Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application

3 posters

Go down

[Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application Empty [Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application

Post  Alpa Mon Feb 15 2010, 05:00

Personal
Name(optional): Ben

In-game name: Alpa
Class and spec: Death Knight, Frost (Tank Main) Unholy (Dps Off)
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Alpa

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? Oh Yes

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings? Drops as low as 5fps andcan be as high as 25fps due to the place i live the max meg i can recive is 8 hopefully that will change in the near future.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack? As my fellow exguildys we had our offcers transfer and then the guild fell apart i am of course talking about Rejected so i am now looking to join a top end guild on my original sever to keep me busy and to excede my limits and most importantly keep enjoying the game to its full exstent.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? You may have some Rejected members among your ranks now but not that i have kept in contact with so thats a no for now.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave? Current guild is non exsistant not planning on joining a guild to disapoint people by leaving for a higher guild i already had a app open with.

What previous guilds have you been in? First raiding guild on my Dk was Unknown Error bit of Ulduar and ToC nothing special, Then moved to Dark Secrets was with them for several months till i got replaced by a lower geared tank just to many times and Joined Rejected in which i was with them untill they dispanded.

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? N/A

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with? Normaly i wouldn't but i'm keeping my options open this time and i have 3 other apps open or soon to be open with Renaissance, Sundown and Cold Logic.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before? Zénó my pally dps with a holy offspec raids have all been pugs dps gear is good holy gear is still being worked on link to armory following.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Z%C3%A9n%C3%B3

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? 2 main hobbies 1 of which is Skiing and the other is Golf which i tend to do more of than skiing as theres only set places for Skiing all of which cost alot.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic: N/A
Molten Core - N/A
Onyxia -N/A
Blackwing Lair - N/A
Ahn'Qiraj - N/A

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Cleared all with my TBC Characters Saroman ally priest and Southfury ally rogue
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Cleared part of both with my ally priest Saroman
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - MH partly with Saroman and Cleared BT with Saroman but only after the nerf patch and also Sunwell Partly with Saroman after nerf patch.

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content): Join Catacyslm with Saroman.

Naxxramas 25 -Cleared
Malygos 25 -Cleared sever 4td i might add
OS+3 25 -Cleared sever 4th i think it was
Ulduar 10 - As Far as Freya on Saroman
Ulduar 25 - As Far as Hodir on Saroman
Went for a change made my DK horde side leveled him did some Ulduar and then,
ToC 10 normal - Cleared
ToGC 10 heroic - As Far as Twins
ToC 25 normal - Cleared
ToGC 25 heroic - Got the Worms down but never managed to get Icehowl down.
ICC 10 - As Far as Festergut
ICC 25 - As Far as the Blood Prince Council

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]/[N] Y might be a N on occasions but will tell in advance
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]/[N] Y

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Yep
Omen - Yep
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Nope
Grid - Nope X-Frames tells me everything i need to know ether the raid is dead or alive.
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? Decurse and everyones got to have Gear Score nowadays.

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice. i'll have to get one and add it in im shy Razz

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations? Oh Yes

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal? Yes

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? Achs its kinda an obsession latly and money griniding other than that its leveling proffesions and getting gear for my alt Zénó

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use? 1300 Health Pot, fish feast is normaly a safe bet but i do bring my own just incase.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec? Yes i would be willing to respec but i wouldn't like it tryed out blood tanking got sick of it im a frost tanker and i like it my duel spec it unholy dps 5k dps is the best i can pull tbh its not brill and that why i rather tank.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible. Well as a tank and like most other tanks its stamina all the way but i do like to get as close to being hit caped as i can most people don't like the tier bonnuses but i tend to go for them don't normaly let u down.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about. Being a dk i have one of the most OP moves in wow atm the Anti-Magic Shell so for exsample in the OS+3 encounter for exsample that shell saves you for almost certian death when u have the acolite up increasing fire damage by 75% stacking with the 50% from the drake when that stage comes interlinked with GS, Hands of Sacrifice and PS it is the only way to beat the fight so when it comes to single target tanking keeping enough runic power to consitenly use rune strike when it is activated is esential and Cd's like trinkets and Unbreakable Armor are nice for little enrages to subside the extra damage.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so. Spoken to friends about differnet types of tanking as a DK tryed Blood tanking for a wile saw the increase in health and the extra aggro on single target but got sick of loseing aggro on packs and i found i can hold aggro on a single target in frost just as easly as in blood but aoe tanking becomes so much easyer.

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids? Mining and Jc, When u have Jc u can't really level it without Mining or an alt with mining without spending a boom but they both give me increased stamina which helps with the tanking and jc'ing gives some nice gems for my duel spec.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. Once again i'll have to get one togther and post it later.

Any additional things you'd like to add? Thanks for taking the time to read my application forgive the spelling mistakes i exscuse im Decilesic, Thanks Again. Alpa

[Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application 2569691ebAiJ
[Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application Sig-1363176

Alpa

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application Empty Re: [Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application

Post  Stylez Mon Feb 15 2010, 07:20

A few issues I see here. One huge one is your gem to activate the meta. A nightmare tear is a horrible choice for tanking. I'd strongly suggest you replace it with a Shifting Dreadstone (10 agi 15 stam) or Regal(?) Dreadstone (10 dodge 15 stam). Also you glove enchant, generally an 18 stam patch is superior to Armsman. Avoidance even with Chill of the Throne isn't so much an issue, or at least from a healers PoV, it isn't. Also, Tuskarr's Vitality is often a better boot enchant choice. 8% movement speed might not sound like much, but with the ICC fights the way they are, it's so much better having that over 70 hp.
Another thing would be your hit, it's pretty damn low. In an ideal world, you want to be at least melee capped against level 83 mobs (8%) if not pushing for spell cap, even more so as frost.
You mentioned your buff food type and that you take a fish feast. Sure, it's alright, but it isnt optimal. Generally a 40 agi 40 stam or 40 str 40 stam buff food is better, but whatever.
As for your comment towards Tier bonuses, the DK ones aren't too terrible. Although with that said I haven't read much into them and I don't tank as a DK often, aside from the fact blood tap is more of a threat/dps button than anything these days.
Anyhow, good luck with the app.
Stylez
Stylez

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application Empty Re: [Declined] Alpa Dk Frost Tank Application

Post  Rhiannon Tue Feb 16 2010, 13:54

I'm afraid we have no need for another tank at this time, better luck elsewhere.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down