Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Holy Paladin Request

3 posters

Go down

[Declined] Holy Paladin Request Empty [Declined] Holy Paladin Request

Post  Lukeantony Wed May 26 2010, 18:33

Personal
Name(optional): Antony

In-game name: Lukeant
Class and spec: Paladin, Holy/Tank off
Armory link: Sorry to say recent Namechange and cannot find ( P.s Allways had a problem Finding this ) Sorry for that.

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with?
This Account was my Younger Brothers. he Quit the Game so i started to play this,

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? 7-10 Framerate on a 25 man this can Range more, My Internet connection is Very Reliable its Rair i lose connection, For some reason my Latency is Stupid. i can Range from 100-1000, but Average is around 350 ish,

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
I am Applying to join Bloodpack Because, Some Bullet points if i may.

I am wanting to be able to Raid Everynight Possable and Help progress as much as i can.
Bloodpack is the Best guild i have seen on this realm ( Anachronos )
I would like to be able to Help this guild progress as much as possable.
Also i am from the Alliance and would like to be able to Witness the other Side of the Game.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
Sorry to say no1 From the Alliance.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
Lost souls - is my Current guild, i am Planning on Leaving Due to A guild split, we have not been able to Raid now for 2 weeks and now Sick of it Tbh. i want to be able to be a Full time raider as i play All of the time.

What previous guilds have you been in?
My previous guilds Are - The burning hand - Lost souls - Ruined -

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?
Just will need to change From Alliance to horde.

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
Non, only yourself.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
My Main character is a Paladin holy with a offspec tank, i know how to use these FULLY, but the tanking Gear isnt letting me get the best that i can be,

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
Tbh not many i Live in the House and play Wow allday and night,

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - Didnt do
Onyxia - Done Cleared
Blackwing Lair - Nope
Ahn'Qiraj - Nope
Naxxramas - Cleared

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Done all but Gruul's Lair
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - only the Serpentshrine out these 2.
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - All of these.

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Cleared Fully plenty of times.
Malygos 25 - Done plent of times
Ulduar 10 - 4 bosses
Ulduar 25 -didnt really do it.
ToC 10 normal - Cleared
ToGC 10 heroic - 1st boss only Sadly
ToC 25 normal - Cleared
ToGC 25 heroic - Non
ICC 10 normal - I have Fought Up to LK and LK Just didnt down him,
ICC 10 heroic - Non But read Tacs.
ICC 25 normal - 8/12
ICC 25 heroic - Non but would like to try.

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
non to be proud of but would like ot be able to get them Smile

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs / DXE - DBM
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Daltanious' Beacon of Light ( helps to See when Healing )
Grid - Yes
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? Healbot As i am healer, Amnib as i am a Raidleader atm this is a Auto inviter for raid times ( all people need to do is Wisp invite and they get the invite )

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
This would not Allow me to post for some reason, i am sure if u can tell me how i can link one for you The interface i use is nUI, this puts a UI onto the bottem with th map in the Middle, Also as the sides i can Put my Omen and Recount, everything else also Smile

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
This is why i want To join a guild like yourselfs. i have the money to do the wipes, Pay for my Flasks ( or should i say i make them ), i am hoping for the best to happen so i am help you and myself,

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? I would be Happy do Give my Place If this is For a Reason, but would allways like to be able to get in if i can.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? Just Farm for the Raids, Heroics, and Also PVP,

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
I can Supply myself for everything i need, I use 65 intellect Flasks for Raids as it gives my More intellect as a paladin so i may last longer in a fight, I am a Alchamist so i can Make All the Flasks that i need for Myself or the Raid for that case.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
I Know how to use the Paladin Very well 1 of the best if i may say so myself. i do have Duel spec and as i have allready said i am Duel spec Holy, Prot, MS Healer tho,
I have Had to solo heal the 2nd 3rd and 4th boss in ICC 10 Due to the other healer Failing ( dead from start ) where no1 died. i would love to prove this to yourselfs but not able too, Ofc all my guildies know about this tho, My Prot spec waas mainly for the guild due to alot of people leaving, but due to this we also lost alot of our healers so my tanking spec Never got used or Geared up, i would love to be able to progress as a tank but i love healing mostly as it what i have done from the start of playing Wow.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
For a Paladin Healer - I know for a paladin healer its mainly intellect As in the Talent tree That from 20% of your intellect to Spell Power (Holy Guidance), I also know that Spirit is Useless for a Paladin as it gives nothing. i have recently seen Paladins Stacking Crit and Mp5, i dont see no problem with this so as Intellect gives Crit, when i Am Fully Buffed i am at around 52% Crit what for a paladin is Everycast, My haste is increased from my Talants when i use a Judgement of Wisdom, from in my Talent build (Judgement of the Pure),

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.

