunement and Apsorption out weigh the slight reduction in push back. Personally i would rather be further from danger and have a bit more of a chance to resist a spell than have that little more dmg, the push back I have noticed on BQL with the blood bolt is very small and as for Infest on LK yes i can understand that it is a noticable push back but again personally i would rather have that extra resistance there as a little fall back on the off chance i dont resist as much as the next person.

As Rhiannon has said not using any external resources other than patch notes is a bit strange, you can learn alot more about how your class and different specs work and how much more you can get from your spec by reading Elitist Jerk or any other class related wow forums.

All in all nicely geared and a good application, good look.
Andy (Dwerimia)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon on Tue Mar 09 2010, 21:19

The justification for the spec makes sense, I forgot about the pushback on LK. I dare say you might find the extra range more useful on 25m hardmodes, but we'll see. We're going to offer you a trial.

Rhiannon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Icekill on Wed Mar 10 2010, 15:53

Transferred yesterday but it still hasn't been moved yet... will see how long it will take

Icekill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Velcio on Wed Mar 10 2010, 16:14

If possible, it might be an idea to get rid of the strange symbols in your name if a likable/the original name is available. ;(

Also, yayy, we have now a grand total of two finns in the guild.

Velcio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Icekill on Wed Mar 10 2010, 16:47

Think ill keep the symbols so ppl from my old guild will be whining at me to how to look for me up on the armory Very Happy

Fyi aswell, aint fully Fin! both parents are russian

Icekill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylez on Wed Mar 10 2010, 18:18

Ignore the accent haters \o/
Stylez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content