Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Trial ended] X-Realm Warlock

+2
Echò
Terrare
6 posters

Go down

[Trial ended] X-Realm Warlock Empty [Trial ended] X-Realm Warlock

Post  Terrare Sun Sep 06 2009, 12:05

Personal
Name(optional): Michael

In-game name: Terrare
Class and spec: Warlock, Destruction

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&n=Terrare

I'll also post some raw stats here in case armory is down:

(Assuming Fel Armor and Firestone are up as well as having Blood Pact via my Imp)

Hit points: 19346
Mana: 18268
Spellpower: 2591
Crit: 20.17%
Hit: 14.07%
Haste: 15.98%

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?

Framerate usually sits at around 45 - 60 and latency is at around 350ms - 400ms. The latter will be dropping on Monday/Tuesday as I'm going from a 1MB line to an 8MB line.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?

I want to apply to an active raiding guild that I can see progression in while still enjoying the game and having fun. I'm looking for a guild with a good social structure and a thick skin and I believe Bloodpack will offer that to me. I'm a friendly person and would like to be within a friendly environment.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?

I'm X-Realm so nope.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?

I was up until today in Nightshift as trial. They tend to raid from 19:00 onwards, with invites rolling out from 18:45, until late in the evening and due to work I was either late or just in time to raids and thus was not usually prepared enough for them. If I had to risk staying at work for 10/15 minutes to finish up some stuff I would usually be late for their raids hence my decision to leave.

What previous guilds have you been in?

All of these guilds are on Dunemaul. I moved to Karazhan to trial with Nightshift.

Burning Crusade

Ikari: IRL friend formed the guild and we progressed through Kara in it.

Blood Legacy: Ikari merged with Blood Legacy to progress through Gruul, Maggy and SSC. Blood Legacy eventually dissolved due to several high ranked players leaving for more established guilds.

Equilibrium: Joined Equilibrium to progress through TK, SSC and MH. Was present at the guild's first Vashj and Kael kills. Left because EQ sort of had a very tight core and everyone else was just extra baggage to get the job down. Had almost no friends in the guild and got bored of just raiding for purple pixels.

Rigor Mortis: Joined Rigor Mortis on the advice of a friend. Got fed up and left after constantly being replaced for one of the officer's friends despite the guy being a terrible player and shitty person. Progressed up to Fel Myst with Rigor.

Wrath of the Lich King

Ikari: Reformed Ikari with friends I had met during my stays in other guilds. Served as a DPS officer here and was part of the very core of the guild. We progressed very well through Naxx and Malygos. 3 of our members were head-hunted by better/more progressed guilds which stunted our Sarth 3D attempts. After recruiting quite fiercely we downed Sarth 3D. Ulduar came and proved quite challenging. As Ulduar released I was demoted to hard core raider due to inner conflicts with 2 of the guild's other officers. DPS suffered because no one looked after it and due to lack of progress a few of our members left. At this point the 2 officers I previously fought with decided they would gut the guild and join a better one. They took all the good players we had and left for Ravenous in exchange for being granted officer positions. By virtue of my skills I was asked to come along as they wanted the best players to be taken and the trash to be left behind.

Ravenous: Joined Rav along with other "good" Ikari players. Raided for a bit but eventually got fed-up with the still unresolved inner conflicts and the whole fact that they essentially killed Ikari because they wanted more purple pixels. Went heavily inactive while taking a break from WoW, to try get away from all the drama and hate going around after the split, and was thus kicked.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?

As soon as possible.

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?

Nope, I only apply to one guild at a time, think it's a tad rude to apply to multiple guilds simultaneously.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?

I have a level 80 druid alliance side on Sylvanas. He was made to be a super amazing feral PvP god. Then they nerfed mah mangle =[

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&n=Bawksy

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?

I like to study a lot so busy doing whatever certifications I can at the moment. Will be finishing my degree up next year. Aside from studying I like to give myself Alcohol Poisoning whenever possible(I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics wanna quit, I don't). I also like heading to the movies as often as possible either with friends or my ball'n'chain(Girlfriend).

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - N/A
Onyxia - N/A
Blackwing Lair - N/A
Ahn'Qiraj - N/A

Only started raiding after TBC was launched so nope, no experience before then.

