Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Trial] Nirvanna - Xrealm Fury Warrior

3 posters

Go down

[Trial] Nirvanna - Xrealm Fury Warrior Empty [Trial] Nirvanna - Xrealm Fury Warrior

Post  Nirvanna Mon Jun 14 2010, 22:35

Name(optional): Ran

In-game name: Nirvanna
Class and spec: Fury Warrior
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&cn=Nirvanna

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with?
Yes

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
150 MS, 50+ FPS

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
I am back to playing after few monthes break, and I feel like I am ready for more hardecore raiding. I was looking for a guild that can be proffsional on raiding but still social outside of it, a guild that I can trust I will be able to get LK HC down togther with, and also one stable enough to keep preforming well in cata.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
No.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
My current guild is Unifciation on Terokkar. I have been raiding with those guys for more then year and a half (Unification is a merge between two guilds, allience one and horde one), had a great time and the best progress you could get on Terokkar despite some hard times. However I took a few monthes break due to RL issues and now that I am back too much have changed, the guild is being overflowded with new players and the officers just keep getting more, the current roster is standing on 45 raiders. Alot of my friends left by now, and altough there is still good and nice core in Unification there is also the bad side of lootwhores and voidzones/goo lovers and it doesn't feel like a place on which I can get like minded poeple to raid with.

What previous guilds have you been in?
The Grey Council, It was an allience guild that merged into Unification little bit before the start of ICC.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?
As soon as you wish. I have talked with my guildmaster already, so I don't have any commitments there.

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
No.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
I was toying with elemental shaman alt at 3.0. Was fairly faceroll&boring to play at the time so I havn't realy botherd with it since then, it's still allience.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
I am playing chess and reached more then decent level at it, and I was also playing on sax and harmonic. However my 3 years of mandatory service at the army started about 6 monthes ago, so apart from hanging out with some friends and playing on the computer I don't have energy for much 

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.
I have only started playing seriuosly with the start of WotLK, at what turned out to be the worst server in the world in terms of PvE progress (we gained celestial defender only after ICC, and yogg+0 25 and and Anub 25 HC have only been killed few weeks ago). Even though my expreince is fairly poor I can assure you I always made (and will make) sure to know what I am doing, and backup this knowldge with preformance.

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - done
Malygos 25 - done
Ulduar 10 – done, without yogg+0.
Ulduar 25 – done, without yogg+0. I was just back from my break when my guild killed it, so I wasn't activly raiding.
ToC 10 normal - done
ToGC 10 heroic - done
ToC 25 normal -done
ToGC 25 heroic - 4/5. I was back from my break when my guild killed it, so I wasn't activly raiding.
ICC 10 normal -done.
ICC 10 heroic -marro, LDW, lootship, fester, rotface, BQ.
ICC 25 normal - 11/12. Again, break Sad
ICC 25 heroic – marro, lootship, fester, rotface, BQ.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 Yes
Friday = 19:30-23:30 Yes
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 Yes
Monday = 19:30-22:30 Yes
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 Yes

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs / DXE - I am using DBM.
Omen - Yes.
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Classtimer.
Grid - I never felt any need for it as a dpsr, but I can get it if you feel it's needed.
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?
SexyCooldowns is amazing addon, rangedisplay is nice. I have few UI addons, can't remember them all.

