Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Trial] Zaiss, Retribution Paladin

4 posters

Go down

[Trial] Zaiss, Retribution Paladin Empty [Trial] Zaiss, Retribution Paladin

Post  zaiss1 Mon Jun 14 2010, 14:40

Personal
Name(optional): Ilvija

In-game name: Zaiss
Class and spec: Retribution Spec 5/7/59 and offspec of Retribution 11/5/55
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Zaiss

Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? yes

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?
Fps is normally 40 or 50, Latency is 100ms Im not great on pc stuff i dont disconnect very often though and the internet is reliable.

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?
I would to see the End game content and try the heroic modes in 25mans and challenge myself and your the best guild on the server.

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you?
Jejinho used to be in Phoenix Rising with me and hope he would vouch for me.

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?
Im currently in Phoenix Rising, all my friends have now left and I would like a new challenge and be able to do something different in raids and progress abit more.

What previous guilds have you been in? Latvian Undead (was a Latvian guild), IVXX

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
No I dont.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?
I have a Hunter lv80 called Kukuu 8/12 icc 10 and 5 heroic modes, 5/12 25man normal.
Doks Shaman Healer 11/12 icc 10 man normal, icc 4/12 25 man normal.

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game? I have a 2 yr old son and like to go spend my free time with him.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic: Only been playing since Burning Crusade
Molten Core -
Onyxia -
Blackwing Lair -
Ahn'Qiraj -
Naxxramas -

The Burning Crusade:
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Karazhan and Zul Aman cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - not done at the time
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - not done at the time

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - Done
Malygos 25 - Done
Ulduar 10 - Upto Mimiron
Ulduar 25 - Upto Mimiron too
ToC 10 normal - Cleared
ToGC 10 heroic - Cleared
ToC 25 normal - Cleared
ToGC 25 heroic - First 3 done before Icc came out
ICC 10 normal - Cleared
ICC 10 heroic - 8/12
ICC 25 normal - 11/12 with Pr and Synth alt run
ICC 25 heroic - Just Gunship done

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
Have done alot of Hard modes in Ulduar 10, and have killed the Lk 10 man Smile

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y] I work Saturdays and Sundays cant always make these raids.
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Can raid upto 23.00 but not after.

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs / DXE - Deadly Boss Mods, Bigwigs use both
Omen - Yes
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - OmniCC
Grid - I use raid frames in Dominoes

Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? OmniCC, Pally Power, Serious Help in Timing (Retrib addon), Snowfall Keypress.

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img412/6481/zaiss1.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img13/557/wowscrnshot032910223416.jpg

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding?
When im not raiding I prepare myself with food and flasks ready for the next raid, do all the daily heroics and bg's on all my chrs and sell stuff on ah for money.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?
I have over 20k so repairs and cost of flasks is not a problem, I make my own flasks and Feasts as well.
I use Endless rage Flasks, Dragonfin fillet, Smocked rockfin, Elixir of Mighty Strength sometimes potion of speed too

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?
I am always checking up other peoples specs on armoury and always willing to accept any advise i can get to help me improve. Willing to respect to whatever the guild needs.
I dual spec with the Aura Mastery spec as well for when needed.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.
I go for Str, Agi, Hit rating and Expertise till caps, then Haste and Armour Penetration. I use Rawr to check on improvements for my gear too.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.

My Rotation is Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.
RAWR mod, http://www.wowjuju.com/repcalc#EU_Anachronos_Zaiss i use alot has links to all sorts of helpful things, wowhead, Elitist jerks

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?

