Bloodpack [Anachronos-EU]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Trial] Psychotic, Holy Paladin

5 posters

Go down

[Trial] Psychotic, Holy Paladin Empty [Trial] Psychotic, Holy Paladin

Post  psychotic Mon Jun 14 2010, 14:45

Personal
Name(optional): Matthew

In-game name: Psychotic
Class and spec: Holy Paladin 52/19/0 Tank offspec

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&cn=Psychotic
Are you the original owner of the account/character you're applying with? yep only me

What framerate do you generally play at in 25 man raids? Is your PC and internet connection reliable? What's your average latency to the game servers during evenings?

Normally i play at above 40fps at all times with everything on full even in the most demanding 25man its a new quad core pc with a hd4870 sonic dual radeon graphics card, Latancy is normally at 45ms (use Leatrix latency fix) im on Virgin 20mb

Why are you applying to Bloodpack?

I have been on the realm for a few years now and have seen the rise of Bloodpack to now number 1 on the server of course Smile. I have a few old friends in Bloodpack too. I would like to be able to progress and do the harder bosses in Heroic as well and your the best guild to be able to do this in. And would hope my skills can be of some use to the guild Smile

Have you played with anyone in Bloodpack before, who might vouch for you? Wiggerlywoo, Jejinho these 2 i would hope will vouch for me Smile also know Puuhaa, Ekdidomai,

What is your current guild and why are you planning to leave?

Im in Phoenix Rising atm was Gm as well till last week (as decided to leave) and been leading the raids for a long time the guild has been stuttering recently with summer and exams and people slacking a bit not wanting to turn up for raids past the easy first day of 25mans. Also my friend has left the guild as well making me want to move on and get a bit further in the game and have some new challenges.

What previous guilds have you been in? Made back in TBC which i loved, Waco, Ludicrous (Officer and GM), Drunken cows (Officer), Phoenix Rising (GM)

If this is a cross-realm application, should you be accepted for trial, how soon can you transfer here?

Do you currently have any pending application with any other guild? If yes, who with?
No I dont have any applications anywhere else and have left Phoenix Rising as dont feel right applying here while still in there.

Do you have any high level alt characters? Have you raided with them before?

I have a few level 70's and one level 79 shaman healer so will gear him up fast and learn the class too Smile but my Pala is my love and have been fully concentrated on her Smile

What interests and hobbies do you have outside of the game?

I go to the Gym almost every night at midnight, I know silly time but its when my friends go and i like to raid as long as i can too. Computers is my other Interest I fix them on the side and do some freelance computer consultancy when i can get the work nowadays.

Raiding

What is your past raiding experience in the game to date? Please only include content that you cleared at the appropriate level cap - we're not interested if you cleared AQ 40 last week.

Classic:
Molten Core - Cleared but with Rogue
Onyxia - Tried not cleared
Blackwing Lair - not done
Ahn'Qiraj - 20 man done not done aq40
Naxxramas - not cleared
Also cleared Zul Gurub

The Burning Crusade: Speed Leveled Paladin especially for TBC Smile
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair & Magtheridon - Cleared with Made on Psychotic
Serpentshrine Cavern & The Eye - All cleared with Made on Psychotic
Mount Hyjal, Black Temple & Sunwell - Mount Hyjal Cleared with Made on Psychotic, 5/9 in black temple with waco as Made took a summer break and never recovered Sad, Sunwell never attempted.

Wrath of the Lich King (excluding commonly pugged content):

Naxxramas 25 - All Cleared
Malygos 25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10 - done upto Yogg before Toc came out and all hard modes now except one light in the darkness for Glory of the Ulduar Raider
Ulduar 25 - Done upto Mimiron with Drunken cows & Phoenix Rising
ToC 10 normal - All Cleared
ToGC 10 heroic - All Cleared
ToC 25 normal - All Cleared
ToGC 25 heroic - 3/5 lack of interest once icc came out Sad
ICC 10 normal - Done all as Holy Paladin and Sindragosa and Lk as Tank as well
ICC 10 heroic - Heroic storming the Citadel and Crimson Hall, Festergut and Rotface from Plagueworks
ICC 25 normal - 11/12 upto blood queen with PR rest with Synthesis.
ICC 25 heroic - just gunship heroic so far all i have been able to try

Please list any achievements from a raid environment that you have and feel we should know about.
Have The Twilight zone (25 player) back from when os3d was actually difficult, and Glory of the Raider both from before the Nerfs. And quite proud of only ever tanking 2 bosses in raid environment ever but they were sindragosa and lich king 10man and done successfully Smile which is a good start for my tanking experience.

Are you available to make our raid times? If there is a night when you can attend some times a month, but not always, please state so.
Thursday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Friday = 19:30-23:30 [Y]
Sunday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Monday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
Tuesday = 19:30-22:30 [Y]
I can pretty much stay later every night if needed too

Do you use these following addons?
Deadly Boss Mods / Bigwigs / DXE - Deadly Boss Mods
Omen - yes i have Omen
DoTimer or some other sort of spelltimers - Healbot has some built in I also use Omnicc and X-perl and Quartz for my cooldowns and timers as Holy Pala.
Grid - i have Grid, but also use Healbot and X-perl for my Paladin as well
Any other addons which you feel should be mentioned? I also use Sct, Pally Power, Decursive, Bartender, Snowfall Key Press and Heal Organizer (when leading raids).