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
I ain't playing on my personal computer right now (and won't be playing on it untill next week). I can probably try to custmize my UI here and get a SS if it's importent.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
Definitely. I always try to squeeze the most out of my character and that includes knowing exactly how the fight work and how I can contribute there the most.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Yes. Guild progress>personal progress, and that mentaility is somthing that I hope to find here.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
I normaly do the daily random and the argent tournament dailys, lately I started paying attention to PvP and I enjoy doing BG's with some friends.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
In every raid I am using flasks of endless rage and +40 ArP food. I normaly don't bother using potions/bombs on non-progress fights, but I can do so if this is the standard at your guild.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
I have started my raiding career as prot, and I was tanking untill the middle of ulduar. We were progressing fairly slowly there, one of the problems being DPS. I felt our dpsrs were not pulling the numbers they should with their gear, and I ended up getting arms set to see what it's all about. I fell in love with the spec, and I kept it on untill the start of ICC. In my opnion arms is one of the more complex dps specs in the game, and it was great fun while it was still viable. Sadly fury outscaled it and once ICC weapons droped my arms spec couldn't compete with my fury spec anymore and I ended up switching.
I have good and ready sets for both arms and fury. My tanking set is probably only good enough for icc 10, but I have more then 220 frost emblems ready to be spent if it's needed.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
First of all, I am using landsoul spraedsheet. It's amazing, and each time I get an upgrade I using it to detremine what is the best gear-set I can make with my currently avialble gear (for that reason I tend to keep old gear pieces). I saw some warriros being puzzled by the agility gear, but as I am sure you guys know agility items are normaly better itemzied even for plate users with the higher number of stat points on them.
Fury - At current gear level, gearing fury is very easy. This spec loves all possible stats, but for my current gear the stats priority will be somthing like:
1. Hit/ArP cap. ArP is actualy pulling slightly ahed of hit/expertise right now, hit is more importent then expertise since dodges still generate rage.
2. Expertise
3. Crit/haste. Crit is stronger then haste (at least at my current gear level), but more often then not the sheer IL of the item is what makes the diffrence.
Arms - Arms is much more "gimmic" gearing then fury, basicly trying to aviod anything is is not hit/ArP/crit. At current gear level expertise is more viable stat, but still not as good.
1. Hit/ArP
2. Crit
3. Expertise
4. Haste.
I wasn't tanking seriously since ulduar so I wasn't cheking gear chioces troughly. Seems like threat isn't realy an issue anymore with MDs being such a strong TPS boost, and aviodence isn't realy worth it when healers just keep spamming the tank anyway - so stamina and armor.
It might be worth to add that while I like min-maxing gear, and pimping charcter with epics is allways nice, I allways felt that gear should be tool for progress and be distrebuited in a way that will benfit guild preformance the most. One of the things I don't like at my current guild is that some poeple hang on every minimal upgrade while it can be much better used by another guild member.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.
Fury: BT>WW>Slam>execute. Some fury warriors are using rend in the free GCDs, I find it more risky then useful in case slam proc is going to happen. I am using landsoul spreadsheet to determine the exact time on which I should use/delay slam in case it will overwrite BT CD a little.

Arms: Rend>MS>OP>Execute>slam. I am using OP before slam since I am runing with expertiseless set, and I wouldn't want to get dodged while Taste for Blood is active. Also, I am trying to use Bladestorm every cooldown but without overwriting Taste for Blood procs - That means poping it only if I was able to lend OP just when TfB proced.

Prot: Shockwave>Shieldslam>Revenge>devastete, while keeping TC up (and demo shout if needed). I normaly use shieldblock each time it's off CD.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
I am reading regulary the warriors forum in EJ, from which I got to know landsoul spreadsheet.

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?
Untill lately I was raiding with BS/JC, both are the most dinamic in the stats they can provide you. Few days ago I switched BS to engineering which seems to scale better once you are able to cap hit/expertise/ArP without thsoe extra 40 points.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
Sadly I havn't been in any serious raid for a while, the most recent log I could get is from an alts run of my guild to which I joined few weeks ago. I have got few gear upgrades since then but nothing major: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fd3wk1mrapvt77ay/
I'm afraid we lacked the 4% physical damage buff for the Stand&nuke fights.

Any additional things you'd like to add?
As I already said, I know my expreince is far from great. However I always strived to preform as best as possible, and what I lack at expreince I will fill up with dedication. If I thought I will hold you guys back, I wouldn't have applied.

Nirvanna

Back to top Go down

[Trial] Nirvanna - Xrealm Fury Warrior Empty Re: [Trial] Nirvanna - Xrealm Fury Warrior

Post  Echò Tue Jun 15 2010, 14:14

Solid application, only thing you could do gearwise is maybe replace your str/crit gem in your Ashen Verdict-ring with a 20 arp gem.

Good luck!

Echò

Back to top Go down

[Trial] Nirvanna - Xrealm Fury Warrior Empty Re: [Trial] Nirvanna - Xrealm Fury Warrior

Post  Nirvanna Tue Jun 15 2010, 14:24

Ho my, this is ingame mistake with gemming since I upgraded my chest piece lately and played with gems a little. Ye, it should be 20 ArP now, so 5 points from the hard cap considering the 40 ArP food.

Thanks!

Nirvanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Feyri Tue Jun 15 2010, 19:46

We've considered your application and decided to go ahead and give you a trial.

Contact any one of the officers whenever you transfer to Anachronos.

Feyri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirvanna Wed Jun 16 2010, 20:33

The paid character transfer is still unavailble, hopefuly I will be able to transfer this night Sad

Nirvanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down