Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Apocalypto - Warlock

3 posters

Go down

[Declined] Apocalypto - Warlock Empty [Declined] Apocalypto - Warlock

Post  apocalypto Mon Jan 18 2010, 10:17

Personal
Name(optional): Stephen Annicaert

In-game name: Apocalypto (before that neophytez)
Class and spec: Warlock destro
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Apocalypto

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with?

Yes

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
My average frameraids at bossfights is about 35 i think and 60 when we stand still
MS is usually about 30 - 100.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
I'm looking for a good raiding guild again, and i still know some people from a previous guild in Bloodpack.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
People from Rebirth.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
Dark secrets, I'm intending to leave because i want to raid in a more progressive guild.

What previous guilds have you been in?
Ive been in Rebirth for a long time (2007 to when they disbanded), but when they disbanded i got lost and was looking for another guild.
I went to Cold logic then but didnt really find my place there so i transferred to the Maelstrom.
There people where just asses and i didnt like them at all so i quit the game for a while since i was stuck there. When i came back i joined Dark Secrets.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?
Its not

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
No

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
Garnam - my death knight (nothing special)

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
My girlfriend, going to the movies, etc.

Raiding
What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.
60: some MC and onyxia
70: All clear (and pre nerf including sunwell)
80: done naxx and ulduar heroic achievements and TOC heroic up to Anub because after that i
quitted

Classic:
Molten Core - First few bosses
Onyxia - Done
Blackwing Lair - None
Ahn'Qiraj - None

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Done all
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Done all
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Done all (pre nerf)

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Done all (+ hardmodes)
Malygos 25 - Done all (+ hardmode)
Ulduar 10 - Done all (+ most hardmodes)
Ulduar 25 - Done all (+hardmode)
ToC 10 normal - Done all
ToGC 10 heroic - Done al
ToC 25 normal - Done all
ToGC 25 heroic - Done all except anub

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
Glory of the raider
Heroic glory of the raider
Heroic glory of the ulduar raider
Etc.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [N]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Yes
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Not at the moment
Grid - No
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? No

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
Ofcourse

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Yes

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
Dungeons, sell stuff, fishing, wii , playstation, tv etc

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?

Yes

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
Ive been a warlock since the first day, and ofcourse im willing to respect.
Yes i have duel spec.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
Hit cap, spellpower, haste, crit.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.
Dps Cycle : Keep immolate cod chaosbolt and conflagrate on cooldown and use incin as a filler.
Try having as much dps up time as possible while not dying.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
I usually check EJ and Maxdps to check the gear.
Also read worldofraids and mmo for more info.

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?

Enchanting : Ring enchant
Tailoring : Lightweave.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
I dont have one, but i can look up really old ones if you like..

Any additional things you'd like to add?[b]
Know my gear isnt the best anymore but i believe that can be fixed.
I know my stuff which is more important.
Hope i get accepted for a trail. Smile

apocalypto

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Apocalypto - Warlock Empty Re: [Declined] Apocalypto - Warlock

Post  Badangel Mon Jan 18 2010, 13:00

ty for your application, have a few questions thou.
you stated that you read EJ- however both your mainspec and your dualspec is both outdated to 3.3 including one of your glyphs. now why would you chose afflictionspec 53/18 over the current best performing specs 56/00/15 or 55/00/16? also your destruction spec 3/13/55 is less effective than the 00/13/58 but ofc that would depend on your hit and what classes you are used 2 raid with. Your lifetap glyph in 3.3 should be replaced with either a glyph of imp (my personal choice) or the immolate glyph.

what are your thoughts about affli vs destro in 3.3 and if these changes get implemented
"Hopefully this post doesn't get too buried in this thread since it's grown quite a bit since I last posted. Another change we'd like to make for Destruction warlocks concerns Conflagrate. We're looking into doubling the damage-over-time effect to 40% of Conflagrate's total damage, up from 20%."
"Affliction: While some warlocks will no doubt disagree, we think the damage output of Affliction in PvP is pretty good. Therefore, we want a buff that will increase sustained damage after a ramp-up period. The specific change we have in mind is to allow Shadow Embrace to stack up to 3 times for a total of a 15% damage bonus. The current healing debuff would change to 10% per stack.
Destruction: We want to double the damage bonus provided by Empowered Imp." (blue quotes from mmochamp)

last question- whats your affliction rotation and have you ever thought about demo spec?
Badangel
Badangel

Back to top Go down

Post  apocalypto Mon Jan 18 2010, 15:15

I know my affliction spec is outdated, didnt change that yet since i came back. (i'm aware of it)
I use 3/13/55 because i lack a fair amount of hit.
Raid buffs could fix that and i should be able to use 00/13/58 but i would miss frequently and last time i tested 3/13/55 was better for me as 00/13/58. (in raids that is)
Also the glyph needs to be changed i know, was going to do that today or tomorrow. EJ said it was only a minor dps gain so i didnt bother doing it yet since i didnt really have time to do it.. (busy weekend)
Just started raiding and reading up on stuff last week, so not everything is fixed yet.

Since both destro and affliction are getting a buff, i would test both specs myself and make a report on wws to see whats best for me.
Ive been playing destro most of the time now (except for when tbc just came out and in naxx at the start of wotlk) and think you should play the spec you like most and does most dps.
I'm not really a person who just assumes what ej says is the best, i bet most of you don't.
I like to get experience myself with the new specs and then conclude whats the best for me.
EJ is more a guideline.
If these changes get implemented i'd spec both specs as mentioned before and test them on dummys and a few raids then conclude whats the best for me.

Affliction rotation:
Shadow Bolt (5% crit shadow mastery).
Haunt (28% damage boost). and gives 2th shadow embracee.
Unstable Affliction
Corruption
UA
CoA
Or sometimes cast the instant spells first, depends on the fight really.

I did play Demo before some time, but dont like to play that spec.
And since somebody else liked it in my previous guild, i didn't bother.

Is coragio still playing btw?

apocalypto

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Mon Jan 18 2010, 17:09

Thanks for the application, I'm afraid however that we have no room for additional raiders of any class or spec at the moment. Coragio doesn't play any more no, of the former Rebirth players who joined the guild Goblette, Zimira, Screamer and Kknd are the ones still in the guild and playing.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down