If possible, please try to provide a screenshot of your UI in a raiding setting. If you aren't able to get one from inside a raid, a screenshot of it from a battleground will suffice.
https://2img.net/h/i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc84/mjcanom/WoWScrnShot_061310_202048.jpg
Normally dont use grid but turned it on so you could see i have it

With blizzard adding optional "hard-modes" to future encounters, we're intending to beat the more difficult version of each fight, not just the basic version. Are you prepared to spend the time re-learning encounters to beat them in their hardest incarnations?

Of course this is what i miss so much from being in Made and Drunken Cows the nights and nights of wiping but the feeling of achievement when you finally get them down Smile

Are you prepared to sit out if an encounter requires a certain raid composition for which you are not ideal?
Always if it helps the raid or rotates players whatevers best im happy to step out although I will prob be sat waiting outside the instance all night incase needed Smile.

How do you fill your playing time when not raiding? I play with Zaiss and Cerealkiller on the realm doing dailys and still trying to get to 9k achievements making flasks on my alt which im currently trying to gear up as just dinged 80 always willing to help and go old instances as well.

Raiding's not cheap. Flasks, potions, buff food, and of course repairs all cost money and time, and so does keeping your gear gemmed and chanted properly. Are you able to support your raiding expenses? What consumables do you typically use?

I always make sure I have plenty of cash and do dailys and use the Ah to make my money im normally always above 20k. I use Either MP5 or SP flasks depending on the encounter and always try and make sure i have 10 of each on me, i also use Guru's Elixir +20 stats and Elixir of Mighty Thoughts +45 int if I feel thats better for the Encounter.
I farm and bring my own Feasts as well incase none are Supplied.

Why have you chosen your particular spec/class? How familiar are you with your class' other specs? Would you be willing to respec if the raid required it? Do you have dual-spec?

I know my class well (except Retribution) and Love Holy Paladin and have used loads of different specs over the years currently im using the Divine Sacrifice/ Aura Mastery spec as its the best for raiding at this time theres a few variantes you can have in this spec like reduced Hammer of justice but i like imp Devotion Aura for the tank mitagation even if the healing side doesnt stack with Tree of life but feel this is personal preference really
Always willing to change things or respec if thats what the guild needs.
I do have Dual spec Protection is my second Spec although this is quite resent i have a 5.5gs in tank and have tanked the lich king, I was using 2 different holy specs before this.

What is the general gearing strategy you follow for your class? Please be as specific as possible.

Gearing would always be Int (as much as can get hands on) then haste (about 900 or slightly above is enough) MP5 then Crit (but this again depends on the amount of crit as it also gives mp5 plus other benefits).
I have different gear for different bosses like Dreamwalker where saying mana isnt needed if going in portals and Spellpower or Haste is a better choice for trinkets libram.
As for Gems well now im onto Heroic modes full int is needed, and having Nightmare Tear in Helm means i get the socket bonus and the Meta gem is working as well.

Please give a brief description of how you go about doing your job in a raid. What's your DPS cycle/priority system if you're a DPS? What spells do you use in what situations as a healer? How do you go about maximising threat whilst minimising incoming damage, as a tank? What more is there to tanking than those two aspects? Use a particular boss fight as an example if it will make it easier to talk about.

I would Start with Beacon on the tank and Usually Sacred Shield on the Offtank (Unless offtank is a paladin and is using there own) for the hot bonus as you dont usually heal the beacon target directly, precast of Holy light is always useful if timed right as you get 0.5sec from it off next cast of Holy Light.

Using Judgement of Light is best for holy paladins but judge differently depending on raid setup but im a firm believer in Ret or Tanks judging Wisdom in there rotations because 100% up-time on Judgement of Wisdom is a raid dps increase and Holy cant always spare the 1.5sec Gcd to judge all the time.

Holy shock is a very useful spell and can give you a instant FOL after or 20% crit on Holy Light as well.

Holy light is the Main spell I would use along with the Glyph of Holy light and full int spec is very effective.
Fol is useful for Small damage fights or like Deathwhisper for healing the Shadow bolts or if quick heal is needed and holy shock is on cooldown.

Good Use of Trinkets and knowing when to use Divine Favour and Divine Illumination or Aura Mastery is essential along with Divine Plea for mana back along with Avenging wrath to lessen the effects of 50% less healing from
Divine Plea being careful of the 30sec you cant then use bubble for.

Bubble along with Divine Sacrifice is good for most icc bosses even more so in Heroic.
I also have Decursive for Cleansing.

Do you use external resources (such as 3rd party forums, spreadsheets, simulations) to research your class and spec? Give examples, links, and commentary if so.

