Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Withdrawn] Sacrolash, 80 mage.

2 posters

Go down

[Withdrawn] Sacrolash, 80 mage. Empty [Withdrawn] Sacrolash, 80 mage.

Post  sacrolash Thu Sep 03 2009, 15:11

Personal
Name(optional):Matt

In-game name:sacrolash
Class and spec:fireball mage
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Sacrolash

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? Whilst raiding, i normally run at 40-50 fps, with no more than 150ms relative. My pc and connection are fully reliable whilst raiding on anachronos

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? this week, blizzard have opened up faction transfers. this widens the guilds that are available to dedicated players. on anachronos, the alliance side is very very full of mages. from looking at your site, you are looking for a geared skilled mage. i hope i can provide this, and show my commitment by transferring my faction to do so.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? not currently, for obvious reasons.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? , anachronos EU. after joining royal about 2 months ago, it is with a heavy heart i must leave, as the reasons for leaving are based solely around one player. unfortunately the player in question is the GM. it is not promoting a positive guild atmosphere when the GM is the most drama prone person in the guild. early calling of wipes, favoritism and a tendency to shout when unnecessary and confused priorities arent fun.

What previous guilds have you been in?

apart from royal, i have been in 2 guilds. firstly, was on the alliance side of anachronos. during my time with them, i experienced guild first kills on os2, os3 and malygos 25man. as a 10man group we were also 6 minute malygos away from 10man glory of the raider.

about 2 weeks after patch 3.1 went live, i received an offer to go and raid on the darksorrow server, with a guild named . saints were at a much higher progression, and also were a guild with a much more hardcore attitude than CR, something i enjoy whilst raiding. however, upon joining i was made aware that guild numbers were very low, and that a guild merge was in the works, with , the second ranked alliance guild. the merge formed , but also left me raid-less, as a trial i wasn't taken to the merge due to both guilds bringing similarly geared member and officer rank mages.

after being left raidless, i started raiding on my warrior, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Secutor with on the alliance side whilst waiting for the cooldown on char transfer to finish for my mage. i looked around for a guild, but really didn't find anything i think suited me, and so decided to come back to anchronos to play with some friends, which led me to raiding with royal these past 2 months.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? as soon as faction transfers go live in the EU(am expecting this week)

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? i will be honest and tell you, i have also applied to cold logic, anachronos EU. due to both you and them being in need of mages. honesty is better than being an ass.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? secutor, anachronos EU(armory above) raided in ulduar 25somewhat, but not that much. my mage is my main, always will be.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?CS:S, TF2, swimming and running. i'm a gaming junkie, but like to keep fit too.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

i started playing world of warcraft about a month and a half before 3.0 hit, so tbc and vanilla raiding xp dosent apply to me, unfortunately. heck, from talking to people who actually experienced it, sunwell sounds like the best thing that ever happened to this game, and its a shame in my opinion i missed it.

Wrath of the Lich King:
Normal Raids -10man glory of the ulduar raider, pre 3.2 firefighter kill. unfortunately do to unavoidable circumstances, my actual yogg one light kill came 1 day after 3.2 hit.
10man glory of the raider-6 minute malygos completed pre 3.1 malygos finished off much later, cause no-one ever goes to that stupidly designed raid encounter anymore.
algalon-38% best attempt.
t9- all content (anub to come tonight) killed on normal 10man. several of the more weird achievements complete. as of writing this, i have not experienced the heroic version.
Heroic Raids - guild first kills of 3d, malygos with CR. all t7 content cleared.
t8>all normal content clear, first yogg kill 2/6/09. heartbreaker, orbit-uary and crazy cat lady clear in my 25man glory.
t9- all content except anub clear on normal. several strange achievements complete.

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
as mentioned above, t8 10man glory of the ulduar raider. as a side note, firefighter is the most fun i have ever had in a riad encounter.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs -bigwigs. it is clearer, and dosent patronise you, expecting you to know simple things such as not standing in fire. it tells you what you need to knwo, and gives very good warnings.
Omen - of course.
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - scorchio and quartz for castbars.
Grid - yes. it allows you to configure buff and debuff displays, and is very usefull for awareness of your raids status.
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? oRA2. imho this is a vital addon. so much administrative power, and acts as a conduit for information for your raid leaders.