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Clear. Even got timed done on ZA for the War Bear.
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Clear. Served as the FR tank for Leo.
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Cleared MH and BT. Served as the caster tank at Illidan. 2/6 SWP. Saw up until Fel Myst pre-3.0.2

Wrath of the Lich King:
Normal Raids - Naxx/Malygos/Sarth (No Drakes) and 10/14 Ulduar
Heroic Raids - Naxx/Malygos/Sarth (3D) and 9/14 Ulduar

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Nothing I feel is that special.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Y
Omen - Y
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Y. I use Forte Xorcist as my DoTimer.
Grid - N
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?
Nope

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

http://img17.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i931449_wowscrnshot-082309-225845.jpg

I understand thats in UC but nothing much changes. Forte Xorcist C/D tracker rolls off abilities as the come off C/D and the Dotimer grows vertically as I apply more DoTs to targets.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?

Absolutely. Hard Modes are what make raiding fun and interesting. I enjoy the challenge and the sense of fulfillment when a hard mode is taken down. I remember people going chimp the night Ikari downed Sarth 3D. I like that feeling.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?

Yes. I have no problem with doing it as long as it benefits the guild to do so. You raid as a guild not as a single person. If my standing out or subbing me for someone else will push the guild's progress forward then I have no problem sitting out.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?

I generally do dailies or BG a lot. I like to PvP quite a bit and so I'll usually be found in a BG.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?

Jewel Crafting is a real money maker so I have no gold issues. I generally use Flask of the Frost Wyrm, Haste pots and I do carry around HP pots in case we run into a healing intensive encounter.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?

I've chosen Destruction (0/13/58) as it's still ranked as the best warlock dps spec. This might change of course as simulcraft runs are still mainly using T8 BiS gear and haven't factored in T9 yet. I would be more than willing to change if needed however and I do have Dual-Spec.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples if so.

Yes I do. The most well known of all WoW theory-crafting sites EJ is visited by me daily to follow my class extensively. I also use the warlock dps spreadsheet although that lazy tard needs to update it. Aside from that I follow mmo-champion for news related to WoW. As you may have picked up earlier I also follow simulcraft quite extensively although after looking at the API I have a few doubts as to it's accuracy.

What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids?

Enchanting/Jewelcrafting. They prof only gems and enchants are probably the best overall for a DPS caster hence why I've chosen them. Also as mentioned earlier JC is a great gold maker hence it helps me keep supplied with gems/enchants and consumables.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.

As you'll have seen under my Previous Guilds listing I do not really have access to any recent WWS parses. However I would be more than willing to run a 5man HC or a 10man when i port across for you to gauge my DPS'ing ability.

Any additional things you'd like to add?

Nope, nothing.

Terrare

Back to top Go down

[Trial ended] X-Realm Warlock Empty Re: [Trial ended] X-Realm Warlock

Post  Echò Sun Sep 06 2009, 12:34

Very nice application, good luck!

Echò

Back to top Go down

Post  Badangel Sun Sep 06 2009, 16:24

hiya, nice application Smile. just a couple of questions

whats your dps rotation?
why do you have glyph of lifetap when you have a clear improved imp spec and would benefit more from glyph of imp esp with the new tier set? Very Happy
and ARE YOU A CLICKER?
Badangel
Badangel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Sun Sep 06 2009, 17:36

Thanks for the application, it was an interesting read.

As far as Badangel's assertion that glyph of imp is better than glyph of lifetap, I find that very hard to believe just looking through a parse of one of our raids and skimming EJ, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Badangel Sun Sep 06 2009, 17:45

but then again he has leech which means he rly shouldnt have a huge need 2 tap, which makes him waste global cds on keeping it up
Badangel
Badangel

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrare Sun Sep 06 2009, 18:23

Hey there

DPS Rotation

CoE if no Balance Druid or Unholy DK is present and if the other locks are not providing CoE.

If we have the 13 % damage debuff, I use Curse of Doom while the boss' has more than a minute to live Curse of Agony is used. Generally it then follows as Immolate, Conflag, Chaosbolt then Incinerate to fill. Chaosbolt and Conflag are used as they come off C/D and Immolate is renewed as soon as it falls off. Incinerate is the filler. Whenever I encounter a time where immolate has <= 1.5sec left on the target I generally pump an extra incinerate out. With the nerf to Fire and Brimestone there is no point clipping immolate.

