Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Withdrawn] Pommo, Warlock application [Cross realm]

4 posters

Go down

[Withdrawn] Pommo, Warlock application [Cross realm] Empty [Withdrawn] Pommo, Warlock application [Cross realm]

Post  Aesza Tue Mar 23 2010, 22:09

All my links to Armory aren't working because of the apostrophe in Al'Akir- it messes up the URL system so please just copy/paste the URL to get to the Armory link.

Personal
Name(optional): Alex

In-game name: Pommo
Class and spec: Warlock, Affliction
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=al'akir&n=pommo

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? Sure am, and forever will be Twisted Evil

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
25 man raiding usually nets 10-100 FPS depending on the intensity of the encounter- its enough though
Latency wise I'm usually around 60ms, no disconnects

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
Having been in guilds both ultra high end and low end raiding, I found I much prefer high end raiding cyclops I'd like to get through all the content Blizzard brings and enjoy it with people who want to progress- its what I enjoy!
I'd like to get stuck into high end raiding again, and Bloodpack offers the best raid times for me, so since yer recruiting some ranged, I thought I'd give it a shot!

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
Noes, unfortunately I don't know anyone on the server, nevermind Bloodpack

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
Eureka: Raiding 4 days a week, which isn't too bad but it seems more of a liability with how things are, also the vent is pretty much reserved for shouting at the trials or members who aren't tip top instead of helping them improve. Sure people that fuck up should stop failing or at a point be replaced but raping them in vent every pull gives me a headache (p.s I haven't been on the receiving end of the rage yet). Not light hearted enough out of raids and never have enough raiders to do progress raids- we just farm stuff.. pretty crap

What previous guilds have you been in?
Reunion : Khadgar Horde [Ulduar, after first few weeks and start of WotlK] Khadgar EU disbanded (Class leader)
Eon : Grim'Batol server #1 Top 50 EU guild at the time [Tier 7 content and start of Ulduar] for around 1 month http://eonguild.powerguild.net/ Grim'Batol EU, disbanded (Class leader)

Convection/Nefandum: Al'Akir, wasn't there long- 1 week- but the disbanded/ stopped raiding 25

Cráb People : Talnivarr Top 25 World at the time, now rank #1 based on raiding achievements [couldn't raid their times so went back to Khadgar Reunion]
http://crabpeople.lolwtf.dk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=957 (the stupid big words and stuff was just an inside joke with one of my friends there who didn't understand much english so pleeze ignore that bull :>.
http://crabpeople.eu/

Reunion: 2nd Horde guild on Khadgar before 25 and 2nd server 1st Horde 10 man, raided hardmode Ulduar 10 (would have the drake if I could stay in the core 10 man raids past 3am but because I only stayed till around 1am, I'm missing some hardmodes, though I do have the hardest ones and 3 hours of tries on Algalon all waaay before the 3.2 patch was released and pre-nerf inc Firefighter. Would have stayed but moving to 25 man hardmode bosses but after downing Yogg first time as a guild, hardmodes were quite a step up and we ended up disbanding. Honestly though, I had a blast there.. Great people, was gutted about disbanding

Eon: At the time rank 52 EU great guild through tier 7 and cleared Ulduar in first week (or second dont remember). Great players, lowest DPS during Naxx gear and time was around 6.5k (me and the warrior, Highsmith were around 8k Patchwerk DPS.. we're whores!) and really sociable people, we never really raided in holidays and some great core players left to guilds like Last Resort (one or two got into Ensidia) so we ended up disbanding because we wouldn't be able to cut hardmodes. Anyway, my laptop got wrecked the day into Ulduar and when I came back it was tits up.

After this I applied to Crab People: http://crabpeople.lolwtf.dk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=957 Some of the big words and technical terms were just a poke at one of the members who didnt understand English well at all so just taking the piss

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?
Weekend
Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
nope

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
Balance Druid, Pomoo (only used him for raiding through ICC 25 content for raid buffs for guild run)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=al'akir&n=pomoo

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
I'm from Yorkshire in England and I'm in lower year at Sixth Form, I like to play WoW, not really any other games (though Fable 1 and Knights of the old republic are awesome games I do turn back to and play them occasionally, love them!) though I don't like my 360/ps3 no more.. I like various sports like biking and tennis in my spare time, mostly I'll just go out, gamble or play WoW and have a laugh with my mates.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
N/A

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Cleared
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - MH/BT Clear, Sunwell only Kalecgos pre nerf

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Clear
Malygos 25 - Clear
Ulduar 10 - Clear
Ulduar 25 - Clear
ToC 10 normal - Clear

ToGC 10 heroic - 4/5
ToC 25 normal - Clear
ToGC 25 heroic - 4/5 [Pomoo]
ICC 10 normal - 11/12
ICC 10 heroic - n/a
ICC 25 normal - 11/12 [Pomoo]
ICC 25 heroic - n/a

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Almost all 10 man Ulduar achievements earned pre nerf- all the harder ones including firefighter pre-nerf Very Happy

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30
Friday = 19:30-23:30
Sunday = 19:30-22:30
Monday = 19:30-22:30
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30

Can attend all, generally but:

As summer approaches, I may have to visit some universities (going to Oxford and Cambridge open days in early July!!!! WOO) so the only thing stopping me are:
University open days (only this year and in summer- probably won't have any progress raids by then)
Exams (June and January, 1 week each.)

