Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Tatooine - Resto Druid Application

2 posters

Go down

[Declined] Tatooine - Resto Druid Application Empty [Declined] Tatooine - Resto Druid Application

Post  Tatooine Wed Feb 24 2010, 17:30

Personal
Name(optional): Jon

In-game name: Tatooine
Class and spec: Druid Resto
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Tatooine

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? Yes

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
In 25 man raids I normaly raid with 30+ fps however this does drop sometimes when ftapsing. My pc is a custom build system so it has no problems running anything around at the mo and my internet is with virgin with an average latency of 150ms

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
Well Cold Logic has just disbanded and I wasn't chosen to be taken to the new merger with the officers from CL and renaissance, from what I get gather they already had 2 resto druids so it was bad luck on me, Yea thanks.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
I don’t know if I can name anyone really but a few people should recognise my name

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
Disbanding therefore looking for a new raiding guild

What previous guilds have you been in?
Well any guilds that are worth talking about a long gone these days. I believe the last few were Made and Cold logic. So you can see when I get happy somewhere I tend to stay

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here? N/A

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
No

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
I have a level 80 mage, Varo, in ok ish gear and a pala geonosis that I am levelling to be prot

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?
Well I am a bit of a geek, building computers / fixing other peoples. I like to make fraps videos however have not been able to film anything of worth for some time. I also play hockey.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - Cleared at 60
Onyxia - Cleared at 60
Blackwing Lair - Never Saw as a 60
Ahn'Qiraj - Never Saw as a 60
Naxxramas - Never Saw as a 60

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - Cleared
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Cleared

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Cleared
Malygos 25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10 - Cleared
Ulduar 25 - Cleared
ToC 10 normal - Cleared
ToGC 10 heroic - Cleared
ToC 25 normal - Cleared
ToGC 25 heroic - Cleared except for Anub
ICC 10 normal - All up to LK
ICC 10 heroic - Never been
ICC 25 normal - All up to Aindragosa
ICC 25 heroic - Never been

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about. Done all the ulduar 10 man hardmode stuff, also have a few icc and toc ones

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [N]

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs - Yes
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Yes
Grid - Yes
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned?
No don’t think so just have most of the normal ones like bartender, recount. I try and keep them down just so the game runs better

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
I don’t have a screenshot on this computer however you should be about to see what my ui looks like from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSNnIJV7xCE
I have however changes this a little a few days ago will edit this post when I get home and take a new shot

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?
Deffo if that’s the hardest stuff in the game bring it on

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Yep no problem

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
Mostly doing random hc’s or levelling my alts

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
Yep that’s not a problem, my druid is an elixir master so make all my own flasks

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
Well I have played a raiding resto druid all through tbc and all of wolk so I think I am well adverse in the ways of the tree. Druid healing specs are really simple, just get the key things and it works. I also have a feral spec for tanking, gears not too bad, about 43k unbuffed

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
Keep it leather ofc and just go for mp5/spell power/int/spir and generally just go for bigger numbers simples

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.
What I have learned over my time playing my druid is its all about the hots and quick reactions. Keep a few hots on the tanks and spam the rest of the raid with rejuv, it seams to work ok

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
I mostly use mmo-champion and wowhead to get my info from, they seam to cover all the bases

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?
Herbs gives me an extra hot to keep me up, I am not so great at keeping my self up because I worry about the raid first, alch gives me 2 hour flasks to save no money there.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/98qzsc8oaea2vcxh/details/17/

Any additional things you'd like to add?
I don’t think so, just I hope to hear from you soon. I did notice that you just got a holy pala app and you said something about your current healers being in a state of flux so when you guys are sorted can you let me know either way.

Thanks
Tat

Tatooine

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Tatooine - Resto Druid Application Empty Re: [Declined] Tatooine - Resto Druid Application

Post  Rhiannon Wed Feb 24 2010, 17:56

Thanks for the app. While I'm unsure about whether we can accomodate another holy paladin (we've currently only one main spec holy paladin), I know we can't fit a third/fourth resto druid in at the moment, sorry.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down