Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Thatdeadguy - Warlock

5 posters

Go down

[Declined] Thatdeadguy - Warlock Empty [Declined] Thatdeadguy - Warlock

Post  -Thatdeadguy Thu Jun 03 2010, 02:09

Name(optional): Jack

In-game name: Thatdeadguy
Class and spec: Warlock Destruction / Affliction
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Thatdeadguy

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? Yes.

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? Never Lagged so much in icc10/25 that i've disconected or been killed for that reason.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? I am looking for a friendly guild, thats friendly, but gets serious when raiding.. No messing around with forgetting flasks or reagents.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? I dont think so, I might of.. but without noticing

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? I am currently in Worldstorm, I am planning to leave because a big chunk of the guild left, leaving us with no tanks, and only 2 council members neither of them look like they're planning on attempting to recruit.

What previous guilds have you been in? Pride of the Horde ( Disbanded ) - Worldstorm.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? My character is currently here, I am thinking of moving a tank over ( He is a little undergeared 4.9k GS, but thats because I focus on my warlock and never play him ) hes a Death Knight.

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? No other guild

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? I have a level 80 Deathknight, hes raiding toc10/25, first two bosses of icc10.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? I play alot of sports, but I try not let it get in the way with raiding etc..

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - Raided Classic, never cleared.
Onyxia - Raided Classic, never cleared.
Blackwing Lair - Raided Classic.
Ahn'Qiraj - Raided Classic.
Naxxramas - Raided Classic.
( Added ) - If you cleared it in classic will I have the achivement, I'm pretty sure I cleared some of this.

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - None
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - None
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - None
( Added ) - I stayed Pure PvP in TBC

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Played my Deathknight at the start of WOTLK
Malygos 25 - Played Deathknight at the start of WOTLK
Ulduar 10 - Played my Deathknight - never cleared on it.. Done a few bosses.
Ulduar 25 - Played my Deathknight - Never cleared.
ToC 10 normal - Cleared on my DK - Armory will be at the bottom for DK Aswell.
ToGC 10 heroic - Not attempted.
ToC 25 normal - Cleared.
ToGC 25 heroic - Not attempted.
ICC 10 normal - 7/12 Storming Citadel - Rot + Fester - Dreamwalker.
ICC 10 heroic - Not attempted
ICC 25 normal - 4/12
ICC 25 heroic - Not attempted

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y] Its a yes for now, May become a possibly day.
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Its a possibly day.
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs / DXE - I have DBM.
Omen - I have Omen
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - I have DoTimer.
Grid - I have Healbot but my healer is only level 49 at the minute
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? I have recount

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
[Declined] Thatdeadguy - Warlock A135es

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
Yes

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Yes.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
I level a alt, gear a alt, or grind money ready for repairs + flasks.. and potions.
Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
Flask of the Frost Wrym, Potion of Speed, Runic Mana Potions ( I have Lifetap so they're not used much ) and I bring Fishfeasts sometimes for raid buffs

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? I have chose Destruction as my main raiding spec.. becuase I have go to know the rotation fairly well, and its very affective. Doing alot of damage in short bursts.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
My strategy is to use alot of small cast time spells of trash, but that do alot of damage. such as DoTs ( Curse of Agony )
( Corruption ) then small spells like ( Immolate ) ( Conflagrate ) then ( Chaos Bolt ) finally ( Inncinerate ) spam to the Cooldown to ( Conflagrate ) + ( Choasbolt ) Making sure your ( Immolate ) stays active on the target and you use ( Conflagrate ) as soon as possible for quickier casting.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.
Well, Doing my job on a encounter like. Saurfang. I would first make sure I have a Demonic Teleport for a quick escape from his adds. then I would start using my rotation, which is listed above. but I would change my DoTs from ( Curse of Agony ) to ( Curse of Elements ) if your thinking why ? It reduces all the targets resistances by a huge 165, while increasing its damage taken by 13%... Increasing everyone DPS. but i'd keep corruption active. then carry on with my normal rotation... but as soon as the adds spawn. I'll try instantly taking them away from the mele dps, by using a quick cast spell such as. Immolate 1.31 second cast... then start my rotation off. or a even quicker method. DoTs. Put Corruption on 1 on the adds, instantly making it target you. then DPS'ing it untill its close enough to do damage. then using your demonic teleport to zip away from it... continuing till its dead. then swapping to the next add if there is any alive if not continuing rotation on the boss.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
I usually go on youtube, as I mostly respond better to videos than I do text. thats why I go to Tankspot for all my tactic updates.
How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one.
I dont think I currently have access. but asoon as I do I will update my application.

