Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Rob, Dk Blood Dps / Reliable Geared Tank (X-Realm)

5 posters

Go down

[Declined]Rob, Dk Blood Dps / Reliable Geared Tank (X-Realm) Empty [Declined]Rob, Dk Blood Dps / Reliable Geared Tank (X-Realm)

Post  Rob Mon Mar 29 2010, 00:04

Personal
Name(optional): Rob

In-game name: Röb
Class and spec: DeathKnight, Blood
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&cn=R%C3%B6b

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with?
Yes

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
Framerate is only an issue with Recount on, (which i never do on 25 mans because that'l defeat the object). Framerate, 25 mans: 30-50 depending on the encounter itself.
Latency, 25 mans: 65-80.
Internet is very reliable, seeing as i'm the only user in the house.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
To be perfectly honest, which i'l proberly regret, is looking through Guild Recruitment, in WoWProgress.com, the name caught my eye Smile

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
No

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
Illuminatí, Well long story short, Gm after Gm leaving, since the First GM of the guild, we've had a few just taking the roll for the loots and a few taking it because they have to, which isn't their fault, but we've lost many good players to random guilds. This will keep on happening untill the guild actually dispands.

What previous guilds have you been in?
Before Illuminatí, i was in Twilight, Twilight was mine and my mates from my guild before that which was Legacy, which dispanded because many had to work. Twilight was a very nice, 10 man late night raiding guild, but ofc as every person knows you can't have to many late nights... after getting Twilight on its feet, i decided to leave and let them get on with it, which infact they have done even better and are now Realm 6th i think 25 man.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?
Of course, a working young adult loves to spend money Smile

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
Nope, learnt from my mates experience never apply to more then one.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
I have 3, other level 80 characters, and soon another one just can't think what to lvl first.
Captincowpat, Level 80 Shaman, Resto/Ele.
Lmbw, Level 80 Mage, Arcane/Fire.
Fknprawn, Level 80 Druid, Tank/Boomkin.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
Only really 4, out of the game, which is my girlfriend, Football, college and work.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Just a quick note, i started playing wow, in TBC, only because of my sisters boyfriend, and i joined his guild as a social, which then once lvling a dk i started raiding properly in 25 man naxx. which then lead to more and more progression to where i am today Smile.

Classic:
Molten Core - None
Onyxia - None
Blackwing Lair - None
Ahn'Qiraj - None
Naxxramas - None

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Kara 11/11.
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - SSC= 5/6 Eye = 4/4
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - MH= 1/5 BT= 5/9 Sunwell= none.

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Cleared
Malygos 25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10 - Cleared
Ulduar 25 - Cleared
ToC 10 normal - Cleared
ToGC 10 heroic - Cleared
ToC 25 normal - Cleared
ToGC 25 heroic - 4/5, we lost both our blocked gear tanks so we just, gah /wrist.
ICC 10 normal - Cleared
ICC 10 heroic - HM= Marrowgar, Lady, Gunship, Saurfang, Festergut. Down first 10 man heroic, since then we took the 2 "equal" groups... so yeah
ICC 25 normal - 11/12
ICC 25 heroic - 0/12

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
200 Daily Quests Complete, Surprised me since i don't do dailys other then JC... Smile)

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs / DXE -
Omen - DBM, Omen Yes.
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers -
Grid - Grid and Cooldown, Yes.
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?
Sexymap
Bartender
Viewporter
Prat
Healbot( for alts )
Recount ( 10 mans )
And ofc Titan Panel.

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot032810195532.jpg/

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
Definitely.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Yes.
How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
Either trying to think of what to level next, 40 warlock, 40 hunter 41 paladin, either grind with my mages mining, or AH spam or even pvp if that bored.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
I have enough gold, for all flasks buff food and repairs. Currently using, Flask: Flask of Endless Rage, Potion: Potion of Speed / Indestructable Potion before a pull and Buff Food: Dragonfin filet, for the strength, or Hearty Rhino, for the ArP.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
I've recently changed to blood since both Blood and UH aren't that much of a difference unless its an aoe based fight. When i first started playing DK i was blood, and i know UH and Blood rotation inside out, since the recent patch frost DW is very decent infact, and i know most top top end dks are speccing this, which i have started to get the weapons, and gear, I've recently just got the 10 man (HC) axe from Gunship, which either one from 25 man or the same one from 10 man hc, then i'l be able to test and re learn my frost rotation, I have duel spec yes Smile and always willing to be the "scorch bitch" for dks Smile

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
Well as you can see from my gear, im spell capped, just. i've gone for mostly ArP on gear aswell as gemming, because ofc blood <3's ArP. I've tried to go for more crit then haste.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.
If you say a Lich king for instance, as im DK CL, i've been nagging at my other dks not to aoe, as much and keep it as only diseases and single target on the boss. My blood rotation is pretty standard, Entering an Encounter: (If i have enough RP from a resto druid) i got straight with ERW, Hysteria, IT, PS , HS , DS , HS, Dump, Pest. if i do not have enough RP, i simply start off with Hysteria, IT , PS , HS , DS , HS ( by now i should have enough RP ) so i ERW, and pest to get 2 stacks of diseases. During the middle of an encounter: its a very simple rotation of ( with my diseases up already ) DS, HS , HS , HoW , Dump, Pest, DS , HS , HS, Dump repeat repeat, Dks are slightly like paladins with the "press w.e is off cd", sept timing your runes is key.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
My Sisters BF, is a wow freak and has nearly every character and he does all this for me, but only the print pages off bit, ofc i read it Smile so anything new, i found out first Smile

