Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Closed] Scaelam (mage)

2 posters

Go down

[Closed] Scaelam (mage) Empty [Closed] Scaelam (mage)

Post  drekmoon Wed Oct 14 2009, 20:48

Personal
Name(optional): D

In-game name: scaelam
Class and spec: i am a mage and im currently deep fire spec
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Scaelam

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?

i ran at about 40fps in 25 mans and normally 100 latency in raids too.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?

Mainly because id like to be raiding alot if i could id raid everything if its on calender im there i stay untill late and i love clearing whole instances in one night and ive heard that this is the guild that can do that Razz.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?

no i only recently come to this server i dont know many people.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?

i have no current guild

What previous guilds have you been in?

erm a whole bunch on my old server youll proberly not know.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?

nope
Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
nope
Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
nope
What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
im a rollerblader
Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic: none
Molten Core - none
Onyxia - new and old cleared 10 and 25 with the more dots achivment on 10 man
Blackwing Lair - none
Ahn'Qiraj - none

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - none
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - none
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Bt cleared

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - cleared with a few achivment extra
Malygos 25 - cleared
Ulduar 10 - mimi hard mode i got to not done but done 4 or 5 hardmodes
Ulduar 25 - all beginning bosses most the keeper tbh i missed ulduar
ToC 10 normal - clear
ToGC 10 heroic - 4/5
ToC 25 normal - clear
ToGC 25 heroic - not attemped

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - dbm yes
Omen - yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - yeh on my cast bar
Grid - no
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?
nope ><
If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
i have no picture it modded a bit but i keep it simple.
With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
o yes this is what i love most doing hardmodes is awsome
Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
if im not needed then that is far enough
How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
college mainly
Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
mainly i take flasks and a few pots generally wild magic
Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
i have dual spec and the main 2 spec you will want for a raid fire and frost so i dont think i would need to respec but yes i can.
What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible. For example, a combat rogue might reply:
well i try to get all stats at and a steady paste like try to get all 3 in one but mainly im going for SP and crit i got tons of haste. for example im trying to use high hit rating trinkets so i can freely move gear around allowing me to gain extra crit or sp my procs are basis just SP and haster but this can raise my dps a bit i am softcapped i need 2% hit extra from something boomkin or shadow priest i prefer boomkin Razz.
"A lot of the tier 9 quality gear has a lot of armor penetration on it. As I've been fortunate enough to obtain an armor pen trinket (mjolnir runestone), I am well within reach of the armor penetration soft-cap. This means that I have enough armor penetration from gear that when my trinket procs, my total armor penetration reaches 100%, thanks to 45% from the trinket proc, and 55% on my gear. So I gem enough ArP to keep myself at this soft cap, and then gem agility in most other sockets, which is worth more DPS after the soft cap. With my current gear, for yellow sockets with worthwhile bonuses I use agility/crit gems, but in the future, with the relatively high crit/low haste on t9 gear, it may well become more worthwhile to use agility/haste gems, especially on encounters that favour double wound poison.

If I were not running a Mjolnir setup, I don't yet have enough ArP from gear that it's worthwhile gemming for ArP, so instead I'd stick to agility unless I gain some more ArP gear."

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.

well my priority is to keep high dos without over aggroing because my cycle is only a few spells normally if i just dont use hotstreak for example i wont over aggro.
Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
um not really i get my advise from ingame
What professions have you chosen on your raiding character? How do they benefit you in raids?
enchanting and JC for all the sp bonuses. ^^
Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
i dont know or have one of these im kinda a addon / webiste noob
Any additional things you'd like to add?
yes i think i would be a great help to the guild i raid long and hard always come prepared i know what im doing with my class and in raid and i really hope you could find an opening in your guild thanks for reading

drekmoon

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Scaelam (mage) Empty Re: [Closed] Scaelam (mage)

Post  Rhiannon Thu Oct 15 2009, 01:35

I may have been hallucinating, but I was almost sure when I checked your armory earlier today you were in Fate, and when I saw you in game just now, you were in Dark Secrets. What's that about?

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Thu Oct 15 2009, 01:44

Talked to Nightblossom, I see you've joined Dark Secrets. Closing app.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down