Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Trial] madpall holy paladin

+2
Stylez
madpall
6 posters

Go down

[Trial] madpall holy paladin Empty [Trial] madpall holy paladin

Post  madpall Tue Jun 08 2010, 10:32

Personal
Name(optional):Koen

In-game name:Madpall
Class and spec:Holy paladin main specc
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Madpall

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? Yes i am

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? my framerate is usually between 30-40 in raids and latency around 110, my PC has a Core 2 due 3Ghz,6gb ram ati radeon 4890, and my connection is 1Mbs

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? Bloodpack is a very good guild thats likes to go for the harder bosses what i do like

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? My current guild is Legion, its a social guild that does a ICC10 run once/twice a week and gets to 6/12

What previous guilds have you been in?Just legion

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?No i'm on anachronos

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? No i dont

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? I got an 80 hunter wich is the char i mostly raid with he's 11/12 on 25 and 9/12 on 10man icc

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? Gym and going out

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:/
Molten Core -/
Onyxia -/
Blackwing Lair -/
Ahn'Qiraj -/
Naxxramas -

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - I have cleared Karazhan on my hunter back in TBC
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye -/
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell -/

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 -
Malygos 25 -/
Ulduar 10 -4/14
Ulduar 25 -2/14
ToC 10 normal -2/5
ToGC 10 heroic -/
ToC 25 normal -/
ToGC 25 heroic -/
ICC 10 normal -6/12
ICC 10 heroic -/
ICC 25 normal -4/12
ICC 25 heroic -/

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] y
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
except occasionally if something gets in the way ofc
Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs / DXE - Y
Omen - N, i'm always healing so dindt realy require it
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers -N, i dont use any i just set focus on the one that has my beacon and sacread shield so i can always see if its still on him/her
Grid -N
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?
nope, i mostly heal with the groups on my screen, it works well for me and got used to it like that, but ofc addons are easly obtained
If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice. https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot052410093651.jpg/

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? Ofc, thats what i'm aiming for

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? Yes ofc

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? mostly doing random hc's, grinding some herbs or gearing up an alt

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? Well flasks depends on the bosses realy, if its a long fight i will take flask of the pure mojo to have more mp5, otherwise i'll be using a flask of the frost wyrm for the spell power

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? Yes i have dual specc, but i dont have good off specc gear because i mostly focus on my holy gear/specc but changing is no problem.
I have chosen Holy specc because i got a dps and tank alt so i wanted to give healing a try and i like it very much.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible. Well as paladin healer i socket intellect because it increases my mana pool and spell critical hit and with my specc 51/20/0 i have holy guidance 5/5 wich increases my spell power with 20% of my total intellect, for my gear i try and attend on getting more haste for my spell cast allong with crit.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about. Well ofcourse Beacon of light and Sacred shield on the tank that i need to heal en Flash of light to heal when there is average damg, and holy light when there is allot of damage thats also one of the reasons to socket intellect so my mana pool is big enough to be able to spamm some holy lights when its needed like on Festergut with inhaling blight.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so. I check MMO-champions occasionally to see if there will be any changes with holy paladins and the forums on MMO-champion

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids? well ive chosen for alchemy and herbalism because with the alchemy proffesion i will not run out of flasks that fast and the herbalism is for the lifeblood spell that i can use to heal minor damage that ive taken and can still concentrate on healing the tanks and raid

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. Sorry i dont have one

Any additional things you'd like to add? I dont have that much raid experience on my paladin well not as much as on my hunter but that is because ive been 80 when trail of the crusader came out and i started raiding when icc started but i do know every tactic there is, and please feel free to give me some tips if u have any thank you.

madpall

Back to top Go down

[Trial] madpall holy paladin Empty Re: [Trial] madpall holy paladin

Post  Stylez Tue Jun 08 2010, 13:00

Hello there.

I'm just going to go straight into your character and ignore some flaws in the app.

First, your meta gem, you are using the SP/+2% int meta, please explain. Insightful is the optimal meta as you can just use a nightmare tear for it and stack int in every other socket. The tear usually goes in the helm for the 9 sp bonus that most helms have and int in everything else. The mana gain also works at a somewhat decent amount of static mp5, the exact amount escapes me right now. The other gems are fine aside from the sp/int used to activate the wrong meta.

Enchants in general are ok except for a few. Why on earth are you using 18 spirit on boots and sp/spirit leg enchant? You should be using sp/stam leg enchant and tuskarr's vitality on boots, spirit holds no use what so ever to holy paladins. The 8% extra movement speed is also extremely valuable on any fight which involves a lot of movement (~80% of ICC). The helm enchant should also be switched to the mp5 one over the crit one.

Onto your gear. I have no idea what you had in trinket/belt/cloak slots etc. However, why did you not prioritize getting 2p T10 (Helm/Shoulders)? The 2p bonus is an insanely good situational cooldown in many different ways. Be it a cooldown for massive tank damage, for your own mana, to use while you plea to reduce the MS effect but keep healing with almost max throughput, the list goes on. Why are you using the furious libram over the heroism holy light libram, which is actually best in slot still?

Your gearing strat is undetailed but seemingly you don't have a full idea of the main stat prio which is: Int -> Haste (Until at around 900-1000 without gemming) -> Mp5 -> Crit -> SP.

Onto your spec. Why the hell did you not pick up Enlightened Judgements, imp LoH and imp RF? I'd very much suggest you use one of these specs - #1 or #2.