About Glyph of Lifetap, I'm also certain that even with ISL I'll be tapping at least once within the 40sec window the glyph provides. Thus I believe that I will be gaining more keeping it up without the loss of GCDs. Due to the buff in effect just keeping itself up I'd rather take 80 - 100 spellpower gain over all my spells than a 10% damage gain to the DoT portion of immolate.

The question was raised on EJ and the latest Simulcraft proves it does better DPS using the Glyph of Lifetap than Immolate.

Code:

Player=Warlock_T8_00_13_58 (destruction)  DPS=8299.4 (Error=+/-2.5 Range=+/-718)  DPR=25.7  RS=322.6/257.4  (mana)
  Origin: http://profiler.wowhead.com/?profile=13002350
  Race: undead
  Core Stats:  strength=68(10)  agility=75(10)  stamina=1108(946)  intellect=1042(885)  spirit=540(369)  health=18390  mana=19666
  Spell Stats:  power=2395(2395)  hit=13.80%(362)  crit=24.12%(604)  penetration=0(0)  haste=15.56%(510)  mp5=0
  Attack Stats  power=64(0)  hit=11.04%(362)  crit=17.26%(604)  expertise=0.00%(0)  penetration=0.00%(0)  haste=15.56%(510)
  Defense Stats:  armor=2138(1988)
  Glyphs: conflagrate/incinerate/life_tap
  Actions:
    chaos_bolt    Count= 20.1|15.0sec  DPE= 12544|10%  DPET=  9021  DPR=  51.8  pDPS= 843  Miss=0.2%  Hit=7705  Crit=16110|20236|57.8%
    conflagrate    Count= 27.6|10.9sec  DPE= 11895|13%  DPET=  9511  DPR=  21.4  pDPS=1096  Miss=0.2%  Hit=6751  Crit=14121|17440|70.0%
    curse_of_doom  Count=  4.0|60.8sec  DPE= 16889| 3%  DPET= 13341  DPR=  29.2  pDPS= 226  Miss=0.1%  TickCount=4  Tick=16926
    immolate      Count= 19.3|15.7sec  DPE= 13229|10%  DPET= 12047  DPR=  22.5  pDPS= 851  Miss=0.0%  Hit=2560  Crit= 5341| 6539|53.5%  TickCount=94  Tick=1879
    incinerate    Count=129.5| 2.3sec  DPE= 10556|55%  DPET=  6817  DPR=  21.8  pDPS=4562  Miss=0.2%  Hit=6368  Crit=13295|16692|60.6%
  imp  (DPS=723.4)
    fire_bolt      Count=155.4| 1.9sec  DPE=  1392| 9%  DPET=  723  DPR=  7.7  pDPS= 722  Miss=0.2%  Hit=1241  Crit= 1863| 2230|24.7%
  Constant Buffs: arcane_brilliance/divine_spirit/fel_armor/fortitude/mark_of_the_wild
  Dynamic Buffs:
    backdraft                      : start=27.5  refresh=0.0    interval= 11.0|11.0  uptime=46%  benefit=43%
    bloodlust                      : start=1.0  refresh=0.0    interval=  0.0|0.0    uptime=13%
    demonic_pact                    : start=2.4  refresh=86.8  interval=105.7|3.3    uptime=98%  benefit=98%
    empowered_imp                  : start=37.7  refresh=0.7    interval=  7.8|7.6    uptime=12%  benefit=19%
    flare_of_the_heavens            : start=5.3  refresh=0.0    interval= 58.8|58.8  uptime=18%  trigger=10%
    illustration_of_the_dragon_soul : start=1.0  refresh=199.1  interval=  0.0|1.5    uptime=100%
    life_tap_glyph                  : start=7.4  refresh=0.8    interval= 40.8|39.4  uptime=98%  benefit=98%
    lightweave_embroidery          : start=5.0  refresh=0.0    interval= 63.7|63.7  uptime=25%  trigger=35%
    pyroclasm                      : start=19.3  refresh=0.0    interval= 15.4|15.4  uptime=63%  benefit=50%
  Up-Times:
    99.2% : replenishment               
  Procs:
    70.9 |  4.19sec : judgement_of_wisdom
      8.2 |  39.41sec : life_tap
  Gains:
    6520.2 : blessing_of_wisdom
    21272.7 : initial_mana     
    5467.3 : judgement_of_wisdom
    26780.8 : life_tap            (overflow=12.2%)
    13771.1 : replenishment     
    24572.2 : soul_leech       

