Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Approved Reroll] Failness strikes again.

+4
Brodnbitter
Rhiannon
Squired
Noc
8 posters

Go down

[Approved Reroll] Failness strikes again. Empty [Approved Reroll] Failness strikes again.

Post  Noc Sun Nov 09 2008, 18:47

In-game name: Daerath (known as Deatharon, Nocreath, Failaron, mr. Fail, Lee and whatever ppl came up with).
Class and spec: Arms warrior
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Daerath (armory is still showing me in fury spec with my “old” dps-gear which has improved a lot)

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? This is not really an initial application, it’s more of a re-application as I have thought about switching for a while now, and finally made up my mind. You all know me on my rogue Deatharon as a cookie-cutter combatsword-specced sinister strike spammer on which I really enjoyed raiding with for this long time. But it’s looking grim for rogues after the patch and in wrath. They have made various changes to : 1 make hybrids more viable, 2 people were whining about the pvp balance and 3 : Because rogues were considered doing too much dps in pve scenario’s . Either way, they changed the class and spec that I loved into a bit of a button-spamming joke. My normal rotation actually required some skill and timing, now with the new glyphs and fast energy regain it makes me feel like Eddy from Tekken (you know). Ever since the patch I’ve just started to dislike my rogue and fall back on my fresh 70 warrior. I’ll let you know : I completely found my love for the game back as soon as I specc’d for titan’s grip. It was brutal, you had big hits and great survival against multiple mobs. Then came the day I tried to give arms a go. I just had so much fun and it felt like I just breezed to 70 and beyond. And now, looking at me dinging 70 a bit more than a week ago and to see how the spec works, its still great fun. I have the feeling this isn’t something that’s just a phase, I feel that I can really play this class as a dps (perhaps even tank the odd heroic for ppl at 80) and enjoy it and thereby benefitting the raid a lot more than being a rogue.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
Well, this part is quite obvious, so not bothering writing all your names down ;p As for the vouches : I’ve met a lot of really good players and friends in this guild and seen some go. I hate to say : “Hey, he’ll find me a good player !” so I’ll just leave it to your own to be the judge of that.

What previous guilds have you been in, and why are you planning to/have you left your last guild? Bloodpack was the first ever guild I joined and will most likely be the very last I will join. As I’ve had a blast in the time I’ve played this silly and time-consuming game. Have no other applications running ofc, just making this re-app to make it official 

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
Read previous answer.

Tell us a bit about your history and experiences in WoW. How long have you been playing? Why do you like playing your chosen class and spec? What have you done up to this point in the game?
I have been playing wow for almost 2 years now and don’t regret putting so much (some times too much !) time into this game as I got to met a lot of awesome people and had a lot of laughs. I used to be a warlock, Nocreath, and did almost every heroic and normal on him and cleared KZ / Gruul and the first boss of ZA on him. I totally knew then warlock just wasn’t the class for me and lvl’d my melee alt : the lvl 44 rogue Deatharon. I just completely abandoned Noc and went for the 70 and started gearing on my rogue. I do regret this some times and feel guilty for the troubles others did for him and the gear he got (albeit kinda meh these days – KZ and crafted stuff oO). Now I have raided with my rogue from KZ to all the way to Sunwell (first 2 bosses) and did every heroic and normal there is (ZHE ACHIEVEMENTS, ZHEY LIE !!). The stuff in between is all history which most of you should know. The thing now is though, the guilt is almost unbareable for me, looking at all the gear you guys helped me get and all time I’ve spent on my rogue persueing it. For this fact I just want to say : I’m sorry. I’m sorry for all the gear I got and I’m sorry for all the time you guys spent actually helping me get it. I’m sorry for all the gear that others could have got, or the raidspot as a melee for that fact. Now then, enough of the emoness, back to the positive side. I really feel I can contribute a lot more to a raid as a warrior than a rogue looking at the changes (that will take about 7 months to be bettered by Blizzard, even if they will do so). I just hope you guys can “forgive” me for all this and it’s your own choice to agree or disagree with me and or down vote my choice. I feel this is the right one and you could put me as a non-raider if you’d feel that would be the right “penalty” for being a tard and switching once again (albeit a bit more serious now, looking at all the stuff I did on my rogue).

Raiding

How interested are you in PvE raiding?
Very interested. Wow = raiding, and that won’t ever change. I like the odd pvp days, but if this game wouldn’t have raids, I would have quit a long time ago. The whole feel of downing a new boss after a long (or short !) period of wipes is a great kick and makes you feel like you really accomplished something, although you’re just sitting there, sipping a bottle of water (or whatever) shouting over vent like a madman behind your computer Very Happy

How much experience do you have with PvE content in the game? (e.g. what raids have you taken part in, do you do heroics etc.)
Here we go :
- I have done every old instance at least one time and cleared every pre-tbc instance (ok, maybe it was after tbc came out !) except the last 4 bosses in Naxx and the last 2 bosses in BWL. Also, all outdoor dragons have bit the dust as well !
- I have completed all normal / heroic Outland instances at least once.
- Cleared Karazhan
- Cleared Gruul’s Lair
- Cleared Magtheridon’s Lair
- Cleared Serpentshrine Cavern
- Cleared Tempest Keep
- Cleared Zul’aman (did a lot of successful bear runs and 4-chest ones)
- Cleared Mount Hyjal
- Cleared Black Temple
- Did 2/6 bosses in Sunwell Plateau

The only thing really missing in this list, is the killing of the out-door Outland bosses, but those are so hardcore, huh ! /sarcasm Smile

Are you available during our raid times? Can you make all days or only some?
You all know I almost attend every raid I can, the odd dinner with the fam or other things left aside. The only nights I can’t raid are the Mondays and Wednesdays, but some times I have other days I switched for (very flexible !).