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?
I have BS, JC. Bs for extra sockets, and JC for the OP gems, ( just like to add i can craft every BS pattern sept healing legs)

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
This world of logs is the Sindra kill, and Lich king attempts, we had major dc problems so we called it early, ( not me Smile ), and you can see other raids on there if you want more research on my dps. Smile

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xdj6d1isssdpz083/sum/damageDone/?s=851&e=1434

Any additional things you'd like to add?.
Nothing comes to mind, other than thank you for your time Smile

Rob

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Rob, Dk Blood Dps / Reliable Geared Tank (X-Realm) Empty Re: [Declined]Rob, Dk Blood Dps / Reliable Geared Tank (X-Realm)

Post  Stylez Mon Mar 29 2010, 02:57

Pretty nice setup. I'd guess you prefer using the ArP food over Str food to be on hard cap, right? Well, you'd be slightly under but whatever. Taking into account that Blood Gorged doesn't show up on the paper doll obviously.
Spec, well, it's good but personally prefer a 3/3 morb, 4/5 nec build with glyph of dark death over disease. Reasoning for that is more HS' over using a blood rune to refresh diseases. But hey that's debatable and whatever fits your playstyle.
Generally for a Blood DK 22 agi on cloak is ever so marginally better than 23 haste. Also, the 15 strength on gloves enchant is better than 44 AP for Blood aswell as Unholy, this is straight down to multipliers though and only a slight increase, but an increase none-the-less.
Anyways, good luck with your app! Smile
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Rob, Dk Blood Dps / Reliable Geared Tank (X-Realm) Empty Re: [Declined]Rob, Dk Blood Dps / Reliable Geared Tank (X-Realm)

Post  Rob Mon Mar 29 2010, 06:31

Yeah, i've been reading up recently and checking top end geared blood dks for back up, and can only find 44 ap, i thought the same as yourself with the slight increase of 15 strngth, i'l test it since my alt has to much mats i can play around, going by your prefered specc, i've recently had 3 blood specs to pick from and work from, one from my mate from a competing guild and your spec and my spec, atm i've only tried mine and his i'l give yours ago proberly tomorow or today, to test it, but yes i mainly use ArP food, and i've been meaning to change the cloak enchant but the same as the glove enchant theres a great deal of debate on either or, as i said, i'l change and spec and i'l finalise everything which obv brings me dps Smile

Ty for your imput <3

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Feyri Mon Mar 29 2010, 13:17

What I don't understand is why you've got so much hit. You've got more hit than most Unholy and DW Frost Death Knights I know. Blood's less reliant on spells, thus the 60-80 or so hit over-cap you've got running around there is kinda wasted itemization. I guess switching the Rotface belt with the Sindragosa one will fix some of it, or getting Shadow's Edge instead of Cryptmaker for the crit you mentioned you wanted to stack. Yes, it has less ArP than Cryptmaker but I'd sacrifice that bit of ArP to not waste itemization elsewhere.

Another option is to get different pair of gloves, I don't know how good, or bad, 4P10 is for Blood but taking into consideration you're going to upgrade those to Sanctified sooner or later that's even more wasted hit rating. Keep in mind we are running hard modes, and the amount of hit on those items is much higher, you will end up with 400 hit or more if you keep this up. =P

As for the Disease glyph, just like Stylez I'm not entirely sure if that's the glyph I'd go for, it could well help on AoE fights, but not that many of those exist in ICC par trash. Even VD, which is basically a trash fight, you don't get many chances to spread diseases onto targets unless they're a big wave of Suppressors or the odd chance one side is more packed than the other. That said, as Stylez said (yet again) it depends on your play style.

Yes, 15 strength is better than 44 AP, moreso for blood with the better Strength scaling than the other specs.

Your UI scares me a bit, but that's just me. How can you see anything? Razz

Also - I don't mean to be hostile but a girlfriend is not a hobby.

Feyri

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Mar 29 2010, 14:18

Thanks for the app Rob, liked it a lot. However we've just taken on a DK trialist, and may be taking another on, so I don't think there's any room for you with us. Best of luck elsewhere.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mon Mar 29 2010, 17:12

Yeah, Thankyou for looking in to it.

The reason i have so much hit is actually because i was Unholy and still gearing Blood as well as another weapon for frost, the gloves i kept only because the upgrades i will be getting BQL neck, VD belt and the ArP ring either 10 man heroic or 25 man, cant remember which boss but that will lose about, 170 hit ~ which would bring it down nicely. As well as Shadow's edge which i have, as well as byntroll and heroic Oxheart :< i can use any for any Smile

But anyway thankyou for your time Smile Good luck with clearing 25 hc.

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Mon Mar 29 2010, 17:36

One of the best reads I have had in ages Smile

Just a shame your Mage isnt geared as good !

M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down