Blacksmithing (450) for the Extra sockets Smile, Engineering (450) for Enhancements,

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. Sorry dont have one from Phoenix Rising

Any additional things you'd like to add? Im from Lativa have been playing for 2 years, I have a 2yr old son and work on the weekends. Im a lovely woman bit shy on speaking as my english not so good in chat and speaking. Sorry if some answers are a little short but this is my first application and english not native language. Im always willing to learn in game too

Thankyou for reading my application

zaiss1

Back to top Go down

[Trial] Zaiss, Retribution Paladin Empty Re: [Trial] Zaiss, Retribution Paladin

Post  zaiss1 Mon Jun 14 2010, 14:48

i made a mistake sorry for this, Sad sundays cant always raid should be (no) as work and fridays only till 11pm hope this isnt a problem.

zaiss1

Back to top Go down

Post  Feyri Mon Jun 14 2010, 16:06

After examining your armory profile, there were a few faults I'd like you to correct.

Gems - To my understanding a Retribution Paladin should be looking at:
Socket bonus of 4 strength (or higher), or 6 agility in an item with a yellow and a red socket, should be gemmed with Strength-Crit (Inscribed Ametrines).
If an item has a yellow and a blue socket, and your nightmare's tear is already socket somewhere else - straight Strength stacking in that item.
If an item has double yellow sockets - Inscribed Ametrines.

Your nightmare's tear seems to be in a Blacksmithing socket instead of a blue socket in an item that can potentially award you more Strength if it was socket into it instead, like your chest. You should take advantage of a tear for a good socket bonus.

Expertise rating - seems fairly high as well, for a Retribution Paladin. Especially if you're running Seal of Vengeance glyph. It would make more sense if either lose some Expertise via gear, or you pick up Glyph of Exorcism instead.

Feyri

Back to top Go down

Post  zaiss1 Mon Jun 14 2010, 16:54

I have read what you said and made some changes with what you asked.

zaiss1

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiggerlywoo Mon Jun 14 2010, 17:13

not raided with zaiss as much as psychotic but a gd ret pally none the less still vouch for her Smile good luck zaiss

Wiggerlywoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Tue Jun 15 2010, 02:03

You missed a question or two, might want to go back and double check through. Also, your answers to a couple of the most important questions were rather brief.

"I go for Str, Agi, Hit rating and Expertise till caps, then Haste and Armour Penetration. I use Rawr to check on improvements for my gear too."

You omitted the most important of the secondary stats, crit, though judging from your gearing I think this was just an oversight rather than anything else.

Rotation-wise, while you're perfectly correct about your priority, there's other less obvious things that you can let you push out a bit more dps. Some topics for consideration:

Hand of Reckoning.

Seal of Corruption vs Seal of Command.

Consecration on movement fights.

Avenging wrath, hyperspeed accelerators, trinket procs, potions of speed and bloodlust - how to make the most of them.

You also don't really mention the utility side of rets (and paladins in general), which is of course fairly important. While your UI shows decursive, so you're able to assist with dispels as required easily enough, I don't see any raid frames such as grid or even blizzard default. This makes me wonder how you use utility like lay on hands, hand of sacrifice, salvation, protection on members of the raid if they need it.

Consumables wise - potions of speed are definitely an important consumable for progression raids. Are you in the habit of pre-potting? Also, you don't mention saronite bombs despite being an engineer, which, while only a small amount of extra damage, are nonetheless extra damage for progression raids.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  zaiss1 Tue Jun 15 2010, 04:20

i now see the 2 questions i missed out thankyou for showing me that, sry if some answers are brief im much better with spoken english then written as its not my main language.

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?

I dont mind wiping learning encounters, it upsets me when people try boss a few time fail and give up i like to keep trying till we get it down.

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?

Of course raid setup always come first im willing to stepout or miss raids for good of the guild.

The Str i did miss by accident it is important and my gear so far shows this but only on gear not for gemming i think.

I did think about including saronite bombs but was so little dmg i left it out sry

zaiss1

Back to top Go down

Post  zaiss1 Tue Jun 15 2010, 18:21

zaiss1

Back to top Go down

Post  Feyri Tue Jun 15 2010, 19:47

Some tweaking is still needed but we'd like to offer you a trial.

Contact an officer when you're ready to join Bloodpack.

Feyri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down