Any additional things you'd like to add?
My deathknights armory page
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kor%27gall&cn=Keyboard

-Thatdeadguy

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Thatdeadguy - Warlock Empty Re: [Declined] Thatdeadguy - Warlock

Post  Wiggerlywoo Thu Jun 03 2010, 03:17

ok as its late only going to point out a couple of things Smile for starters your meta gem why not use chaotic skyflare diamond instead of the one your using as the crit would be move valuable then the lesser silence. Also you legs are neither gemmed or enchanted also skinning isnt really a good choice of a proffesion for a main char but im sure one of our locks will have some better ideas for you. Smile

Wiggerlywoo

Back to top Go down

Post  -Thatdeadguy Thu Jun 03 2010, 03:19

Sorry for the legs, the reset was today and I literally got them a few hours ago.. in VoA10 so I haven't had chance to get the required materials for me +SP gems + Enchants, the metagem will be replaced. ( Thanks for the tip ) and as for the skinning, I dont even know why I got it.. I think it was when Artic Fur was worth something so I picked skinning to get some money but then never bothered with it

* Edit *

Metagem... Tick.
Legs Gemmed... Tick
Leg Enchant... Tick

with 7 minutes till server shutdown.

-Thatdeadguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanakthe Thu Jun 03 2010, 12:20

Hey, here a few pointers to help you out in the right direction:

Your gemming isn't optimal for maximizing your DPS. A pure Crit gem isn't as good as you think. A pure SP gem would be better or even a 12 SP / 10 Spirit gem would be better to get the socket bonus. If you convert SP to DPS, every 1 SP outweighs every 1 Crit by a large margin. Your legs have two Blue gems in them while one of the sockets is yellow, which is perfect for a 12 SP / 10 Haste gem. And you'd also get the socket bonus which is good. Your headpiece has a pure SP gem in it. A blue gem like the one in your legs would fit better there, as the socket bonus is very nice. And you will still have the meta activated.

Your legs also have the +50 SP and +30 stamina enchant. The other version with +20 spirit instead of the stamina is better for us warlocks as we benefit of spirit. +30 stamina won't save your ass if you're standing in something that will kill you, or overaggro and get one shot. Your boot enchant is also not optimal for a PvE environment. Tuskarr's Vitality is way better because of the minor run speed increase. Getting out of void zones, green/red/purple/turquoise fire faster DOES save your life.

Your shoulder enchant is not done. Getting exalted with the Sons of Hodir is VERY easy these days and it doesn't have to involve grinding boring daily quests. You can buy Relic of Ulduar off of the AH these days for a fairly low price. You can hand these in for rep, they upped the Rep you get from those in 3.2 I think it was. So in your case you need about 450 Relics to get exalted. Didn't do the math, because I really cba. Once your exalted with Sons, get the proper enchant. This would be no problem of course, if you had Inscription.

Going on to your specs. Your Destruction spec seems decent, I would suggest to switch to Glyph of Immolate instead of Lifetap once you get lower on spirit. Your destruction rotation seems ok, only thing I'd suggest is to use Curse of Doom if another warlock is on Elements duty or you have Boomkin or an Unholy DK in the raid, they bring the same buff. And also another thing, keeping up Corruption is an actual DPS loss, how strange that might sound. Using a single Incinerate will have more impact than using your global for a Corruption. Only use Corruption when you're moving.

Next is your Affliction spec. I really don't know what to say about this one. Are you using this spec in a Pve environment? Or is it a PvP spec I don't know off?

• No Imp. Drain Soul and no Soul Siphon.
    You do know that Drain Soul is your strongest spell bar 25% right?
  • Improved Fear?
    Why?
  • Curse of Exhaustion?
    Again, why?
  • Grim Reach.
    This talent might come in handy in certain situations, Lich King phase 2 for example, but it isn't really a necessary talent to have. But do explain please.
  • Improved Howl of Terror
    You using this for Deathwhisper? Only possible fight I can think this one would come in handy.
  • No Bane and Ruin in your Destruction tree and using Aftermath.
    Did you read the Aftermath tooltip?

Just a quick rundown through your armoury. This is the second time I write this post since I accidentally alt+f4'd this page. So sorry if I missed something.

Hope this will help you out a bit!

Sanakthe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanakthe Thu Jun 03 2010, 12:57

Oh, I know I missed something. Why are you using a hit trinket? You have 508 (19.37) hit rating which is way over hit cap. You do know 17% is the hit cap? You can even lower it to 14% if you have a Boomkin or an Spriest in your raid, because they will provide 3% hit. You can get as low as 11%, but you will have to spec 3 points into Suppression in the Affliction tree to get the 14% (3% from Boomkin or Spriest).

Being that much over hit cap is a waste of stats really.

Sanakthe

Back to top Go down

Post  -Thatdeadguy Thu Jun 03 2010, 15:08

My Affliction spec is indeed for PvP'ing...
and for the gems, I'll sort that out asap...
thanks for the hit tip, I'll try replace the trinket.

-Thatdeadguy

Back to top Go down

Post  ochayethamoo Thu Jun 03 2010, 18:59

-Thatdeadguy wrote:
thanks for the hit tip

I dont want to sound like a complete ass, but these are things that you should already know.
ochayethamoo
ochayethamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Feyri Fri Jun 04 2010, 15:03

Unfortunately, we've taken two Warlock trialists recently, and cannot fit a third. On top of that, I'd recommend taking Sanakthe's notes to heart and make the changes, even though you're not joining us.

Best of luck elsewhere!

Feyri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down