Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Windigo, Shadow Priest

3 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Windigo, Shadow Priest Empty [Accepted] Windigo, Shadow Priest

Post  Windigo. Wed Apr 22 2009, 18:27

Personal
Name(optional): Jenny

In-game name: Windigo
Class and spec: Priest Shadow
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Windigo

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? I’m looking for a raiding Guild with a good core of dedicated raiders and Bloodpack seems to be a dedicated guild. Also looking to have a good time and look forward to new challenges during raids.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? Played with Shifthappens in Chains of Promathia a short while.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? Hostile, alot of slacking going on latley, having troubles getting raids groups going and alot of old friends from Chains of Promathia left because of it, so I feel no desire to stay.

What previous guilds have you been in? Dark Secrets, played as Holy Paladin named Eivul during my time there before I decided to leave and re-roll my Priest. Joined Chains of Promathia with my Priest and been there until it recently disbanded because the GM decided to quit. Deliverence, left shortly after cause I wanted to give Hostile a try since alot of old Chains of Promathia members decided to form a new guild.

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? Got one in Lazybones, still no reply, if I get accepted here I will withdraw my application with Lazybones.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? Go out with friends having a good time, watch movies and listen to music, I also draw alot on my spare time.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - No
Onyxia - No
Blackwing Lair - No
Ahn'Qiraj - No

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon – Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye – Cleared, killed Vashj and Kael’thas after the nerf but we struggled alot to make it before the nerf.
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell – Cleared Mount Hyjal up to Archimonde, did some tries on him but no progress. Killed Azgalor after the nerf.
Cleared Black Tempel after the nerf.
Tried Kalecgos in Sunwell but didn’t down him.

Wrath of the Lich King:
Normal Raids – Fully cleared Naxxramas, and OS. Killed Flame Leviathan, Razorscale and XT-002 Deconstructor in Ulduar.

Heroic Raids – Fully cleared Naxxramas, Malygos and OS. Have done Sartharion alone and with 1 and 2 Drakes up, tried 3 Drakes a couple of times.
Killed Flame Leviathan easy mode in Ulduar.

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
Heroic: Subtraction – Defeat Thaddius in Naxxramas on Heroic Difficulty with less than 21 people
Can’t think of any other I want to mention.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is night a where you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Yes
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - None
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? – Dominos and Decursive

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? Yes I am.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? I play on Alts or try to make some Achivements.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? Of course. I use Flask of The Frost Wyrm and Crit Rating food, also bring Mana Potions. I always take more than enough consumables with me.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with the your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it?
I chose to level a Priest cause I thought the Shadow specc looked like alot of fun so I wanted to try it out. I started to love it more and more so I decided to start playing Priest as my main. I’ve tried some healing in Holy specc, still researching about spell rotations cause mine doesn’t seem to work very well. Also tried Discipline a little, doing some PVP with that specc, also tried it in a Ulduar 10-man Raid.
I’m still working on my healing gear, don’t have a full set but if the raid needs me to re-specc I can do it of course but it will be moslty with my Shadow gear on so my mana regen is a bit low for healing atm.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples if so. I mainly use shadowpriest.com, has some tips and ideas on spell rotations. Other than that I read the Forums on mmo-champion.com
I also gladly listen to tips other players have to give me on how to improve.

Any additional things you'd like to add?
I’m a dedicated raider and i’m more than willing to spend time on progress raiding, nothing beats the feeling of downing a new boss after some time of trying. The progress raids are the best thing with raiding to me, and having fun along the way is something I like as well.
I focus 100% during raids, I always listen to the raid leader and do whatever he/she says.
I’m also a bit shy so I might not talk that much at first, takes a little time for me to losen up when I meet new people.

I understand you research on players that apply so thought I would mention two of the officers in Chains of Promathia since it disbanded, if you want to ask them about me.
Slithia
Chickonfire

Not sure I want to add anything more, so thanks for your time.

Windigo.

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Windigo, Shadow Priest Empty Re: [Accepted] Windigo, Shadow Priest

Post  Windigo Wed Apr 22 2009, 18:33

My Armory Link didn't seem to be linked properly, tried copy-paste but didn't seem to work so not sure what I did wrong there

Windigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Wed Apr 22 2009, 18:53

Added in your armory link - unregistered people can't link urls, an anti-spam measure. Thanks for the application, we'll get back to you shortly.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  ochayethamoo Wed Apr 22 2009, 19:03

Nice app.

I have a question though.

As you have applications in with Lazybones and Bloodpack, which is your preferred destination and why?
ochayethamoo
ochayethamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Finde Wed Apr 22 2009, 19:06

I died in-game while reading this application, which is a good thing!
Finde
Finde

Back to top Go down

Post  ochayethamoo Wed Apr 22 2009, 19:13

Finde wrote:I died in-game while reading this application, which is a good thing!

Some things never change ... fire by any chance?
ochayethamoo
ochayethamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Windigo Wed Apr 22 2009, 19:22

Both Guilds seem dedicated and know what they want to get out of raiding, but I feel Bloodpack is more dedictaed to the challenges like hard mode achivements.
What i'm looking for is a Guild dedicated to progress and after progress dedicate themselves to make the hard mode. Since I just don't wanna clear the content and then just farm it every week like my previous guilds, it gets very boring farming the same raid over and over again and not even try to make the achivements, even if the raid is on farm I still want a challenge after it's on farm.
So if have to chose between Bloodpack and Lazybones I have to say Bloodpack, since it feels that you have the same goals as I do when it comes to raiding. Enjoy the progress, after the progress try to make the hard mode while having a good time.

Windigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Finde Wed Apr 22 2009, 19:55

ochayethamoo wrote:
Finde wrote:I died in-game while reading this application, which is a good thing!

Some things never change ... fire by any chance?

Not sure, was alt tabbed reading.

Anyway Windigo, very nice application and we've also decided to give you a trial, please whisper myself (Findecano) or Rhiannon in-game for an invite.
Finde
Finde

Back to top Go down

Post  Windigo Wed Apr 22 2009, 20:21

Okay, thanks Smile I will as soon as i've talked to my GM telling that i'm leaving Hostile and such

Windigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down