Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Priest application

2 posters

Go down

[Declined] Priest application Empty [Declined] Priest application

Post  Quickfire666 Tue Nov 24 2009, 20:47

Personal
Name(optional): Chris

In-game name: Shínígami
Class and spec: Priest - Shadow (OS Disc)
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Sh%C3%ADn%C3%ADgami
(Currently on Alliance, moving over to Horde.)

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? Yes

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? During evenings my ms runs at 83-125, and my internet connection is very reliable, never once cut out of its own accord, only ever due to a power cut (which aren't all that frequent)

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? I have been on Anachronos for a few years now and was once in Bloodpack back in the days of Karazhan under the name of Ombrasanta (Rogue) but left the game for personal problems at the time. I came back and was on horde for a while before moving to Alliance, where i am now moving back from. I know several people from Bloodpack and have always had a pleasant experience when grouping with them or talking to them. It's a pleasant and refreshing feeling playing with your members knowing how capable they are and I would very much like to become a part of it.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? Risen / Sothos is a good friend of mine and has been for a while in the game and more recently Lighter.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? I am currently on Alliance and I am planning to leave because its just not home like horde.

What previous guilds have you been in? I was in Artificial Talent for a while before it went under and as stated previously Bloodpack back in the days of TBC.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? As soon as is needed (Cross Faction)

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? No.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? I have a Death Knight (t7) and a Hunter who i have raided with before, but only naxx10

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? I like going out with friends, going for a social drink, a few TCG's and sometimes participate in World of Darkness.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - Completed on another toon on Kilrogg
Onyxia -
Blackwing Lair -
Ahn'Qiraj -

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Karazhan I participated in with Bloodpack. Due to circumstances I never got much chance to progress further.
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye -
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell -

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Never been in a 25 guild.
Malygos 25 - Completed in 10man.
Ulduar 10 - Upto and killed Kologrim I think he is called.
Ulduar 25 -
ToC 10 normal - Attempted PuG, wasnt one of my better ideas.
ToGC 10 heroic -
ToC 25 normal -
ToGC 25 heroic -

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
Caster tanked one of the four horsemen in naxx10 previously.
When in Bloodpack in the past one of the first Kara raids i went on with my Rogue i was the last one standing against moroes and managed to finish the kill for the raid. (Not sure anyone remembers but it was one of my proudest moments)

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Most times
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Yes
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Sometimes

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - DBM I use
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Yes
Grid - Yes
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? I use some UI altering addons such a titan panel, bartender and always on the look out for handy addons.

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? Ofcourse

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? Ofcourse

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? Farming for mats, making money and attempting to get my 100 mounts achievement.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? Yes. I generally use Flask of the Frost Wyrm, and currently levelling fishing and cooking to supply fish feasts.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? I have Dual-spec, and would be more than willing to respec if needed. My other spec is Discipline and while not being all that used to it and healing with it, Im not totally unfamiliar with it and im willing to research into it if needed.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
Recently with the addition of haste rating making DoT's tick faster (3.3 when released) I have been collecting some haste gear to attempt to improve my DPS by that means, while also attempting to keep my spirit up to add onto my Imp. Spirit Tap to give me a bigger longevity during fights.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.
My rotation is pretty much shadow priest basic and its used to utilise my DPS to its maximum potential while also attempting to be mana friendly. Its pretty much the same rotation used in any fights with the addition of Shadow Word Death when needed while moving and fighting, I also attempt to keep my Power Word Shield up to try and minimise Damage on me or use Dispersion to reduce damage e.g. during the Malygos fight when he uses the Vortex move.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so. I tend to try and keep upto date on Elitist jerks and the WoW forums.

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids? Herbalism (The healing ability sometimes comes in handy with saving my life) and Alchemy to supply flasks.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. I dont have one Im sorry.

Any additional things you'd like to add?

Quickfire666

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Priest application Empty Re: [Declined] Priest application

Post  Rhiannon Wed Nov 25 2009, 02:20

We've five raiding priests at the moment, and your gear/experience is below what we require, so we're going to decline you. Best of luck elsewhere.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down