Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted for trial] Hotstep - Combat Rogue Application

+2
Andy (Dwerimia)
Hotstep
6 posters

Go down

[Accepted for trial] Hotstep - Combat Rogue Application Empty [Accepted for trial] Hotstep - Combat Rogue Application

Post  Hotstep Sat Sep 19 2009, 22:17

Name(optional): Jason

In-game name: Hotstep
Class and spec: Rogue - Combat swords/axes at the moment.
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Hotstep (Dont know if its updated from my PvP gear yet)

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? Around 30 FPS in a 25 man raid with around 100-150 MS. My internet connection is also pretty stable, get the rare DC but who dosnt Razz.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? Well, my current guild (Almost Skilled) looks like its going to disband and I want to continue raiding end game content and be the best player that I can be and Bloodpack sounds like the type of guild where I can achieve this.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? Styláh, Noktus. May have played with some other members in pugs etc.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? Almost Skilled, like I said above really, looks like its going to dispand and I want to continue raiding end game content.

What previous guilds have you been in? On Anachronos, just Almost Skilled, joined here when I first xferd when the guild was called Deliverance.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? N/A

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? N/A

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? Not on this server ;<

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? I'm a huge football fan and most other sports really, going out with mates, having a good time, all the usual stuff really.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic: Didnt play vanila unfortunately.
Molten Core - N/A
Onyxia - N/A
Blackwing Lair - N/A
Ahn'Qiraj - N/A

The Burning Crusade: I dinged pretty late on in TBC so I probly dont have as much TBC raid experiance as some, although I dont think it makes me any less of a good player.

Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - 5/6 - N/A - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Cleared - N/A
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Cleared - Cleared - Up to twins after the nerf

Wrath of the Lich King:
Normal Raids - Naxx - OS - EoE - Uld - TotC 10 man TotC 25 man - VoA, All cleared.
Heroic Raids - Naxx - OS - EoE - Uld - VoA All cleared.

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about. Pff erm nothing speacial really, all of the Uld 10 HM apart from Firefighter, I love the smell, 1 light

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - DBM
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - RoguePowerBars
Grid - Yes
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice. http://yfrog.com/63wowscrnshot071409193226j (The screenshot is pretty old, when I first set it up hence the lack of keybinds)

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? Ofcourse, whatever it takes to progress.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? Yeah thats no problem, if a certain raid comp is needed to get the boss down then im happy to sit out to see the guild progress.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? Eat, sleep, rinse and repeat.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? Yes ofcourse, thats what dailies are for Razz and Flask of Endles Rage and Blackened Dragonfin if there isnt a fish feast about.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? I have chosen Combat as my main PvE spec because I personally find it the most fun and interesting spec to play and is arguably the best PvE DPS spec for a Rogue although Mutilate is just as good, and yes I have dual spec.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples if so. I try not to rely on other peoples theorycrafting to much but I do read the EJ forums and various other Rogue forums to keep upto speed with anything I may have missed.

What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids? Leatherworking and Enchanting, LW for the wrist patch and Enchanting for the ring chants and so I dont have to hunt around for an enchanter all day when I need one.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. Nothing recent (Havnt raided for a few weeks in Almost Skilled because of the whole situation there.)

Any additional things you'd like to add? Im a nice friendly guy who likes to have a laugh and get the most out of my time spent playing WoW (which is probly to much time tbh.)

Hotstep

Back to top Go down

[Accepted for trial] Hotstep - Combat Rogue Application Empty Re: [Accepted for trial] Hotstep - Combat Rogue Application

Post  Andy (Dwerimia) Sat Sep 19 2009, 22:43

Nice application short yet direct answers, btw fare i ask what you were talking about in g/chat on yoru screen shot. Stylah's reply to what ever is goin on looks rather erm lol haha afro
Andy (Dwerimia)
Andy (Dwerimia)

Back to top Go down

[Accepted for trial] Hotstep - Combat Rogue Application Empty Re: [Accepted for trial] Hotstep - Combat Rogue Application

Post  Hotstep Sat Sep 19 2009, 22:47

Rofl I cant even remember tbh, so long ago now D;. I think Styláh was talking about a girl in the UK who got pregnant by an 11 year old boy : / then he turned out not to be the real dad and the other thing was about a guildy not being able to raid because they have to get up at 6 in the morning to go and paint his mums fence rofl.

Hotstep

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy (Dwerimia) Sat Sep 19 2009, 23:14

Hotstep wrote:Rofl I cant even remember tbh, so long ago now D;. I think Styláh was talking about a girl in the UK who got pregnant by an 11 year old boy : / then he turned out not to be the real dad and the other thing was about a guildy not being able to raid because they have to get up at 6 in the morning to go and paint his mums fence rofl.

haha hmm ok thats one of the reasons that i tend to black out guild chat on my screen shots haha
Andy (Dwerimia)
Andy (Dwerimia)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotstep Sat Sep 19 2009, 23:16

Dwerimia wrote:
Hotstep wrote:Rofl I cant even remember tbh, so long ago now D;. I think Styláh was talking about a girl in the UK who got pregnant by an 11 year old boy : / then he turned out not to be the real dad and the other thing was about a guildy not being able to raid because they have to get up at 6 in the morning to go and paint his mums fence rofl.

haha hmm ok thats one of the reasons that i tend to black out guild chat on my screen shots haha

Rofl aye would of been a good idea Razz I blame Styláh for the random topic tho!

Hotstep

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy (Dwerimia) Sat Sep 19 2009, 23:19

Always tbh Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil afro
Andy (Dwerimia)
Andy (Dwerimia)

Back to top Go down

Post  Echò Sun Sep 20 2009, 00:41

I love combat rogues.

Echò

Back to top Go down

Post  Noktus Sun Sep 20 2009, 02:02

Echò wrote:I love combat rogues.

Awww Echó do you not love me anymore??

On topic - raided with Hot a lot and hes awesome.
Noktus
Noktus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotstep Sun Sep 20 2009, 02:06

Noktus wrote:

Thanks Nok <3

Hotstep

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylez Sun Sep 20 2009, 03:30

About time...
Been blagging Hot to app since I joined and even more so since rogue recruitment opened up.
Great player and person and a good friend.
G'luck mate <3
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

Post  Echò Sun Sep 20 2009, 10:45

Noktus wrote:

I said combat. COMBAT. You dont even have a mainhand, so shut up, Muti rogue Sad

Echò

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Sep 21 2009, 03:25

Thanks for the app - we were initially recruiting two rogues when we opened recruitment, as I was under the impression that both our previous rogues would be stopping playing, however this is no longer the case, so we're trying to decide whether we really have room for three rogues in raids. We'll get back to you shortly.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Tue Sep 22 2009, 12:10

I may regret this, especially in the short term with one of our rogues out of action, but long term I don't see a way to accomodate three rogues in an already melee-heavy raiding roster. Best of luck finding a guild.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotstep Tue Sep 22 2009, 12:41

No problem, thanks for considering my application.

Hotstep

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Tue Sep 22 2009, 17:50

Ok, after further consideration I've decided we probably will be able to fit you in after all. So, if you're still interested, we'll give you a trial. Whisper me in-game if you'd like an invite.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down