At the Start of a Fight i Allways make sure that i have Beakon of Light on the MT also putting a Sacred shield on then ( Makes it + Crit 50% when hit, when using a Flash heal on that Person ) I then Follow on By starting to use a Holy shock at the start of a Fight as we are Running in, this is because the tanks will get hit and as pala i have Got to Cast so thats my Only Instant Cast also if this crits i get a instant cast on my Flash of Light. i then Start Spamming Flash of Light untill i know that the tank will start taking Damage Before i use My Holy Light ( i try to use this as little as possable as its a BIG Mana Cost) During the Start of the Fight i also make sure i get my Haste from Attacking ( sorry i missed that 1 out ) , i also Help on Raid if the tanks are Full So that its Easyer for the other healers.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
Nope i do Everything myself i Looked at my spec Hard to Find out what would be needed for myself as a 51/5/15 build,

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?
Alchemy and Hurb,

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
Sorry not able too Atm.

Any additional things you'd like to add? Yes i Am Very sorry about not being Able to Provide Screen shots, I am Sure that i have told u EVERY thing that i can about myself and My Class, the only 1 thing missing from the Start ( Where are you From: i am from england ) But other then this i would like to Thank you All Very much for reading this and will look forword to your Reply, I am Alliance Btw so if u try talking in Game sorry not a Horde atm Smile TC!

Lukeantony

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Holy Paladin Request Empty Re: [Declined] Holy Paladin Request

Post  Stylez Wed May 26 2010, 19:41

Hello, wall of text inc.

First things first. You managed to apply to us missing the 3 most important things to check if people aren't terrible - UI screenshot, an armory link and some log parses of sorts. That in itself makes an application bad. This aside from the annoying fact of capital letters everywhere in random places.

Anyway down to the nitty gritty.

I find it hard to believe you did Original Naxx like you stated, along with Onyxia but didn't do Molten Core etc. The question was "What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week." Not if you cleared it at level 70/80 or whatever. Same goes for BT/MH/Sunwell, however no armory link so I can't check.

As for your gearing strat I wouldn't exactly call that rocket science if I'm honest. You weren't specific at all and that's what it asks for. It's very easy to go IM HOLY PALADIN I NEED INT which is pretty much what I got from your answer. It's usually pretty good to explain why you need certain stats, we all know why here but what we don't know is, do you know. It's also all well and good having 52% crit raid buffed, but that's absolutely pointless. The 51/5/15 spec which you mentioned to be your current build is very much outdated. It's a Naxx only spec back in the start of WotLK. Sure it can be great for max throughput but it's far better being 51/20/0 or something similar for the raid utility from Divine Guardian etc in ICC.

The way you spoke about healing worries me too. The fact you seem worried to use holy light because of it's mana cost. That is the main reason holy paladins go all out Intellect amongst other things, so that they can spam holy light and not just sit and smack away at flash of light minimizing throughput. Using flash of light is perfectly fine when there isn't heavy tank damage but few hard modes in ICC 25 actually accomodate that and require full throughput from holy lights and shocks. Just a little thing to add to help greatly with mana regen which you didn't mention - if you aren't standing in melee range, it's good to judge on cooldown for the chance of proccing seal of wisdom. On several fights however our holy paladins stand in melee range.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
Nope i do Everything myself i Looked at my spec Hard to Find out what would be needed for myself as a 51/5/15 build

This kinda made me chuckle. It's great to know everything yourself about your class and it's very much encouraged, however, you clearly don't, your spec alone proves this. I'd suggest very strongly that you read over EJs and the like and look at the updated holy paladin threads.

You say you have herbalism. This is a terrible prof for any main raiding character. I'd suggest if you're looking towards a serious raiding guild that you change this, for future reference.

Anyway, enough from me.

/Stylez

EDIT: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Lukeant Armory there. Written enough so can't be bothered to point faults out with gearing strat. I'll let Kar or someone do that Razz
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukeantony Wed May 26 2010, 19:49

Well i am thankfull for your reply,

From everything that you have said i was mistaken in the Raids ( early 1s ), I would like to progress within Wow and get some progress helping out guilds that may need it, i just thourght i would ask if i may join,

For the armory when ever i try to find som1 like myself it allways comes back ( no person with this name was found ) so i am sorry that i couldnt post that, but you found it,

If possable to talk to yourself ingame this would be great,

All the best Antony.

Lukeantony

Back to top Go down

Post  Goblette Wed May 26 2010, 20:01

Thanks for the application, but we're currently not recruiting holy paladins.

Good luck finding a suitable guild.

Goblette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down