Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Noktus Level 80 Rogue of Doom

4 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Noktus Level 80 Rogue of Doom Empty [Accepted] Noktus Level 80 Rogue of Doom

Post  Noktus Mon Sep 14 2009, 01:20

Personal
Name(optional): Roger

In-game name: Noktus
Class and spec: Rogue spec is 51/13/7 with a duel spec of 51/7/13
Armory link: Noktus

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? Well my current PC is kinda crappy, raids I probably get about 16 FPS with around 200 latency but in heavy AoE it really struggles. I am getting my laptop back on Monday (14th Sep) which is a better spec but its been sp long since I have used it I cannot remember how it copes, should be significantly better than my PC though. Internet is stable and reliable for the most part but I do live in the sticks and it can be temperamental but only very infrequently.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? I want to be part of a focused raiding team and get some hard modes under my belt and excel at the game.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? Ochayethamoo, Icant and Goblette are people that I have played with and I think would vouch for me. Oh and I know Styláh too.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? I am currently in Almost Skilled. I have loved my time in this guild, I plan to leave because I feel that the main embodiment and soul of the guild is leaving to go play Aion – i.e. Manddi and Praetor and I am not sure how the guild is going to be once they have gone.

What previous guilds have you been in? Ochaye and Icant will be giggling here, there is quite a list lol.

Arise – Azjol Nerub
Tribal Menace – Azjol Nerub
Dark Crusaders – Azjol Nerub
Bovine Intervention – Khadgar
Ordo Templi Draconis – Shadowsong
Reprisal – Anachronos
The Usuaul Suspects – Arathor
Umbrage – Arathor
Exodus – Anachronos
Almost Skilled – Anachronos

Its a lot but I followed raiding progress for a long time rather than being loyal to a particular server.
I am done with jumping around though, we are in a recession after all!!! Plus I have many friends on this server and my ideals have changed a lot.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? N/A

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? No

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? I have a level 80 Tank specced DK who I spent the initial part of Wrath playing her armoury is here

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? Hmmm..... this is a tricky one, I like movies and going to the cinema and the occasional visit into fresh air, aside from that I work in an office.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - All down bar Raggy, the guild I was in did this while I was away
Onyxia - Yes
Blackwing Lair - No
Ahn'Qiraj - No

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Fully cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Fully Cleared
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Fully Cleared, Felmyst onwards was after the 3.0 patch that nerfed everything

Wrath of the Lich King:
Normal Raids - Naxx, EoE, OS, Ulduar and some of ToTC
Heroic Raids - Naxx, OS, Ulduar and all of ToTC - missed EoE as my rogue was not raid ready at the time

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about. On my DK I have Twilight Vanquisher, nothing special on my rogue that stands out

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Currently I use Bigwigs but can switch to DBM if its preferred
Omen - Yes - I likes to win it all the time [Accepted] Noktus Level 80 Rogue of Doom Icon_razz
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - I use OmniCC to watch my CD's and NeedToKnow to watch my main ability durations
Grid - Yes
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? None of any major importance, Dominoes for Bars, Xpearl for UI but considering switching to Pitbull4

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

https://2img.net/h/i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/eldorian/BGScreenie.jpg

The NeedToKnow bars expand on the left of my character.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? Yeah hard modes are whats important in the game now, its what everyone is watching and provides the biggest challenge.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? Certainly, gives me some legal time to get a drink etc.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? Dailies mainly to keep my money up, aside from that I have a baby lock who I am giving some love at the moment.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? Dailies, selling my rotting body, more dailies etc. Consumables are AP flask, and AP food and of course my poisons of which I carry lots.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? Yes, my duel spec is an alternative mutilate spec, blizz only gives me daggers

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples if so. I read a lot of stuff mainly, MMO rogue section, Roguespot and EJ, I did download the muti spreadsheet but I didnt get on with it I had a domestic with my PC when it wouldnt input what I wanted it to.

What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids? I have chosen Leatherworking and Enchanting as my professions, Leatherworking give me the 130AP wrist enchant and Enchanting gives me the ring enchants

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rnP1XCsn883Htq9M/

Any additional things you'd like to add?

Spoke to Rhinnon tonight and mentioned my operation which is going to take place on the 1st October and will put me out of action for at the most 2 weeks but hopefully more likely 1 week only.
Noktus
Noktus

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Noktus Level 80 Rogue of Doom Empty Re: [Accepted] Noktus Level 80 Rogue of Doom

Post  Goblette Mon Sep 14 2009, 01:43

A really nice guy and one of the people i hated leaving when i xferred here from Azjol-Nerub Smile

I didnt really raid that much with Noktus on AN, but we really enjoyed kicking some ass in twink battles in WSG! Very Happy But definately a rogue that knows his stuff.
1 question thou, Would you be willing to spec to combat (or get a combat dualspec) if the weapons dropped for you?

Anyway best of luck with the app and hope to see you here.

Goblette

Goblette

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Noktus Level 80 Rogue of Doom Empty Re: [Accepted] Noktus Level 80 Rogue of Doom

Post  Noktus Mon Sep 14 2009, 01:58

Hi Gob, yeah I would spec combat if I had the weapons for it, just been talking to rhiannon about it and the only combat esque weapon I have is an OH warglaive >_<
Noktus
Noktus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Sep 14 2009, 11:19

We absolutely need a combat rogue due to raid buffs - the 3% crit a mutilate brings is covered by our 2 ret paladins, 1 prot paladin and 1.5 ele shamans already, whereas the only one covering the 4% physical damage buff is an off-spec tank. With this in mind, if you can get any combat main hand at all (even the mace out of toc 5 heroic or some u10 normal weapon) we'd much prefer you to take the personal dps loss and go combat for the sake of raid dps. This'd obviously give you considerably lower personal dps than you're used to with your mutilate gear, is it something you'd be prepared to live with until you got access to equal quality combat weapons?

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Noktus Mon Sep 14 2009, 11:40

Raiding is not just a 1 man battle. Team effort = team gain. I wont be on much tonight as I will be copying the game to my laptop but will see what I can do about getting a weapon for combat.
Noktus
Noktus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy (Dwerimia) Mon Sep 14 2009, 12:24

Noktus wrote:Raiding is not just a 1 man battle. Team effort = team gain.

Nice attitude! cheers
Andy (Dwerimia)
Andy (Dwerimia)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Sep 14 2009, 20:16

Ok, we're going to go ahead and give you a trial, whisper me in-game for an invite.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down