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs -
I use DXE which is the same but I prefer it over DBM, can get DBM if needed
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Yep: ForteXorcist
Grid - Yep

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

My UI, the image is from like January so its quite old but to be honest, its almost exactly the same (just on my Warlock). Next raid I do on my Warlock I'll get a UI printscreen and update this post
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img31/9405/wowscrnshot012210192337.jpg no clicking except out of combat things

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
Thats part of the reason I want to join Bloodpack- I'm up for hardmodes and I'd love to get stuck in

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Sure, if its for the best, why not, progress first!

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
Usually if I'm not raiding with my guild, I'll pug with RL mates, do the daily heroic and play around with friends in BGs. Since gold is so easy to acquire now, I generally don't do dailies (bar alchemy transmutes) but I'm always on forums such as MMO/official US ones browsing

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
Flask of the Frost Wyrm, some form of spellpower food and potion of wild magics. I have enough gold to pay for these things without dailies since WotLK made it so much easier to build up gold

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
Affliction spec with Dark pact 56/0/15, self healing and dark pact means much less strain on healers who /spit on me every time I'd cast lifetap
As all the specs are reasonably close to each other DPS wise, I picked what I enjoy the most. If I had much more spell power and the option to stack spell power/spirit I may have run the raid buffing Demonology spec for the raid, but my gears somewhat lacking in that, hence I'm not familiar with Demonology.
I can respec if needed though the only spec I've been playing recently is Affliction

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
Maintain 11% Hit rating as Affliction (14% as Demo) providing a Moonkin/Spriest is present. Then stack Spellpower/Haste over all other stats (SP>Haste) to be honest, crit/spirit are quite poor relative to spellpower and haste and I've never been a fan of crit, since corruption rolls with a huge crit modifier, the value of crit is further lowered, and not all spells can crit.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.

Start with applying the ISB debuff- Shadowbolt followed by a haunt and Unstable affliction. If I'm at max range I'll cast CoA, otherwise, if SB hits fast enough, I'll get my corruption up and running (I'll usually have a trinket proc, potion of wild magic and tricks of the trade before I apply corruption, since the critical strike and % damage modifies roll till corruption falls). I'll then ensure I keep my dots up and apply haunt before the debuff falls but as late as possible (if haunt is off cooldown but theres say ~4 seconds left and I'm close to the (a) boss I'll cast shadowbolt or DP before casting haunt since haunt has a lower DPCT than SB). Replacing SB with Drain Soul below 25% and re-doing the corruption at 35% if trinket is off cooldown and tricks is available.

Generally, if I cast any instant cast, I'll strafe to another position- ensuring every instant used I take advantage and get closer to the optimal position so I minimise future movement, death coiling/using any instant I can when having to move and avoiding using Dark Pact during trinket procs or powerups

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
I browse ElitistJerks now and again for my class and spec (I go on tonnes of WoW sites but not for my class specifically). I tend to work things out myself, if there are changes on the PTR, I'm usually on the PTR testing and fiddling about with how I play- I prefer to do things myself, only if I'm not sure and don't want to do loads of maths calculations will I refer to EJ or MMO. I don't want to be spoon fed all of this

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?

Both give ~46 spellpower which is the same as most other crafting professions- decent raiding benefits

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
Unfortunately, I PuG all the content on my Warlock so I don't have one. I know my gears not optimal (far from) but I assure you my damage relative to my gear is decent, I've raided with some of the best players in the world and I know what to do with my class and how to get out of red shit that hurts cheers

Any additional things you'd like to add?

I'd like to get back to raiding high end, I know I haven't really been tip-top gear wise since Ulduar, but gear can easily be upgraded, I assure you as a person I'm a good player and a decent person to have in any guild. Cheers for reading the wall

Aesza

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn] Pommo, Warlock application [Cross realm] Empty Re: [Withdrawn] Pommo, Warlock application [Cross realm]

Post  Echò Wed Mar 24 2010, 11:43

Aesza wrote:Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs -
I use DXE which is the same but I prefer it over DBM, can get DBM if needed
Slack officers, that should be changed, we're pretty much required to use DXE now.
Nice application, good luck Smile

Echò

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn] Pommo, Warlock application [Cross realm] Empty Re: [Withdrawn] Pommo, Warlock application [Cross realm]

Post  Brodnbitter Wed Mar 24 2010, 20:05

high 5 for sixth form brah \o/

nice app, gl!
Brodnbitter
Brodnbitter

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Wed Mar 24 2010, 21:05

Impressive application, we'll get back to you shortly.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Thu Mar 25 2010, 11:13

As you mentioned, your gear is a little dated in some slots, but nothing that's beyond fixing. We're going to go ahead and give you a trial.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Fri Mar 26 2010, 21:01

Locked this by mistake, but haven't heard anything from you. Still interested?

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Aesza Sat Mar 27 2010, 00:22

update: Bit of an issue with the transfer fee and my cards, will try sort asap or use a friends card. Not sure how long this will take Sad

Will keep updating

Aesza

Back to top Go down

Post  Aesza Sun Mar 28 2010, 22:09

Sorry but this is stupid, I'm not able to make a transfer due to payment issues. Going to have to withdraw Sad terribly sorry for wasting yer time..... Good luck on the last few hard modes.

Aesza

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Wed Mar 31 2010, 18:45

Er, somehow missed your last reply, thanks anyway.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down