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/SampleOutputPTR
http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/SampleOutputPTR_Details

About the set bonus. I don't think it will influence the DPS either way. Simulcraft uses 4 piece T8 currently. The 4 Piece T9 set bonus confers the same % boost to Immolate as the 2 piece T8 set bonus. With the sim using T8 and having access to that specific bonus and still choosing Lifetap over Immolate I'd wager Lifetap to be the superior glyph.

Also something I think is worth mentioning, Immolate's DoT in itself isn't that huge a portion of a warlock's DPS anyway. As destruction Immolate(Both the Dot and DD) makes up somewhere between 20% and 25% of your DPS. Even if the DoT were 60% of Immolate's damage, which isn't technically that accurate, it would still only be enhancing roughly 12% - 15% of your total DPS by a small margin. Glyph of Lifetap is a flat bonus to all your spells, Incinerate, Immolate, Conflag, Chaosbolt and CoA/CoD and proves better IMO.

Bindings

Bindings as Follows:

1 - 3: Curses, Elements, Agony, Doom respectively.

4: Corruption.

5: Rain of Fire.

6: Drain Soul.

7. Drain Life.

E. Immolate.

Q. Lifetap

C. Conflag

X. Chaosbolt

Side Mouse Button. Incinerate

R. Fear

T. Soul Shatter

Z. Banish

F1. Deathcoil

F2. Demonic Circle Teleport

F3. Demonic Circle Summon

F4. Healthstone

And nope I'm not a clicker.

Last edited by Terrare on Sun Sep 06 2009, 18:30; edited 1 time in total

Terrare

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Sun Sep 06 2009, 18:26

Her question was LT vs Imp rather than Immolate Wink I'm sure you'll be able to dig up numbers for that as well though.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrare Sun Sep 06 2009, 18:42

Whoops, thought you guys were referring to imp SL.

The Imp glyph has and never was worth more DPS than Incinerate, Immolate or Conflag. Even with the additional chance to crit and improved +hit mechanics on pets it's not really worth it. If we look at a current Simulcraft run the imp accounts for 723 DPS. The glyph will improve that by 20% so we get a DPS increase of 144.6. Not worth 100 spellpower IMO. Even with it critting more often I doubt it will improve that substantially.

EDIT: Napkin Maths Time

Okay so we've established the gain of the Imp Glyph, lets look at the 100 spellpower gain on Incinerate using it's co-efficient. The set bonus won't really matter IMO as whether or not you have the set bonus the glyph still increases the Imp's DPS by a set margin.

We'll use the stats simulcraft has listed for locks so we can get a more accurate picture of the relative DPS gain.

Spellpower: 2395
Spirit: 540

Incinerate has 85.69% coefficient. and hits for 582 to 676.

First without the Lifetap Glyph we get:

Incinerate: 5029.2755 - 5123.2755
If we take an average, to make our lives easier: 5076.2755

With the glyph we'd gain 540 * 0.2 = 108 spellpower.

Thus we get...
Incinerate: 5229.8207 - 5323.8207
Average: 5276.8207

Thats a 200 DPS difference just on 1 spell which in itself is already a gain over the Imp glyph. Strictly speaking the DPS gain would be higher due to things like Emberstorm, Fire and Brimstone as well as the incinerate Glyph not to mention the fact that the spellpower gain from the glyph will translate to all spells, not just Incinerate.

Terrare

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Sun Sep 06 2009, 20:04

I love you.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrare Sun Sep 06 2009, 20:08

FAP FAP FAP

Terrare

Back to top Go down

Post  coragio Mon Sep 07 2009, 00:41

give numbers to rhia and he will do anything to get you into his bed.. no i am not kidding!!!! cheers
coragio
coragio

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Sep 07 2009, 11:47

We've decided to offer you a trial. Contact me in-game when you've transferred!

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrare Mon Sep 07 2009, 12:36

w00t, I'll transfer when I get home.

Terrare

Back to top Go down

Post  Finde Mon Sep 07 2009, 14:55

Oh I see how it is...

P.S.

Angel Sucks.