Your glyphs are also not optimal. You should be using Beacon and Holy Light instead of Divinity and Flash.

Also, you mentioned you're using mp5 flasks if mana is tight, why? You should be using Flask of Distilled Wisdom (+65 int without mixology) or at least Guru's Elixir (+20 stats) and Elixir of Mighty Thoughts (+45 int) if they aren't available as you're not really anywhere near the mana you need to be able to use something like frost wyrm flasks.

Another thing, I see absolutely 0 keybinds aside from the basic blizz ones, are you clicking? Explain why you aren't using grid also please.

That's pretty much all I can see, might be missing something but yeah.

One other thing, drop herbalism if that's your raiding main, it's absolutely pointless and you'd benefit far from say Engineering, Enchanting, Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting.

Last edited by Hawtilol on Tue Jun 08 2010, 19:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i fail at names)
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

Post  Velcio Tue Jun 08 2010, 14:59

From memory, insightful is worth 75 mp5 or so. Obviously may vary due to cut-off points due to fight lenghts. In any case, it's worth more gems than any other meta. So unless you're gemming full throughput already and not going oom I wouldn't miss it (Allthough paladins are unique in gemming so can't be translated quite so well in terms of throughput vs. regen gemming).

Velcio

Back to top Go down

Post  madpall Tue Jun 08 2010, 19:14

Hello there.
Thank you for replying.
As what i can see is that you are right about the meta gem/enchants wich i will be changing but about the judgement of the pure i have it speccd its 5/5 with me so dont realy know what u ment with that srr.
About my glyphs/libram i know that this is more of use for icc hc's where i havent been in, so for the normal runs 10&25 i'd prefer my pvp libram wich increases my FoL wich is probably the only thing i'm using on those runs and dont have any problems on the healing side, but i do know that on hc runs there will be only Holy lights instead of FoL.
I am grinding for my tier 10 pants so i will gain the set2 when i have aquired it.
About the imp LoH that will be aquired to, but ive been thinking about that imp RF and i was just questioning about the threat that will be made.
And the proffesion herbalism can/will changed to enchanting.
Further about the grid and keybinds ive been used to healing without any addons but as i said that its no problem to get an addon, and the keybinds well as u can see ive placed every spell i could on my blizz keybinds except for my judgement, divine plea and divine sacrifice wich can be set with bartender.
But thank you for your reply and i will be looking further to the things that i need to change.

madpall

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Tue Jun 08 2010, 19:41

He probably meant enlightened judgements. You can't reasonably within 10 yards of bosses all the time in raids, so not having that suggests you're not going to be keeping judgements up as much as you should be.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylez Tue Jun 08 2010, 19:41

I made a fail with the talent name, sorry (edited original post). I meant Enlightened Judgements to make them have a 40 yard range. It's a very much needed talent when you're at range, and you will be in a fair few fights.

Even in normal modes, the librams/glyphs I suggested are still way superior to your current setup. The glyphs especially, the libram maybe not so much, but superior nonetheless.

Why would you go for the T10 legs when your current are better itemized due to your haste being so low? The shoulders, even with 1 less gem are still better for your current setup (and the helm/shoulders are listed in BiS) to boost your haste even further.
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

Post  madpall Tue Jun 08 2010, 20:48

Ive changed the glyphs and gonna change my specc in a sec but i wanted to ask u, ive checkd hawtilol his/her specc and was wondering why not specc the improve devotion aura, because it increases healing by 6%.
About the T10 legs i was gonna change mine with the 264 ones because they have a good upgrade but indeed my haste is stil not high enough so i will be looking to get my shoulders instead of the legs.

madpall

Back to top Go down

Post  Aluneraa Tue Jun 08 2010, 21:55

madpall wrote:Ive changed the glyphs and gonna change my specc in a sec but i wanted to ask u, ive checkd hawtilol his/her specc and was wondering why not specc the improve devotion aura, because it increases healing by 6%.
About the T10 legs i was gonna change mine with the 264 ones because they have a good upgrade but indeed my haste is stil not high enough so i will be looking to get my shoulders instead of the legs.

With regards to the imp devotion aura, i may know the answer to this.. Very Happy

As we use trees in raids [resto druids] who ofcourse use tree of life form, the 6% healing increase from imp dev aura does not stack with tree of life form, so therefore for raids, it really is just a waste of talent points.

Goodluck with the app

Aluneraa

Aluneraa

Back to top Go down

Post  madpall Tue Jun 08 2010, 21:57

Aah kk thank you
Then i'll go and change my specc then Very Happy

madpall

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylez Wed Jun 09 2010, 00:59

Pay no attention to my paladins holy spec, that is purely for LK 25 HC only.

Imp. Devo aura is also something useful to have for extra tank mitigation, but it's first and foremost picked up for the healing bonus, which Luke was right, we do have Tree of Life and if memory serves me right, we have it in the raid anyway.
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

Post  madpall Wed Jun 09 2010, 20:32

hi,
Ok so ill be changing my specc again then and i also have aquired the libram u said.
Ive changed my UI with the bartender addon so now i got a better view at the fight etc. https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot060910192650.jpg/
And ive also downloaded grid, still need to get a bit used to it but that will come eventually.

madpall

Back to top Go down

Post  Feyri Thu Jun 10 2010, 00:01

You clearly are willing to learn and understand the faults of your previous spec and gearing strategy. We like the fact you respond well to criticism and thus willing to offer you a trial.

Contact one of our officers when you're ready to join.

Feyri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down