Wowwiki, Tankspot and Youtube For tacitcs and boss fights, Elitist Jerks which is a very useful resouce for all things, MMO champion, Best in Slot Paladin Resource http://bis.vilepickle.com/

How do the professions you've chosen benefit you in raids?

Well i have Enchanting which was for the Ring Enchants and benefits of enchanting for the guild, Would like to change this to Blacksmithing for the Extra Sockets instead but got so many recipes and so far in Enchanting cant bear to part with it but may have to the End.

My Second Profession is JewelCrafting for the 3 Bigger intellect jewels thats we are able to use is really nice for Holy Paladins.

Please provide a recent combat log parse (e.g. WWS, WMO, WoL) of your character in a raid environment if you have access to one. PR didnt use any so none available to me.

Any additional things you'd like to add?

Im a seasoned Raider and Hopefully I bring some things to the raid that would be useful to you, im very eager to progress and do more Hard Modes in Icc
I have a whole range of Keybinds most on Keypad (as im left handed) and also a save my own arse Keybind set to spacebar, i use a mouse with 9 buttons also for easy access to my most commonly used spells.
Thankyou for your time in reading My application if theres anything I have left out or you would like to know please contact me or leave a comment in reply and I will try my best to answer.
Thanks Psychotic

psychotic

Back to top Go down

[Trial] Psychotic, Holy Paladin Empty Re: [Trial] Psychotic, Holy Paladin

Post  Feyri Mon Jun 14 2010, 15:31

Well I can't really find earthshattering faults in your application, everything seems solid and at the very least Wiggerlywoo speaks highly of you.

Your stats seem balanced, your raiding experience seem proper.

One thing I'd like to point out is that you may very well need to pick up Improved Hammer of Justice for our progression raids, which are Lich King HM.

I know you said you're not quite familiar with Retribution, but some encounters may require less healers than others, even though you said that you're much more familiar with tanking and healing, will you be able to DPS some encounters if need be?

Another thing I'd like you to look into is your boots enchant, Tuskkar's Vitality in general is a better enchant for just about any class with the exclusion of a few specs than Icewalker, especially in a relatively high movement fight such as Lich King. Also your head and shoulder enchant, to my understanding the best choice for your gear level is the MP5 variations, rather than the Crit ones.

Feyri

Back to top Go down

Post  psychotic Mon Jun 14 2010, 16:08

Well i have never been retribution ever so would be a complete noob would need to gear up etc and learn the class from scratch but can do it if really needed.

The Head and Shoulder enchant are about the same really with mp5 either one is good until new patch but can change easily enough will do now.

I did have Tuskar's Vitality until recently and have read a few posts saying the hit/crit is good for holy atm but can see your point on run speed for some encounters so will change it back Smile

psychotic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiggerlywoo Mon Jun 14 2010, 17:12

very good healer known and raided with him for a long time and never had an issue with his healing good luck matt about time u applied!

Wiggerlywoo

Back to top Go down

Post  psychotic Mon Jun 14 2010, 17:46

Will change to improved hammer of justice i think stunning the Valkyr in lk is quite important Smile

psychotic

Back to top Go down

Post  Jejinho Mon Jun 14 2010, 18:36

what can i say about matt... he's a great healer my opinion maybe the top active holy pala on the server, i vouch for Psychotic he would be a great addition to our roster imo. Gl with your app Matt Smile
Jejinho
Jejinho

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhiannon Tue Jun 15 2010, 02:16

Looks like a solid app, a couple of things to pick on:

An often-overlooked but fairly considerable source of mana return for holy paladins is seal/judgement of wisdom procs from melee swings as well as judgements. Might be worth mentioning fights where you take advantage of this.

You mention bubbling with divine sac. Do you also have a cancelaura macro to cancel off divine sacrifice whilst leaving divine guardian active? Costs one gcd rather than two, and lets you keep your bubble cd for other things (I'm thinking of LK heroic specifically here).

I see two sets of raid frames on your UI, how come? No doubt it might work for you, just seems odd to have to move your mouse (and eyes) between three different locations (the two raid frames and decursive) in different parts of the screen, as well as consume more screen real-estate than perhaps necessary.

Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post  psychotic Tue Jun 15 2010, 04:09

Of course the Seal/wisdom procs from melee is a very big resource for getting mana back, well theres alot of fights you can do this like the obvious Marrogar where were all in close to boss or like festergut (depending where you set some of your healers as every guild is different) even if just on the run in for the spores. but its always benefically to get a few swings in when you can safely on most encounters.

I do have the double Tap macro for cancelling the aura on Divine Sacrifice so you can keep the 6 sec Divine Guardian safely, but its always nice to include this with bubble when you can to get the full 10 secs from this ability but of course situational as always.

I turned on Grid just to show that i do have it available and do use it on my shammy but as i said on application its not normally turned on for my paladin.

psychotic

Back to top Go down

Post  Feyri Tue Jun 15 2010, 19:45

You've shown understanding of your class and willingness to alter things if needed, combined with the number of solid vouches in your favor - we'd like to offer you a trial.

Please contact any one of the officers for a guild invite!

Feyri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down