What PvE-related add-ons do you use?- Bigwigs
- Gatherer
- Omen
- Bartender 3
- X-perls
- Bagnon
- Atlas loot
- Button Façade
And that’s about it ! Looking for a good HUD-mod though, so if anyone knows of one  Also, a timer addon for buffs / debuffs on self would come in handy !

We're a fairly social guild, not just logging on for raid times and then disappearing for the rest of the week. How would/do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
You all know I’m an addict like most ppl in this guild who logs on a lot and plays the game like it’s a part of every-day life ! Anyhoe ! I fill my time with mostly usefull things, I’m always doing something in-game. Be it a bit of odd pvp, instances, questing, doing dailies, helping a guildie or gathering mats / herbs to provide for my raiding habits. But besides the obvious things, I can do some weird stuff as well ! Thank you mr. Achievement system !

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, buff food, oils, and ofc repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses?
I have no problems at all having stuff ready for raids and preparing properly. As soon as I get a new piece of gear, I enchant and gem it right away. I do dailies and quests all the time and never go under the 500 gold limit, might I need to spend it on something. Most of you are aware of this fact anyhoe :p ( between lines : thanks for cutting my gems and chanting guys ! )

How do you feel you can benefit our raid setup?
I feel confident as a melee dps, but don’t over-estimate myself. I may joke about how “fucking awesome !!!” I might be, but truth is : I’m very insecure and always afraid to fuck up in some way. That’s why I always read up on fights and study them very well. That’s become a lot less the past few months, so I’m sure I can be a good addition in the melee sector of the raid. Me now being a warrior is even better as I can finally not be “that guy”. You know…. “that guy” that doesn’t bring any utility or usefulness to a raid. The major downside to a rogue has always been for me the fact that we bring zero buffs (the wound poison, expose armor comments from blizzard are shite and that just shows they don’t really know their classes ) and if we die, we’re a waste of a raidspot. Now we’ll prolly die even more (!!!) as the CD on cloak-o-skill has been increased and the fact that they didn’t really think the whole “diminishing returns on dodge” would affect a rogue’s survivability that much, but it very well did ;p. As a warrior I have various ways of breaking certain stuns or fears easily and have thick plate to protect me from “most” physical harm. Not like a warrior is some awesome buffmachine, eau contraire ! But at least I can bring handy debuffs and skills to a raid. Next to that : I have the skill to pick up what a class is about fairly quick and practice on improving my skill every day (as do we all). I read up on forums and other sources in information a lot and I’m not shy to talk to other warriors about certain issues / moves / rotations or asking for help from somebody I think is more experienced.

Additional things to add?
For those who didn’t know. Hi ! My name is Leroy den Dekker and I’m 17 (coming on 18 !) years old and I live in Holland (Heusden, gemeente Heusden to be more precise). I’m currently school-going and doing my 6th year of Gymnasium on the Willem van Oranje College in Waalwijk. I’m doing an artsy education that focuses a lot on history and culture classes. I love movies (I even work at a video store !), games and all types of doodles, paintings and sketches. Big fan of rock and metal music, but I can sing along with most Bloff’s (weird o, cba… Dutch ppl will know !) , Fransie Bouwah and other common music as well !
At the end of typing this, again: sorry for the people who think me being fail (as usual) for doing this, but I don’t want to be some useless addition for a raid spot (NOT SPECCING ASSASSINATION FOR PVE AS ITS BORING AS FHOOK !!! ;O). Will still use my rogue ofc, just not as a raider. Hope you can forgive me and that we can just keep on doing our thing and owning in WotLK. Hope that I can play along with you awesome, and even the less awesome !, ppl for a long time to come.
Regards,

Leroy

Wall of Text hits Deatharon for 99 999 999 Chaos damage. (Critical)
Deatharon dies.
Deatharon cries in raidchat.
Noc
Noc

Back to top Go down

[Approved Reroll] Failness strikes again. Empty Re: [Approved Reroll] Failness strikes again.

Post  Squired Sun Nov 09 2008, 19:30

epic fail tbh
Squired
Squired

Back to top Go down

[Approved Reroll] Failness strikes again. Empty Re: [Approved Reroll] Failness strikes again.

Post  Rhiannon Sun Nov 09 2008, 19:59

Sorry, never heard of you.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Noc Sun Nov 09 2008, 20:01

Fuck you guys, I've put effort in typing this ! :p
Noc
Noc

Back to top Go down

Post  Brodnbitter Sun Nov 09 2008, 20:47

you x-realm or something?
Brodnbitter
Brodnbitter

Back to top Go down

Post  Echò Sun Nov 09 2008, 22:14

Pff, wtf is that kind of gear, what a wannabe-warrior tbh. /sigh

Oh, and if you really want to join a guild, put more effort in your application, good lord!

rabbit

Echò

Back to top Go down

Post  Found Sun Nov 09 2008, 22:52

pff were u bored?
Found
Found

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10 2008, 09:35

i know this guy, rly nice fellow.
can we give him a go.
he having trouble finding a guild because he a retard. cyclops
and i alway's said every guild need his clown lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  ochayethamoo Mon Nov 10 2008, 13:02

I think we should decline this app, his gem delivery service is a little slow ... they should be in his backpack during raids not in the bank ... slacker.

I also happen to know his badger ovaries are neither big, nor hairy and I'm not sure that there is room in the guild for someone with bald, pea-sized badger ovaries.
ochayethamoo
ochayethamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andromalius Mon Nov 10 2008, 13:03

You forgot to mention in your app that UR A TOWELL!
Andromalius
Andromalius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down