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
[url]https://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/bestiari/?action=view¤t=WoWScrnShot_090209_221328.jpg[/url]
not that good, dosent show bigwigs, quartz or debuff frames. will try to get a better one tonight.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
simply, yes. i don't see why casual players cant experience the content>after all, they are the majority. but for us who enjoy challenging ourselves through this game, hard modes offer almost a whole new level of content. i have personally, as stated above, put the time and effort into wiping for HM encounters in t7 and t8, and am ready to do it again for t9.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? yes. mage dps was imo lacking in ulduar, regardless of how good a player you are. its getting better, but if you need 17 warlocks (hi, yogg+0) im ready to sit. after all, its a guild progression, not just me.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? dalies, farming honor in BGs for epic gems, and messing about with some arena.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?

my pve professions are engineering and alchemy. i rerolled engineering based on a post kyth made about the benefits to FB mages, and ive never looked back. the glove and boot enchants are OP currently, and i wouldnt change it for the world. my second profession is alchemy, this allows me to keep stocked with frost wyrm flasks, haste pots (for fire and arcane) and wild magic(for FFB/frost) potions. however, it also gives me the crazy alchemist potion, which is OP for mages currently, as a mage with no resources is dead weight, and the alchemist pots are very good. the only thing i would consider changing is alchemy for tailoring, but the synergy is lost with engineering, as the engineering cloak enchant also gives SP, so its not currently feasable.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
i am dualspecced, Fireball is my primary spec, the other is flexible. when coming to a raid, i will have 2 viable pve specs available.

i play a fireball mage. the core of this spec is a highly powerfull nuke, with 2 dots.the spec is amplified by spellpower, followed by haste. unlike frostfire, haste is much more important as fireball is the most powerfull single nuke in the game, and outstrips pyroblast by far. in fact, a hot streak proc whilst my LB is falling of is detrimental, as LB is the higher DPS/DPM spell. i dont take combustion as it is a pointless talent that really needs to be fixed, and take 2/3 master as 2/3 arcane meditation provides more consistent mana regen (remember your spec isnt entirley based on critting, why should your mana regen be?). i use the imp scorch glyph in my gear instead of molten armor, as once your spirit reaches a high enough level, it is more viable to have a fireball glyph than molten if you have to run imp scorch.

arcane. i played arcane through 3.0.8 and loved it. however its nowhere close enough to be competitive as a regular spec currently, and from what im seeing on the PTR, wont be after 3.2.2 once gear begins to scale. such is the beauty of FB once again, the amount it scales with gear. just to show you i understnad the spec, i would use mage armor, AB and arcane missiles glyphs, with a 57/3/11 spec with 4/5 stability, 0/3 focus and 2/3 student. however, i used a modified arcane spec for mimiron hard mode, with 2/3 prismatic cloak, disregard for student of the mind, and 5/5 arcane stability, as we only had 1 pala who had to run fire res aura. mana is nnot an issue in this fight, and arcane is perfect due to the phase like nature of the fight and the short CD evoc.

frostfire. i am confident with frostfire, and i have several items avaiable to use when i play frostfire. most of these substitute crit for hit and haste, without gibbing my spellpower. your rotation is the same as FB, but change FFB for FB. again, i currently use imp scorch glyph due to raid comp. i would run frostfire on freya hard (if i wasnt needed to be the frost mage) hodir hard and yogg saron hard.

frost. i have 2 frost specs. one is a more aoe oriented spec with a high emphasis on snares that would be for freya+3. the other is a pure frost dps spec, for general vezax hard mode. your glyphs as frost would be molten armor, frostbolt, and water elemental. i also would only take 2/3 enduring winter due to replenishment gibbing.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples if so.
i use EJ (manly is one of the smartest mages out there), stratfu (ditto for kyth), rawr, and magegraf. i am also competent in reading a wws or wmo log.

What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids? spoken about above.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
trial 25man last night > http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/945014
algalon the night before(with a really really bad group setup)> [url]http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/942388 [/url]

Any additional things you'd like to add? as you know this is a faction transfer app. my character at the end of it will be a blood elf. as much as id like a troll for berserking, i cant stand looking at a troll all the time. if you would like to contact me to chat, my horde bank alt is named oomlol, i can log her if you give me some notice too.

Last edited by Rhiannon on Sat Sep 05 2009, 23:30; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : dosent seem to be displaying)

sacrolash

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn] Sacrolash, 80 mage. Empty Re: [Withdrawn] Sacrolash, 80 mage.

Post  Rhiannon Thu Sep 03 2009, 15:40

Very nice application, we'll be back to you shortly.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Fri Sep 04 2009, 12:49

Accepted for a trial. As no one's yet sure when exactly faction transfers will become available in Europe, we'll have to play the waiting game to extent, but once your transfer is successful contact me for an invite.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  sacrolash Fri Sep 04 2009, 15:23

thank you for the kind offer of a trial spot. however, i sadly have to decline this, having been offered a spot to raid with cold logic. i wish you all the best in trial and ulduar hard modes, and hope to be able to do some pvp or instances with you in the future.

many thanks, matt

sacrolash

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Fri Sep 04 2009, 15:32

Best of luck then!

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down