Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[declined]Risinghope - Discipline/Shadow Priest

3 posters

Go down

[declined]Risinghope - Discipline/Shadow Priest Empty [declined]Risinghope - Discipline/Shadow Priest

Post  Risinghope Fri Jun 18 2010, 23:01

Name: Jens

In-game name: RisingHope
Class and spec: Priest - MS: Discipline, OS: Shadow
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Risinghope

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with?
Yes I am.

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
My framerate is in between 40-50. My PC and internet connection is very reliable since I hardly disconnect. During the evening my latency is around 120.. But sometimes it can raise up to 150 depending on where I am.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
I'm applying because I love progression. But there are also other reasons such as learning more about this game and my class. I still believe there are those little things that could make me a better player. And I believe bloodpack has all those tools and experience.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
I only know 1 person, Madpall. He's a RLF.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
I'm in a smaller social guild at the moment. At the beginning I felt ok with being in a social guild.
But now I really want to make progress again and permanently.

What previous guilds have you been in?
I have been a member of Spire. But at the time i had a moment where I had to focus more on my personal life
(and not my WoW-Life:P). So as I couldn't raid anymore I left because I wasn't usefull for that guild anymore.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?
No, I'm born in Anachronos.

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
No, I do not have any other applications with other guilds.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
I have a Death Knight. I only did OS and Naxx and Ulduar with him back in the time.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
I like to go to the gym(although it's been a while).
Besides sports I'm a big fan of Formula1.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic: I started playing WoW at the beginning of Wotlk
Molten Core -
Onyxia -
Blackwing Lair -
Ahn'Qiraj -
Naxxramas -

The Burning Crusade: I started playing WoW at the beginning of Wotlk
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon -
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye -
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell -

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - All the quarters and Sapphiron
Malygos 25 - Never had the chance to get experience there
Ulduar 10 - Untill all keeper except for Mimiron
Ulduar 25 - 4 Bosses at the time.
ToC 10 normal - 5/5
ToGC 10 heroic - 4/5
ToC 25 normal - 3/5
ToGC 25 heroic - 2/5
ICC 10 normal - 5/12
ICC 10 heroic - Nothing yet atm.
ICC 25 normal - 11/12
ICC 25 heroic - Nothing yet atm.

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
I think the most important achievement i have so far is the 11/12 on ICC 25 normal. I even have lot's of attempts on the LK 25man, But yes.. Defile kept me from getting 12/12 ;-).

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Some times a month
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs / DXE - DBM.
Omen - I have it but don't use it that frequently.
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Classtimer.
Grid - I'm currently using Healbot but i'm thinking of gettin Grid soon.
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?
- Recount to check my HPS and the Raid Dps.
- Satrina Buff Frames.

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
Link : https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img338/84/bgui.png

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
I'm more than ever up to that. Progress takes time in my opinion. And i'm willing to do everything to reach a perfection!

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Ofcourse, It's a guild. Working as a team at it's best is what is the most important thing in my opinion.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
That depends really. Atm that would be maxing my 2nd profession since i just started it. If something else it would be making some gold for raiding or doing some research about my class,raids, other peoples experiences etc.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? Yes, I'm not that kind of person that spends money on things that aren't useable for raids. So i'd say 90% of my money goes to raid expenses.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? I have Dual-Spec. I have chosen Priests because I think they are very helpfull in healing or dps. Lately shadow priests are very strong from what i've seen so I believe Priests are perfectly balanced. I also love healing, especially discipline healing! But if needed, I will respecc for the guild.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
To me I like to upgrade my gear with pieces that improve my intellect and Spell Power alot. Those for me are prio.
Besides those stats Crit & spirit are also important. And a little bit of haste (for disc priests) won't hurt.
Atm i'm almost at my 4the piece for my 4set bonus. Those are important to me since the 5% improved shield will help.
Trinkets and rings these days for healer are very very helpful too i believe.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.

Example: The lich king encounter: As a discipline priest I start off with shielding as many people i can just before the fight starts. This should give the whole raid a little advantage to look what's going to happen at any moment. All tanks will be shielded at all times! Prayer of mending to the tank which takes most damage. Unless a other priest Does it with him. Than I would pick The off tank. While into the fight as mentioned I keep tanks shielded and also other people in the raid. Tanks also get Renew at all times! Little things might help.. Other than that I use penance whenever it is ready. And flash heal when penance is on CD. When getting into the phase 2 transition there's alot of things to watch out for as a healer. What I do is use my desperate prayer or binding heal whenever I also get damage. Since the transition is tricky and tanks may drop low I use my Pain suppresion on them. The damage reduction is very helpfull at that stage of the fight. Basicly that's the main thing I do. Shielding as many as I can, Renew on tanks, Penance when i can, flash heal in between and pain suppresion on crucial moments. Extra: Whenever my Power Infusion is ready to be used I always pick of the top dps caster and use it on them. 20% casting speed really helps in my ipinion.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
I frequently search up things at Tankspot. It has everything.. UI guides, class guides, raid guides. It's a very helpful recource to me.

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?
My enchanting is nearly 400 now, so it will give me 46 SP I believe. Which is very helpfull.
I just picked jewelcrafting to get the +39SP gems.. Spell power always helps!

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. I'm sorry, I don't have any.

Any additional things you'd like to add?I'm aware that i'm not 100% to the guilds needs but I will, get those things Asap. I know i should get better feets and that my bracers aren't the best option atm. But i'll keep at it and try hard. What I really wanted to add is that, please , please, If you guys know things that would make my playing better or any tips. I would very much appreciate them! I really want to keep learning and getting experience.

Greetings, Risinghope

Risinghope

Back to top Go down

[declined]Risinghope - Discipline/Shadow Priest Empty My talents.

Post  Risinghope Fri Jun 18 2010, 23:04

Hello again,

I forgot to mention that i will change a little thing in my spec.
I will replace Divine Fury(5/5) for Healing focus (2/2) and improved renew (3/3)

Thank you

Rising

Risinghope

Back to top Go down

[declined]Risinghope - Discipline/Shadow Priest Empty Re: [declined]Risinghope - Discipline/Shadow Priest

Post  madpall Sat Jun 19 2010, 19:41

Yup i know him.
Good friend and good healer too.
drunken

madpall

Back to top Go down

[declined]Risinghope - Discipline/Shadow Priest Empty Re: [declined]Risinghope - Discipline/Shadow Priest

Post  Goblette Mon Jun 21 2010, 02:12

Whats your shadow gear like and how would you feel about being full time shadow?

We havent forgotten about you, just still discussing it Smile

Goblette

Back to top Go down

Post  Risinghope Mon Jun 21 2010, 16:34

Hello,

I was afraid that question would come..
Because at the moment i do not have any icc gear for my shadow spec yet.. Except for my t10 gloves.

Yes i would be up for it to be a fulltime shadowpriest, but then again like it said i'm not geared for it.
Although i'd love to go gear up ofcourse,but that would take some time untill i could match up with
bloodpack's current dps'rs.

Risinghope

Back to top Go down

Post  Goblette Thu Jun 24 2010, 17:28

I'll have to decline this on the basis that it seems Bloodpack will stop raiding 25 mans for the next while at least until some stuff is sorted. Just to not waste your time here.

Thanks again for the patience with this but alot of stuff had to be dealt with.

Goblette

Back to top Go down

Post  Risinghope Thu Jun 24 2010, 17:43

Okis.

Good luck then

Risinghope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down